Mayock's top 5 RBs:

Rank Player College

1. Rashard Mendenhall Illinois

2. Darren McFadden Arkansas

3. Jonathan Stewart Oregon

4. Felix Jones Arkansas

5. Chris Johnson East Carolina

een predicting

Lmao, who the **** is Mayock? Sounds to me its a nobody that works on nfl.com so this is pointless.

Twinblade (2/9/2008)
texasbirdfan (2/9/2008)
Dropping like a rock like I have been predicting:

Mayock's top 5 RBs:

Rank Player College

4. Felix Jones Arkansas

een predicting

Lmao, who the **** is Mayock? Sounds to me its a nobody that works on nfl.com so this is pointless.

Are you insane or do you live in a box? Keiper takes notes from him. The National Football Leagues top analyst

texasbirdfan (2/9/2008)
Twinblade (2/9/2008)
texasbirdfan (2/9/2008)

Mayock's top 5 RBs:

Rank Player College

4. Felix Jones Arkansas

een predicting

Are you insane or do you live in a box? Keiper takes notes from him. The National Football Leagues top analyst

So thats where Kiper gets most of his wrong picks.

Twinblade (2/9/2008)
texasbirdfan (2/9/2008)
Twinblade (2/9/2008)
texasbirdfan (2/9/2008)

Mayock's top 5 RBs:

Rank Player College

4. Felix Jones Arkansas

een predicting

Twinblade:

go back to school and learn something

texasbirdfan (2/9/2008)
Twinblade (2/9/2008)
texasbirdfan (2/9/2008)
Twinblade (2/9/2008)
texasbirdfan (2/9/2008)

Mayock's top 5 RBs:

Rank Player College

4. Felix Jones Arkansas

een predicting

Twinblade:

go back to school and learn something

lmao, butt hurt much?

Twinblade (2/9/2008)
bigduke633 (2/9/2008)
Why have a quote that spreads out the whole page?Its horrible.....

It does, Quotes spread pages way to much...reason why most topics become 10 pages long when its clearly a 2 page topic.

You can fix the quote bug by editing it yourself. It takes time but makes it much easier to read. BTW DMac is the best running back in this class period ;)

It's interesting anyway. I think Mayock is wrong, but his reasoning is probably that Mendenhall is a better inside runner than McFadden while almost equal outside. Mendenhall will probably do better than McFadden would in an offense that features 1 back, while McFadden will need to be in a 2 back system.

I think it's a lot closer than many would suspect, but I'd still have McFadden ranked top 5 overall, while Mendenhall falls somewhere between 8 - 15. I do think Mendenhall has the potential to be the better back by the end of their careers.

Chris Johnson

RB, East Carolina

War Room analysis

Strengths: Has it all -- speed, elusiveness, hands, route-running skills, quickness, explosion and competitive fire. Shows good vision to locate the hole and burst through it. Shows little wasted movement, and cuts upfield quickly. Shows good strength and leg drive to gain yardage after contact. Is not afraid to lower head and pick up tough yardage. Makes would-be tacklers miss in the open field. Is at his best running to the corner, and is adept at spotting cutback lanes once outside the tackles. Can outrun defenders who have the angle on him. As a former wide receiver, shows natural hands and good concentration. Understands the route tree, and is a solid route-runner. Gains good separation in and out of breaks. Is tough and not afraid to go over the middle. Also is an outstanding kickoff return man, attacking and hitting the creases hard and showing the speed to make big plays.

Weaknesses: Is thin; must add bulk to hold up in the NFL. Is not much of a blocker; will get in the way, but is not a go-getter. Must become more aggressive and improve technique as a blocker. Has small hands, and could have trouble with ball security in traffic in the NFL.

Bottom line: Johnson is an explosive player who has not reached his potential. He has all the tools to be a special player in the NFL, making big plays as a runner, receiver and return man. He has world-class speed and outstanding cutback ability and is tough. He is a threat to score on every touch. Johnson's senior season started slowly, but he rebounded nicely and shows the ability to make a major impact in the NFL. His lack of bulk probably will cause him to slide into the second or third round.

grendel (2/9/2008)
From NFLDraftGuys.com
Darren McFadden Summary:

Darren McFadden is the most celebrated draft eligible running back this season. He has a highlight reel worth of great plays and was the runner up for the Heisman trophy the last two years. He has great speed and fantastic acceleration. He has decent hands, is a good blocker and he can throw the ball as well as some college QBs. He is the best RB in this class and is likely to be a top 10 pick.

This was his worst game of the season. The Auburn defense held him to 43 yards and no touchdowns. This was a great game to review because although it shows off some of his great skills, it also highlights his negative traits. One thing you notice in watching McFadden on film is that he is very much a straight line runner. A very fast, quick accelerating straight line runner who can also run fast from sideline to sideline, but still, a more straight line runner than desired. He certainly has some wiggle, but he really doesn't have many juke or breakdown moves like most of the elite running backs.

