Ethan's Mock 2.0

Cut/Release:

Wayne Gandy: Outperformed by both backups and a cap liability

Ojinnaka: No reason to keep him

Joey Harrington: Leftwich will stay but one has to go.

Kynan Forney: Think he will be the odd man out with Mike Smith and Mularkey.

Demorrio Williams: As much as i like him, i think Nicholas will be able to take over his role and be better vs the run than him as well.

Contract Restructures:

Warrick Dunn: Price outmatches production

Kieth Brooking: Same reason as above

Joe Horn: I love how he's mentored but he's not worth the $$$ he's getting

Resignings:

Deangelo Hall: Great corners don't come around often and he's a great one. Should become even better

Clabo: Proved he deserves a starting position

Chris Redman: His play when he got on the field gave him a chance to fight for the starting spot next year

Koenen: Good punter who we may want to lock up long term so we never have to worry about the position

Free Agency:

Bryant Johnson WR: Gets his chance as a #2

Draft:

Assuming we pick 3rd or 4th

Round 1: Darren McFadden. Built like Adrian Peterson but not as physical but is shiftier and has possibly greater speed to the outside

Round 2A: Kwentan Balmer DT UNC. May be a homer pick but this guy has just as good size as Dorsey or Ellis and has great explosion off the line. It may be too early i'm not sure where he's projected but i've seen him rated as the 3rd best DT.

Round 2B (from HOU): Anthony Collins OT Kansas. Done a great job protecting the blind side of the QB in Kansas which is what we need. Bad.

Round 3: Joe Flacco QB Delaware. Great developmental player, i know he's rising rapidly but i think he may slip this far. Let's face it we are in full rebuild mode and we can live with Redman at QB (IMO) for one year.

Round 3 (Compensation Kerney): Tavares Gooden MLB Miami. Joins Miamis ranks of great NFL LBs that they put out.

Round 4: Robert Felton OG Arkansas. Punishing run blocker but struggles versus quicker defensive tackles. We need a bigger inside push in the run game and he could be it.

Round 5: Josh Barrett SS Arizona State. Milloy's future replacement. 6-1 225 and runs a 4.5ish. Milloy has some left in the tank but this would be a great future replacement IMO.

Round 6: Art Camody K Louisville. Time to wrap up this kicking situation finally.

Round 7A: Brian Witherspoon CB Stillman. World class track athlete. Could take over KR/PR dutys so we could focus Norwood more on offense. His highest 40 is recorded in the 4.1s and lowest being 4.32

Round 7B: Franklin Dunbar Middle Tennessee State. Big man at 6'5 328 pounds could solidify a starting RT position in the future but is a big project but who in the 7th isn't?

Balmer is most likely going to be a late-first rounder, I have him rated on my big board at 24. I am not a McFadden fan, and the things that bother me most about taking a running back of his style that early are: 1. He has a very similar running style to Norwood, except that Norwood is faster, and 2. He does not fill enough of a need to justify that high of a pick. I base number two off of what Dimitroff has said recently.

I like the next three pick except that I would switch Gooden with Vince Hall. However, they are both athletic MLB's that we need if we are indeed opting for the Tampa Two.

Joshua Affonso (2/9/2008)
Balmer is most likely going to be a late-first rounder, I have him rated on my big board at 24. I am not a McFadden fan, and the things that bother me most about taking a running back of his style that early are: 1. He has a very similar running style to Norwood, except that Norwood is faster, and 2. He does not fill enough of a need to justify that high of a pick. I base number two off of what Dimitroff has said recently.

I like the next three pick except that I would switch Gooden with Vince Hall. However, they are both athletic MLB's that we need if we are indeed opting for the Tampa Two.

Many have Balmer rated a first rounder but DTs generally slip a little and Balmer just had a injury at the senior bowl.