Can Jamaal Anderson Play DT?

statz

UGA_DAWG46 (2/8/2008)
I already post this idea.

We can move him to DT and see if he will work there. He can be the John Henderson or Marcus Stroud of coach Smith defense. He is pretty good at run defense. But that will leave DE as one of our need. Who will replace him at DE?

Ummm, Chris Long. :hehe:

In my honest opinion, no. He didn't seem to have the strength to play DE, I have no idea how he's going to take on some massive guard. It will make the LB's job much more difficult since they'll have to take on more blockers on their own. I think he needs to focus on playing DE before he starts switching positions again.

I heard Pat Kirwin say that Chris Long dropped on his prospect list after he reviewed film on Howie's son. PK mentioned that C Long was handled easily by the better college OT's.

I have a feeling that C Long will drop a little bit before all is said and done. I don't think that we should draft him because I still have faith in Jamal Anderson's development. I'd feel better drafting Jake Long or Sedrick Ellis, or Glenn Dorsey.

UGA_DAWG46 (2/8/2008)
bgarcia28 (2/8/2008)
I don't think that we should draft him because I still have faith in Jamal Anderson's development. I'd feel better drafting Jake Long or Sedrick Ellis, or Glenn Dorsey.

Agree. But never hurt to try. Maybe after this year if he doesnt develop into a good DE.

That makes far more sense than just throwing him out there and also getting another DE that early makes no sense unless you're looking for him to plat DT.