What's The Deal With Demorrio Williams?

3rd and short

you know when I think about...thats a great question....anyone care to answer. first year we wanted him to start his 2nd year. then he does and everyone wanted him benched because they say he was too small. it probably is that his price doesn't fit the production. maybe if they can find some middle ground, but who knows where they are in contract negotiations

I was a Dmo bandwagoner but I have had to just except it will not be he is to small for LB and can not shed blocks but does not have the hips to play SS which is what his size is better for. he is just to much of a tweener/rover type player for this team I think. but then again it would be great to see him in the old Thomas Davis role from the old UGA days...................sorrry was day dreaming again

• 2 weeks later...
chris30277 (2/18/2008)
He doesn't fit the new scheme. He is undersized and he is terrible at taking on a pulling offensive linemen. Just look back at the NY games from the past two years. He was picked on all day long.

Well, I'll say that he doesn't have the heart. A lot of guys are undersized and make it work. Doesn't have the hips? As a defensive player myself I have to say that he doesn't have the drive to get better. Smooth hips are developed, mostly born, but also developed. He didn't want to though. Now he's going to be a career STer or worse. Some teams may use him in LB Nickel situations, but I don't see those often anymore.

chris30277 (2/18/2008)
He doesn't fit the new scheme. He is undersized and he is terrible at taking on a pulling offensive linemen. Just look back at the NY games from the past two years. He was picked on all day long.

Yep and no matter how good a DL is,That LB has got to be able to shed some blocks and make plays. His first couple of years He played pretty Good but his play dropped off significantly.

putnam6 (2/21/2008)
chris30277 (2/18/2008)

Yep and no matter how good a DL is,That LB has got to be able to shed some blocks and make plays. His first couple of years He played pretty Good but his play dropped off significantly.

you know you're describing our defense since d.mo was drafted too...