people stealing money from the falcons

win2survive7

this is my list of people who should give back their paycheck.

1.Rick mckay

2.Michael Jenkins

3.Todd Weiner

4.Wayne Gandy

5.Jimmy Williams

6.Byron Leftwich(should been 3 but I just thought of him)

7.Adam Jennings

8.Lewis Sanders

9.Quinn Ojinnaka

10.Todd McClure

let me know if I'm wrong or left anyone out.

Jimmy Williams, Adam Jennings and Quinn Ojinnaka areall playing uinder their rookie contracts and earn minimum salary, so there is abslutely no financial benifit to cutting them. We'd may as well let them come to camp and fight for their roster spots.

If I was in the FO, I'd be looking at where this team is going to be in 3 years time, and would seriously consider releasing any players who are past their best and not going to be able to contribute 2-3 years down the line. I'd be inclined to release Gandy. I'd consider keeping Brooking and Horn for 1 year to tutor/mentor the young players, but ONLY if they takes a significant pay cut. I'm on the fence with Dunn. Part of methinks we should just cut him lose, but I'd possibly consider keeping him for 1 more year if he agreed to a significant pay cut.

I believe you have missed the 2 biggest frauds on the team.....Dunn and Brooking are the 2 biggest thiefs on the Falcons.

And blah blah blah "team leaders" blah blah blah"good in the community" if you are a real football fan there is no argument out there that they aren't robbing the organization blind.

Matt Kelly (2/9/2008)
I believe you have missed the 2 biggest frauds on the team.....Dunn and Brooking are the 2 biggest thiefs on the Falcons.

And blah blah blah "team leaders" blah blah blah"good in the community" if you are a real football fan there is no argument out there that they aren't robbing the organization blind.

I agree. They should be 1 and 1A.

win2survive7 (2/9/2008)

1.Rick mckay

2.Michael Jenkins

3.Todd Weiner

4.Wayne Gandy

5.Jimmy Williams

7.Adam Jennings

8.Lewis Sanders

9.Quinn Ojinnaka

10.Todd McClure

I'm all for keeping Jenkins and Williams based on youth and potential.

I think Brooking is playing out of place at MLB, and I'd like to see him retire as a Falcon, especially since he and Mort are the last two members of the Superbowl team. Dunn is a walking NFL Man of the Year and plays wit heart. But, that all being said, Keith Brooking has lost more than one step, the years at MLB have taken a toll, and he stays nicked up. Dunn, like Brooking has lost many steps and with his small size, the years have beeb rough on him.

I the team is goinmg to be made over, the Falcons are going to have to be like New England and make those hard moves, and that means Borooking and Dunn should be cut. Perhaps they could be offered to retire.

win2survive7 (2/9/2008)

1.Rick mckay

2.Michael Jenkins

3.Todd Weiner

4.Wayne Gandy

5.Jimmy Williams

7.Adam Jennings

8.Lewis Sanders

9.Quinn Ojinnaka

10.Todd McClure

NOT A BAD LIST. BUT THERE ARE MORE. LET ME KNOW IF YOU GET A ONE PENNY BACK:)

i dont really believe you know what talent means. Jimmy Williams has one of the best sizes and speed for a safety. also he plays really good he just hasnt have a chance to show it yet. and you just dont cut a second round pick like that. McClure is old but really good so keeping him for one or two years would be good.weiner is one of our best tacles if not the best. So keeping him for one more year may be a good move. Everybody else can hit the freacking door.About Dunn and Brooking im not going to talk about them for their character. And while at it cut briann fineran because that dude spends more time in the dl them in the field

Matt Kelly (2/9/2008)

they are both solid team leaders!!! with dunn being an asset to the community as a whole

HOWEVER, you must look at the fact that he is the 6th highest paid running back in the league????? that is not a value

brookin is in the top 5 at his position pay wise and that is not value

alge is top 3 paywise in his position and that is not value

i love all three guys but facts are facts....they are not as valuable as their pay indicates

we gotta cut or restructure pay and right now i am leaning towards the cutting ( not that i am TD or anything) just my opinion

Matt Kelly (2/9/2008)

My A**.

