Redman may play in the AFL?!

Pa_Falcon_Fan

This article is from December but I hadn't seen anything about it before. I wonder if Redman is going to show up and play in the AFL? I kinda hope not, cuz out of all the QBs on our roster right now he looked the best. I'd hate for him to risk getting hurt to play in the AFL.

Will Redman report to Arena team?

December 10, 2007 9:01 PM

In an interesting twist, Falcons quarterback Chris Redman is under contract with the Philadelphia Soul, who just happen to be owned by Ron Jaworski.

Redman originally signed with Austin, but when the team folded he was taken by the Soul in a dispersal draft. He stands to make $28,000 if he shows up in March, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Jaws said he would leave it up to Redman whether or not to report.

pa_falcon_fan (2/8/2008)
This article is from December but I hadn't seen anything about it before. I wonder if Redman is going to show up and play in the AFL? I kinda hope not, cuz out of all the QBs on our roster right now he looked the best. I'd hate for him to risk getting hurt to play in the AFL.

Will Redman report to Arena team?

December 10, 2007 9:01 PM

In an interesting twist, Falcons quarterback Chris Redman is under contract with the Philadelphia Soul, who just happen to be owned by Ron Jaworski.

Redman originally signed with Austin, but when the team folded he was taken by the Soul in a dispersal draft. He stands to make $28,000 if he shows up in March, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Jaws said he would leave it up to Redman whether or not to report.

I don't remember seeing this report. However, I do believe there's a clause in most -- if not all -- AFL contracts that allows a departure to the NFL.