FALCONS FIRST 3 PICKS MOCK DRAFT

Jeffrey Olney

Petrino is NOT my hero (2/7/2008)
no to McFadden dunno how many times i have to say this

Is Long blocking a hawkeye wide out in your sig? Thats an odd looking picture. You should find a better picture of Long working against someone his own size. Long looks like he wieghs 200 lbs more than the other guy.

Petrino is NOT my hero (2/7/2008)
no to McFadden dunno how many times i have to say this

Doesn't matter how many times you say it, you nor anyone else on this board has a determining factor...

Besides, the fact still remains that any of the top 5 prospects, excluding C. Long, fills a position that this team is lacking talent in, even M. Ryan...

If you want to cheerlead for J. Long, fine, but denouncing a player of McFadden's caliber on a team with a void at RB is stupid...

I'll give it B. Those fist two picks are solid. I'd give 1) Ellis, 2) Baker, 3) MLB/S/OT/OG and then QB in the 3rd an A+.

I would rather have Henne or JDB over Woodson, but Woodson would be an immediate upgrade over anyone who started for us this year. DJ is still too much of an unknown to rely upon, and probably shouldn't be higher than #2 on our depth chart when the season starts if he shows he has totally recovered and can pick up the new offense. I think we can get our future starter though in the 3rd, 4th and possibly 5th round though. As it stands, there's not much difficulty in upgrading at our QB position.

celtik

I gave it a C. Not a fan of any of those picks as my 1st choices. I would go with

1st - Dorsey or Ellis - Prefer Ellis but Dorsey is good enough that i don't care which.

2A - Cherilus, Williams, or Nicks - Better in the Power game than Baker who is a ZBS OT.

2B - Mayo or Loftin or trade for Vilma - All 3 are great players at a needed position.

3A - Flacco, Henne, or Johnson - Which ever Falls to us all 3 are solid Choices in the 3rd.

If i had to choose 1 from each it would be.

1st - Ellis

2A - Williams

2B - Mayo

3A - Henne

Johnnybuc (2/8/2008)
Baker won't be there for your second pick nor Woodsen for your third.

Thats a good thing ;) Neither are really good picks for us. Baker would be a great pick for the Panthers though since they are ZBS. I have seen enough of that throwing motion in Lefty to know i don't want Woodson in the 1st 3 rounds. Unless you have a great o-line they won't be very effective.

michael d. skelton (2/8/2008)
If we get Mcfadden, who is goimg to block for him, he'll get killed and be done after ayear or two. If we are going to become a more physical team, like coach Smith says he wants to, then we need to improve the o-line and D-line .

um maybe we could pick up a lineman or two in FA. they could be quick fixes and we could take lineman with our 1st in the 09 draft, OR, we could draft a couple of lineman with some of our 2nds and 3rds. does that answer your question?