What signees learned about recruiting.

SacFalcFan

What area recruits learned about the colleges when they were on their recruiting trips:

" Matt Roark of North Cobb, who has committed to Kentucky: The facility at Oregon blew my mind, specifically the training room. Everything is new. First of all, it s not even regular new. It s future new like nobody else has. In these training rooms they have underwater treadmills with platforms that raise out of the water. They have big plasma televisions so you can see your feet underwater. Or you can change the channel and put it on TV.

" A.J. Harmon of Jefferson County, who committed to Georgia: I d say they need to offer more scholarships. I m sure right about now everybody in the world wants to be a Georgia Bulldog.

" Kyle Madden of Harrison, who committed to Central Florida: Central Florida has a lot of weight rooms. They ve definitely put some money into those things. That s the thing that really hit me there. Everything is all personalized. I d never seen that before. It s an 11,000 square foot weight room with an indoor practice facility. It s pretty top notch.

" Ben Kopacka of Blessed Trinity, who committed to Air Force: The weight room [at Air Force] is amazing. I had been to Purdue and Central Florida and they both had new weight rooms. They have something like 40 squat racks in a row. And they have a great weightlifting staff. And they will possibly be future construction on an indoor practice facility in the next few years. Instead of bringing in 100 kids like they used to do at Air Force, now they bring in 30. And they re going out and getting a harder schedule. They re opening against teams like LSU and Oklahoma State and the year after that Tennessee. And they re looking to do a deal with Texas. To be able to go out and do something like that is awesome.

" Omoregie Uzzi of Chamblee, who has committed to Georgia Tech: I think a lot more of the students should be educated about what they re getting into. I don t know whose fault that is. Educated as far as the process and how time consuming recruiting is.

" Banneker s Darrell Simmons, who has committed to South Carolina: I would say meeting coach [steve] Spurrier, especially when it was just me and him. He s not an intimidating guy. When I had the chance to sit down with coach Spurrier it was the old coach ball coach and regular old Darrell.

" Griffin s Toby Jackson, who has committed to Georgia: I would say my California trip [to USC]. You re hanging out with players on the team and you never know who you ll run around to in town because you re in the middle of Los Angeles. It was my first time being out there. It was fun seeing Hollywood.

I d say they need to offer more scholarships. I m sure right about now everybody in the world wants to be a Georgia Bulldog.

Thats great stuff to hear especially when not long ago I was wondering what direction UGA football was going after Donnan got fired. Amazing where Richt is taking us. I trully feel like were destined for a NC within the next 5 years.

Andrew (2/8/2008)
I d say they need to offer more scholarships. I m sure right about now everybody in the world wants to be a Georgia Bulldog.

Thats great stuff to hear especially when not long ago I was wondering what direction UGA football was going after Donnan got fired. Amazing where Richt is taking us. I trully feel like were destined for a NC within the next 5 years.

When you have 4 star guys and 5 star guys where you have no room for who want to come you have a program that is just rolling on. This is an awesome situation.