big and physical draft for consideration

Matthew Pritts (2/8/2008)
Ethanga62890 (2/8/2008)
I don't understand the Josh Johnson love at all.
43 TDs 1 INT in a pro style offense. He needs to add weight and is not my favorite at QB but i understand the love.
I'm not sold. He played in D-II. Competition wasn't the best.

Consider me not buying the hype.

Well, I too am concerned about the competition he played; however, he did exactly what you want someone like that to do, completely dominate.

Ethanga62890 (2/8/2008)
43 TDs 1 INT in a pro style offense. He needs to add weight and is not my favorite at QB but i understand the love.
I'm not sold. He played in D-II. Competition wasn't the best.

Consider me not buying the hype.

43 TDs vs. 1 INT is not hype. It's on-field performance of a mythic level. Question the competition if you want but anyone who puts up those sorts of numbers deserves consideration. I don't care if it's a church league.

While I, too, don't buy into the hype at all, I would like to bring up a point about this mock draft that is regardless of Josh Johnson's questionable performance: can we afford to wait until the 3rd round to select a QB? What if Johnson isn't there? Then we are completely SOL. If we don't make it out of the 2nd round with a QB, we had better have some sort of plan, and that plan had better not be keeping your fingers crossed for a D-II player.

L.Rover (2/8/2008)
While I, too, don't buy into the hype at all, I would like to bring up a point about this mock draft that is regardless of Josh Johnson's questionable performance: can we afford to wait until the 3rd round to select a QB? What if Johnson isn't there? Then we are completely SOL. If we don't make it out of the 2nd round with a QB, we had better have some sort of plan, and that plan had better not be keeping your fingers crossed for a D-II player.

I too am concerned about this. I've seen several mocks where people have us waiting until the 3-5th round range to address the QB position. I just can't see us doing that. I would really be shocked if we didn't have a QB heading into the 3rd round.

If you had seen the Shrine game you;d undersatnd. If we don't take a QB in the first 3 rounds then I'd love to get JJ with our top 4th round pick , he'll be there I think , Or ifwe end up with a 3rd round comp pick for PK , that would be another good pick for him , The dude is good I have to admit . He is very unusual player, can run when he needs to and has great touch on the ball with great accuratcy.