He does, but he's likely to want too much money for a situational pass-rushing linebacker. I think we've seen that he's not the best when it comes to execution and he's terrible at getting off blocks (probably because he's so small).

If he's willing to accept a situational role with a contract appropriate to that role, I say hang on to him. If he's not (and I'd bet he won't), I think we should let him walk. He'll end up in Denver, probably; they love the smaller linebackers. Possibly Indianapolis, too.

Honestly, I always wondered what it was about him that kept him from being worked in at strong safety. I know that Mora's staff never entertained the idea, but I never saw anything about why they felt that way. I can only assume that he doesn't have the hips for pass coverage, but he seemed to cover tight ends fairly well and as a run-support type of strong safety, he wouldn't be expected to cover the deep zone quite as much.

Oh well. Nicholas looked good at WIL, so I think we'll either go with him or draft/sign a MLB and move Brooking back to WIL for a year.

Direwolf

formul8or (2/8/2008)
2005 Season Stats:

128 tackles

3 sacks

1 force fumble

2 interceptions

If we do indeed go into this season with a lot of blitzing on defense I think D-Mo has very good speed for it.

2006 ATL 16gp 93tackles 59solo 34ast 3pd 1sack 2FF 1int

2007 ATL 16gp 78tackles 63solo 15ast 2pd 0sack 0FF 2int

those stats dont exactly scream "Sign me I'm Consistent"

Nicholas is going to have his time next year

I agree on the consistancy, but just last April he tore his peck which put him out for 5 months, so a lot of strength was lost by the season start and that could have made a drastic impact on his stats.

formul8or (2/8/2008)

I agree on the consistancy, but just last April he tore his peck which put him out for 5 months, so a lot of strength was lost by the season start and that could have made a drastic impact on his stats.

Didn't Kerney have the same type of injury? Different positions, different teams, longer recovery time - I know, but the way he came back from that injury is nothing short of amazing. I like DMo, but don't really have a strong opinion one way or the other on this one. Just don't overpay him to sit on the bench, or play where he's not going to execute. They're already doing that w/Mughelli, so they don't need to start a trend here.

formul8or (2/8/2008)

I REALLY THINK THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS GUY. I THINK HE'LL BE BACK 100% AND YOU'LL SEE THE REAL D-MO.:)

We need to resign him and worry about the other lb position cough mlb cough, than D-Mo. He came back from a torn pectoral to play in all 16 games after he was slated to miss the first few, nobody going to have pro bowl stats. We need to get stability at the position,

He should have been let go two years ago I have always said he didn't play well at LB he can't cover a dead person much less a WR and his technique sucks. He doesn't form tackle he doesn't tackle hard enough to bring people down. I honestly see nothing but an overrated showboater with back-up LB potential at best.

direwolf (2/8/2008)
He does, but he's likely to want too much money for a situational pass-rushing linebacker. I think we've seen that he's not the best when it comes to execution and he's terrible at getting off blocks (probably because he's so small).

If he's willing to accept a situational role with a contract appropriate to that role, I say hang on to him. If he's not (and I'd bet he won't), I think we should let him walk. He'll end up in Denver, probably; they love the smaller linebackers. Possibly Indianapolis, too.

Honestly, I always wondered what it was about him that kept him from being worked in at strong safety. I know that Mora's staff never entertained the idea, but I never saw anything about why they felt that way. I can only assume that he doesn't have the hips for pass coverage, but he seemed to cover tight ends fairly well and as a run-support type of strong safety, he wouldn't be expected to cover the deep zone quite as much.

Oh well. Nicholas looked good at WIL, so I think we'll either go with him or draft/sign a MLB and move Brooking back to WIL for a year.

Direwolf

honestly I have felt the same way I always felt he was to small for LB but wondered why he was never moved there to SS must have been a reason so I guess he will just have to find a better suited scheme than ours

Yes sir we should keep him. He is a player and a playmaker. And all you boys talking about him overunning plays and getting blown out, I can show you plenty of footage of Brooking and Boley doing the same thing. Got some on Urlacher and Lewis too.

The year Mora started Demo at SLB he had more tackles within 5 yards than Brooking and Boley. Check the play by plays from that year. They're still up there.

I'm not saying he's the best LB in the league but he is at least our second best LB. And the guy that said Nicholas was a player. When? I went to 10 games and watch the rest and I didn't see it. You got some footage, stats, play by plays or something? Maybe I missed this.