QBs available in the late third or early fourth?

papikaika (2/9/2008)
John David Booty. I`m sold on him. He isn`t going to "WOW" you, but has the poise and composure to control the game at the position.

papi, i am certainly not a fan of JDB, but he has the arm to be very successful in a West Coast System, but we don't run that. We run more of a vertical passing game, and i have concerns about his arm strength. Do you think he would fit here?

i remember our staff saying we would change the scheme to fit the player, but that seems like it would be more than just a slight adjustment. i feel like henne might be a better fit at this point, which i swear i never thought i would ever say.

Mr. Offseason (2/10/2008)
papikaika (2/9/2008)
John David Booty. I`m sold on him. He isn`t going to "WOW" you, but has the poise and composure to control the game at the position.

papi, i am certainly not a fan of JDB, but he has the arm to be very successful in a West Coast System, but we don't run that. We run more of a vertical passing game, and i have concerns about his arm strength. Do you think he would fit here?

i remember our staff saying we would change the scheme to fit the player, but that seems like it would be more than just a slight adjustment. i feel like henne might be a better fit at this point, which i swear i never thought i would ever say.

You raise a huge point. The WCO is the polar opposite of Mularkey's scheme. Arm Strength wise Ryan, Henne, Flacco, Woodson and Brohm (maybe) are probably the best fits.

JDB`s arm strength could is indeed a question mark for us. IMO, he has adequate arm strength, but the thing i like most about him is his style of quarterbacking and how he runs the offense to control the game. nice and smooth.

as for the question, if he would fit here. I hope and wish he would, but like you said Mularkey`s offense is more a vertical passing attack, so the chances of snatching Flacco, Henne, Woodson, etc is higher than JDB.

An interesting to note though. If Henne were to go to the Dolphins & Flacco garnering high considerations from the Bears. I think we might be left with Woodson, but I wouldn`t rule out the Panther selecting him.

Mr. Offseason (2/10/2008)