Scarlette Johansson will have sex with Penelope Cruz in Woody Allen's Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Headshot

Scarlett Johansson continues to work for Woody Allen even though people stopped paying attention to him again about three seconds after Match Point failed to win any awards of consequence. Their next movie together is Vicky Cristina Barcelona, and unlike Scoop there may actually be a reason to see it.

The NY Post says Scarlett will have an ýÿextremely eroticýÿ lesbian sex scene with Penelope Cruz in it. That sort of thing is nothing new for Penelope, after all this is the woman who made out with her sister for her brotherýÿs music video. I think weýÿve established that thereýÿs nothing Penelope Cruz wonýÿt do.

Scarlett on the other hand has so far avoided being overtly sexualized in most of her movies till now, much to the chagrin of millions of heterosexual men. It looks like sheýÿll make up for it all at once in Vicky Cristina, where in addition to getting gay with Penelope sheýÿll also have a steamy threesome scene with Javier Bardem, who playýÿs Penelopeýÿs husband.

Perhaps the larger question here though is do we really want to watch erotica filmed by Woody Allen? Itýÿs not exactly his forte. Itýÿs kind of like watching stag films with your grandpa. Gross.

Vicky Cristina Barcelona is the movie youýÿve probably heard about Woody shooting in Spain. Plot details are sparse, but it involves two American tourists who become involved in a relationship with a Spanish painterýÿ and apparently his wife? Scarlett Johansson, Penelope Cruz, Javier Bardem, Rebecca Hall, Chris Messina, and Patricia Clarkson star.

dirtybird3245 (2/9/2008)
Man this is bull, no way I'm seeing this movie. It would be like buying axe body spray.

Then every advertiser and film maker thinks that's all they need to have us buying their ##### or seeing their movie.

I agree with your point, but that is no reason not to see the movie.

L.Rover (2/10/2008)
dirtybird3245 (2/9/2008)
Man this is bull, no way I'm seeing this movie. It would be like buying axe body spray.

Then every advertiser and film maker thinks that's all they need to have us buying their ##### or seeing their movie.

I agree with your point, but that is no reason not to see the movie.

If I see it, I won't pay.