Team Leaders are one of the most important things on the field and can bring the entire team up. A good leader is not something you can account for in dollar form, you cannot teach a good leader, and there is no manual to it.

I think there are a few on the team that need to be cut, but calling them theifs and say they are "robbing" the organization is more or less uncalled for.

Concerning Alge. If you payed close attention to what was going on during the games you would see he was being extremely underused. Notice what happened towards the end of the year when Petrino stopped calling the plays, Alge tore things up.

ukfalc (2/9/2008)
If I was in the FO, I'd be looking at where this team is going to be in 3 years time, and would seriously consider releasing any players who are past their best and not going to be able to contribute 2-3 years down the line. I'd be inclined to release Gandy. I'd consider keeping Brooking and Horn for 1 year to tutor/mentor the young players, but ONLY if they takes a significant pay cut. I'm on the fence with Dunn. Part of methinks we should just cut him lose, but I'd possibly consider keeping him for 1 more year if he agreed to a significant pay cut.

A pay cut? Dude the roster spots are more valuable then they are. Every one of 'em.

Cut 'em all or offer them position coach or consultant jobs if the luv fest's that hot and heavy. :blink: :kiss: :pinch:

I seriously doubt it is. :P

Matt Kelly (2/9/2008)

Brooking blah blah blah learn what your talking about he lead the team in tackles blah blah. Just because he doesn't do good for you in madden you want him gone

I disagree. We have 53 roster spots, and even with 10 draft picks added that is more than enough. As we have enough roster spots to carry a few scrub UDFAs every year, the we have enough to carry Horn/Brooking/Dunn for the right price.

With Brooking, we will probably carry 5 or 6 LBs and we are not going to find 5 or 6 LBs better than Brooking even though he is clearly decline. Then question is, do we keep him for his knowledge/experience/leadership or give the roster spot to a younger (less talented)player with some potential for the future. At the right price I think that Brooking would be worth keeping, but that price is substantially less than he is due to make. I'd be looking for pay cut that would bring his cap hit down to the sort of money that Milloy is earning - at or less than $2m per season.

Horn is a difficult one because I strongly suspect that te guarnateed money in his contract makes him more expensive to cut than to keep. I strongly disagreed with his signing last year, but now that he's here we have to live with his contract. We will probbaly carry 5 WRs, and I'd have no problem carrying Horn as our 5th WR for his knowledge, experience and leadership.

Dunn is the one that I do have the biggest reservations about, as we are unlikey to carry more than 3HBs. Norwood clearly has 1 spot sewn up, and I expect us to draft another back in rounds 1-4. That would leave us a choice between Dunn or Snelling for the 3rd HB spot. I'd probably favour Snelling, although to be honest both are situational players and expendable.

eugene allington (2/10/2008)
How many chances can we give jenkins,jennings maybe

How about giving the PR and KR some decent blocking. Do that, then see what Jennings can do. Falcons ST is like the game show 1 vs. 100. Fix the special teams, the offense will look better because of field position.

ukfalc (2/10/2008)
I disagree. We have 53 roster spots, and even with 10 draft picks added that is more than enough.

As we have enough roster spots to carry a few scrub UDFAs every year, the we have enough to carry Horn/Brooking/Dunn for the right price.

Why on earth would you want to carry over priced dead weight any longer than we already have? :blink:

Haven't the Falcons franchise suffered enough at any price ?? :pinch: :crying:

win2survive7 (2/9/2008)

1.Rick mckay

2.Michael Jenkins

3.Todd Weiner

4.Wayne Gandy

5.Jimmy Williams

7.Adam Jennings

8.Lewis Sanders

9.Quinn Ojinnaka

10.Todd McClure

the guys name is rich mckay. and a lot of these people are still in their rookie contracts dude. if anyone should be cut though i think the first person should be michael jenkins.