Would you be mad

would you be mad if we drafted Brian Brohm with our 1st round pick?

he is the best QB in the draft, and is the one most likely to a become franchise QB

right now i would rate my top 5 for our 1st rounder....

1. Sedrick Ellis

2. Glen Dorsey

3. Jake Long

4. Brian Brohm

5. Chris Long

....with Brian Brohm rising on my list, im starting to feel that QB is our biggest need, next to OL, following DL, than RB

any thoughts?

Without trading down YES I would be

Now if we could trade down and get Brohm and say Stewart, or a good OL then NO

Maybe something like this

1. Brian Brohm

1. Chris Williams

2. Carl Nicks

2. Matt Forte

3. Red Bryant

With this we get our starting LT, RT, RB, NT, and in a year our starting QB

With Brohm you've seen about the best of his abilities. He's good enough to be a solid starter in the NFL, but he's not worth a top 5 pick. He's the 2nd best QB in this draft because he lacks the upside that Ryan has. Ryan has the potential to be a special QB in the league and will therefore be drafted ahead of Brohm, but it all depends on the coaching/situation that Ryan gets into to determine if he's going to be a bust or success. Brohm is a safer pick, but much less likely to become a great NFL QB.

Guest Libid21

I would be somewhat disappointed at Dimitroff that he reached for that quarterback. I can almost guarantee it though that if we do draft a quarterback with our first round, Top 5 draft pick, it is because we couldn't trade down any more, and we had to go with the biggest need and that's obviously at quarterback.

However, I don't believe we will be drafting a quarterback with that pick- especially if it's Brohm. I don't have anything against Brohm, but knowing Dimitroff and how he evaluated his players, I would seem to believe that he's more of a Matt Ryan believer than anything else.

Disappointed? Yes. End of the world? No.

grendel (2/9/2008)
Also, if we pick 4 or 5 and all of Chris Long, Glenn Dorsey, and Sedrick Ellis are gone, then I think it's a good value pick as well. Brohm will be better at QB than Jake Long will be at LT, and has none of the character concerns of McFadden.

You would take Brohm over Clady?

if i moved down to the 10-12 selection (still ahead of carolina and bears to be safe) then i would definately consider it. its remotely possible that clady could still be available, but if he is not then Brohm would be very high on my draft board and i would likely select him. with that move we would add another 2nd rounder so we could go:

1st- Brohm

2nd- Curtis Lofton, ILB, Oklahoma

2nd- Anthony Collins, OT, Kansas-

2nd- Red Bryant, DT, Texas A&M-

3rd- Trevor Laws, DT, Notre Dame-

3rd (COMP)- John Greco, OT, Toledo-

4th- Tashard Choice, RB, Georgia Tech-

5th- DaJuan Morgan, S, NC State-

6th- Lionel Dotson, DT/DE, Arizona-

7th- Chase Ortiz, DE, TCU-

7th- Josh Morgan, WR/KR, Virginia Tech

just a quick one i thought id post. not a bad one i suppose, but thats what could happen.

why does everybody feel Matt Ryan has more potential than Brian Brohm? if we have seen the best of Brohm's abilities and his college numbers in 2007 carry over exactly to the NFL he would have been 8th in the NFL in passing yards this season with 4024 and 5th in TD passes with 30, which is more than a solid starter in the NFL. I know his numbers wont carry over like that immediately, but if thats the best of his abilities i would take in a heartbeat with our 1st rounder.

i really dont see what is so special about Matt Ryan, he threw for 483 more yards than Brohm and 1 more TD pass this season, but threw 181 more passes. Ryan threw the ball 654 time in 2007, which makes me wonder if his team ran the ball

atlfalcons32 (2/9/2008)
why does everybody feel Matt Ryan has more potential than Brian Brohm? if we have seen the best of Brohm's abilities and his college numbers in 2007 carry over exactly to the NFL he would have been 8th in the NFL in passing yards this season with 4024 and 5th in TD passes with 30, which is more than a solid starter in the NFL. I know his numbers wont carry over like that immediately, but if thats the best of his abilities i would take in a heartbeat with our 1st rounder.

i really dont see what is so special about Matt Ryan, he threw for 483 more yards than Brohm and 1 more TD pass this season, but threw 181 more passes. Ryan threw the ball 654 time in 2007, which makes me wonder if his team ran the ball

Well I definetly agree with your stance on the two QBs. However, the carry over of Brohm's stats to the NFL game is irrelevant. As far as more "potential," I agree it's ridiculous. I'll take the QB that has been consistently good throughout his career, over the QB with the more "up-side," any day of the week.