Another thing that you can see in this game is that although he is quite big and well built, he really doesn't run with much power. He is willing to take on defenders and lower his shoulder, but he doesn't run through them very well or keep his balance after a hit.

He also doesn't seem as instinctual or have as good of vision as some of the other elite RBs. You can see all these things in one play, his last carry, the 36th play above. He first doesn't seem to see a hole that opens laterally to the LOS, then as a defender breaks in he doesn't even try a juke to get around the defender with minimal contact but instead lowers his shoulder to take the defender head on, and finally he doesn't move the defender very much and loses his balance as he spins after the contact.

Look, Darren McFadden is an excellent running back and is my top ranked RB in this class. But comparisons in terms of college domination or NFL readiness to Adrian Peterson, LaDanian Tomlinson or Reggie Bush are way off. He is the best back in the class, but not nearly as far above his peers as those 3 backs were in their class. He is also much less "bust proof" than those 3 (although some would say that Bush is a bust himself). I expect him to go #1 in almost all rookie drafts, but if you can get a real superstar for that pick, I would make the trade. He won't find as many straight lines or run away from as many defenders in the NFL.

Well in that case i got more of a reason to not even attempt to get mcfadden or any other overrated RBs in the draft.....

Chris Johnson<<<<<<<<<<<<<<thats our new prospect but its also other underrated players in the DRAFT now that i think about it. See you got Josh Johnson, Dennis Dixon( possible to come back strong as ever) & uhh i think thats it.

We cant look past them for a overrated body & i think TD knows that :hehe:

Darren McFadden

RB, Arkansas

War Room analysis

Strengths: McFadden is a great athlete with the quickness, agility, balance and speed rare for a big, strong back. Is a naturally instinctive runner who sees the field and consistently finds the correct hole. Shows a deceptive burst to get through the hole, and makes sharp cuts. Follows blockers, and cuts off them nicely. Is surprisingly nifty and agile in traffic, and shows the strength and balance to break tackles -- always gains yardage after contact. Is deceptively explosive; seems to glide and before you know it is outrunning the entire defense. Despite a lot of personnel changes from last year, McFadden stepped up and carried the offense in '07.

Weaknesses: Lacks elite, Barry Sanders-like elusiveness, and won't make as many NFL defenders miss. Must improve ball security in traffic. As a pass blocker, must improve technique and desire. Rarely is utilized as a receiver, and must improve route-running skills. Needs to add about 10-15 pounds to be a feature NFL back.

Bottom line: McFadden, a junior in '07, is expected to leave school nest spring and is sure to be a first-round pick. He consistently impresses scouts with his ability to punish would-be tacklers and gain yardage after contact. McFadden has the tools to carry an NFL offense as a runner but must improve his pass blocking and receiving skills to maximize his talent.

NEWS

McFadden isn't sticking around for another run at the Heisman Trophy. The Arkansas All-American announced Monday he'll skip his senior season and enter the NFL draft.

"When I was growing up, I dreamed of playing for the Razorbacks," McFadden said. "Now, the time has come for me to pursue another dream of mine -- playing in the NFL."

McFadden was the Heisman runner-up in 2006 and 2007, so his decision to turn pro wasn't surprising. He ran for 1,830 yards last season, second on the Southeastern Conference's single-season list. He is also second on the career list with 4,590 yards rushing.

McFadden's decision comes a week after he was involved in a "pretty rowdy scene" at a piano bar in Little Rock, when he was handcuffed by police and then released without charges. In the summer of 2006, he severely injured his toe in a fight outside another club, but recovered in time to play in the season opener.

McFadden holds Arkansas' career and single-season rushing records.

McFadden, from Little Rock, made an immediate impression in 2005. He ran for 1,113 yards and was chosen SEC freshman of the year. In 2006, he led Arkansas on a 10-game winning streak and was second in the Heisman race to Ohio State's Troy Smith.

-- Associated Press

texasbirdfan (2/9/2008)

I have about as much respect for Mayock as I do for any other talking head analyst. He's been wrong a number of times and never goes out on a limb to make "not so obvious" observations... and if Kiper takes notes from him then I personally find it hilarious.

Kiper has wiffed so many times on top prospects that I wonder why he even still has a job.... name/hair recognition, I guess.

Anyone who says Matt Ryan is the top QB in this class, let alone a sure fire franchise QB, is a complete and thorough idiot.

Carter (2/9/2008)
texasbirdfan (2/9/2008)

I have about as much respect for Mayock as I do for any other talking head analyst. He's been wrong a number of times and never goes out on a limb to make "not so obvious" observations... and if Kiper takes notes from him then I personally find it hilarious.

Kiper has wiffed so many times on top prospects that I wonder why he even still has a job.... name/hair recognition, I guess.

Anyone who says Matt Ryan is the top QB in this class, let alone a sure fire franchise QB, is a complete and thorough idiot.

They are opinions.Mayock has seen a lot of football.I respect his opinion.I dont agree but hes good.