RB

outlaw87

I don't think Dallas are going for McFadden, but my friend who is a massive Cowboys fan is convinced they will land an Arkansas running back - Felix Jones, who will complement Marion Barber III nicely.

It seems Jeff Ireland is the one who is keeping the Dallas trading rumours alive, because he has a #1 pick and wants to swap it for 2 first rounders. Also, Jerry Jones has said Barber is going nowhere.

I think we should give Norwood the RB job this year and concentrate our efforts in other positions. If Norwood doesn't prove himself, then we bring someone in but we have a more solid structure for them to succeed.

the problem with just "giving" Norwood the job - is that he has so many holes in his game. He cannot run up the gut, cannot get short yardage or goal-line TD's and he cannot pass block.

Norwood is a "complimentary" running back......granted, he's never been featured - but he has not shown the ability to be featured either.

Jerious Norwood is a "two-back system" kind of back - he will never be a 20+ carry a game type of guy.......

.....sorry, but deep down in places you don't talk about, you know I'm right!;)

bigdawgintn (2/8/2008)
You know people said the same thing about Dunn, too small can't run up the middle, but look at what he has done in his career. Give norwood a line that can block and he will succeed.

BIG, THEY DID SAY THAT ABOUT DUNN. I EVEN SAID IT ABOUT HIM. BUT THE GUY FOOLED ME. HE TOOK THAT POUNDING INSIDE AND STILL HAD OUTSIDE SPEED. NORWOOD COULD FOOL ME TOO. THEY JUST HAVEN'T GIVEN HIM THE BALL ENOUGH FOR YOU TO REALLY SEE ANYTHING. I WANT HIM TO DO WELL. TIME WILL TELL.:)

If they the GM looks at things he will trade up to the Bears, Bucs, 49ers, and draft Rashard Mendenhall from Illinois...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0AWFtV1KDk

"For the second-straight season, the Illinois offense led the Big Ten in rushing thanks to Mendenhall's strong running and an improved offensive line and. The offense also posted the most rushing yards in the school's history, topping the 3,000 mark for the first time and breaking the Illinois record for total offense yards. Mendenhall set six single-season school records rushing yards (1,681), rushing touchdowns (17), total touchdowns (19), 100-yard games (8), all-purpose yards (1,999) and scoring (114). Most impressively, however, was Mendenhall's breaking of the Illinois mark for career yards per rush at an incredible 6.4 ypc rate.

Mendenhall's Honors in 2007

"* Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year (by coaches)

"* Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year (by media)

"* Chicago Tribune Silver Football Award winner

"* Third-Team All-America (by Rivals.com)

"* Fourth-team All-America (by Phil Steele)

"* First-team All-Big Ten (by coaches)

"* First-team All-Big Ten (by media)

"* Doak Walker Award Semifinalist

"* Maxwell Award Semifinalist

"* First-team All-Big Ten (by Rivals.com)

"* ESPN Helmet Sticker (9/22)

"* Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week (9/24)

"* ESPN Helmet Sticker (10/6)

"* Master Coaches Game Ball (10/6)