Make Anige a Falcon

nobkowski

nobkowski (2/8/2008)
Anige would make a very good pick in the early second round. Looked really good in the senior bowl in the two min. drill to bring back the south for the win.

I love quarterbacks who throw stupid interceptions in the biggest game of their life.

This is not a flame against the poster, just a lack of faith in Ainge.

"No" to Ainge.

He has no arm at all. All of his passes, even his short passes, look like wounded ducks. He throws INT's and makes bad decisions when he's hurried and or pressured, see the UK and SECCG for that. And he doesn't have it between the ears IMO.

And you can't tell nothing by the 2-minute drill. Ainge was only throwing dinks and screens. If you guys want a QB, we need to draft Henne. Not Ainge. Ainge does not fit what Mularkey wants to do at all. Ainge is not a vertical passer nor does he have the arm for it. Henne does.

nobkowski (2/8/2008)
Anige would make a very good pick in the early second round. Looked really good in the senior bowl in the two min. drill to bring back the south for the win.

If he is so solid, how come you, you could not spell his name correctly twice lol, and **** no he has a noodle arm.

Matthew Pritts (2/8/2008)
"No" to Ainge.

He has no arm at all. All of his passes, even his short passes, look like wounded ducks. He throws INT's and makes bad decisions when he's hurried and or pressured, see the UK and SECCG for that. And he doesn't have it between the ears IMO.

And you can't tell nothing by the 2-minute drill. Ainge was only throwing dinks and screens. If you guys want a QB, we need to draft Henne. Not Ainge. Ainge does not fit what Mularkey wants to do at all. Ainge is not a vertical passer nor does he have the arm for it. Henne does.

With respect.There is where you are wrong. He had plenty of arm strength when throwing to Meachem (sp?) a year ago. This year he did not have any WRs that could stretch the field.

As for the INT in the SEC championship game I agree it was a bad throw, but defenses knew that TN did not have a any WR that could stretch the field. So they played for the short out pass.

You can not say he is dumb either. He was coached by Cutcliff. The same coach that coached the Mannings. I would like a QB cut from that cloth any day. In fact Ainge broke a few records of Peyton's.

For the record Peyton nor Eli won the college championship, but both have won the SB. Isn't that the prize that we all covent for the Falcons?

BayouFalFan (2/8/2008)
"No" to Ainge.

With respect.There is where you are wrong. He had plenty of arm strength when throwing to Meachem (sp?) a year ago. This year he did not have any WRs that could stretch the field.

As for the INT in the SEC championship game I agree it was a bad throw, but defenses knew that TN did not have a any WR that could stretch the field. So they played for the short out pass.

You can not say he is dumb either. He was coached by Cutcliff. The same coach that coached the Mannings. I would like a QB cut from that cloth any day. In fact Ainge broke a few records of Peyton's.

For the record Peyton nor Eli won the college championship, but both have won the SB. Isn't that the prize that we all covent for the Falcons?

WE'll agree to disagree.

AInge will be lucky to be a 3rd stringer in the NFL, IMO.

PLus, he doesn't fit the vertical offense that Mularkey wants to run. Henne does, **** even Brohm and Flacco fit better then Ainge.

Check my post from month or two ago when this came up:After watching him for four years at UT

Top Reasons why he Stinks:

1. Hates to be hit (yeah i know who does?)

2. Causes him to hurry under pressure and sling passes to the parking lot or hot dog vendor

which ever is closer

3. You can actually see him think under pressure and that ain't pretty

4. In general: Fuh getta boutit

john7111111 (2/8/2008)
Check my post from month or two ago when this came up:After watching him for four years at UT

Top Reasons why he Stinks:

1. Hates to be hit (yeah i know who does?)

2. Causes him to hurry under pressure and sling passes to the parking lot or hot dog vendor

which ever is closer

3. You can actually see him think under pressure and that ain't pretty

4. In general: Fuh getta boutit

Top reasons why he doesn't

1. What Qb says before a game, "I hope I get hit 10+ times" They all want to stay upright. But most importantly he played this year with a broken finger on his throwing hand. Have you ever had a broken finger with pins in it. I have and I don't see how he threw at all.

2. Both Mannings have those happy feet. Ainge does too. I guess that is a Cutcliff coaches that. More importantly Cutcliff said that Ainge was better than most of the starting QBs in the NFL.

3. If we get someone like Henne then that would be ok. But Ainge is better. Seen better defenses in SEC. Tougher schedule. Every game in the SEC is like a playoff game. You are playing for chance to play in SEC championship in week 1 through season.

4. If he is there take him. There will be a good chance he will be there in the 3rd round. Miami, Bears, needs a QB. Let them fight over Ryan and Brohm.

I don't even post about maybe getting Ainge in the 3rd anymore. I got ##### on so many times by the Brohm/Ryan/Brennan huggers, I was exhausted from arguing my point. It would not be a waste of a pick IMO. I think he could be groomed and play pretty well. And don't even bring up the INT stat..... all three of the above started throwing them consistently this year. And he doesn't like to get hit???:w00t: What QB does?

bigduke633 (2/8/2008)
Beau J (2/8/2008)
bigduke633 (2/8/2008)
Brohm had 30 tds and 12 ints in 2007.Hardly a bad int year.

Never said he was a bad pick. But in the 1st? I'm sure he'll fix all the Falcons woes.

You say that like someone could.Why even pick?We are doomed right?Brohm is a top 5 guy.

I know this year it won't. That's why I say F picking the QB in the 1st. And yes Brohm will go top 10.

BayouFalFan (2/8/2008)
"No" to Ainge.

I agree too, Ainge had crap receivers this year, last year, He was throwing deep the year before. I bet he does well in the combine. I would like us to get ainge. Cutcliffe teahing him you could tell he got better. ;) Also the falcons WERE talking to him at the seinor bowl. But as we see here, alot of people will crap on him because he was on Tennessee. When their out of college football who cares when their in the NFL, All that it matters is IF THEY CAN PLAY. ;)

ki45toryu (2/8/2008)
I cant say I follow college football as close as many people on this board, but I have seen Ainge play plenty of times in the SEC....and I dont want him on my team. He has never been a QB that has gained my respect.

Vols fans do not want him here(JDU and Jidady), and i repect their opinion or than any other vol fan. if a fan of the team does not want the player, then thats a HUGE red flag.

GEORGIAfan (2/8/2008)

Vols fans do not want him here(JDU and Jidady), and i repect their opinion or than any other vol fan. if a fan of the team does not want the player, then thats a HUGE red flag.

THE VOLS? I'M A HOMER, I DON'T LISTEN TO VOLS FANS ........ KID YOU OUGHT TO KNOW THAT!:D