LOL...talk about trend setting....

Atowndown

Bobby Petrino leaves us to be one of the highest paid college coaches...oh well big deal....

but now....

Parcells uses us to get a richer deal in Miami......Jason Garrett follows suit using ATL and BAL to gain a richer deal in Dallas with a HC job insurance policy...and NOW......Steve Spags....uses Washington for 3 days.....to gain the richest Coord contract in the NFL....this is becoming a bit ridiculous...and i motion that the NFL discipline such gouging and shady actions.....thats all this was were 3 peoples greed.......so glad we dont have EITHER.

Of the three, I think Spags probably had the least ill intent on the teams looking for HC gigs. I mean he shot down interviews earlier in the post season, and probably doesn't leave NY even if he doesn't get more money.

Paying him that much is still a bit risky being he only completely one season at DC. Hard to argue with the results though. The giants do have some good defensive players, but the defense he brought to that team really emphasized the Giants strengths. The aggressive style and blitz packages seemed to work pretty well too.

I don't recall seeing Tom Brady ever get hit and pressured as much as he was in the SB.

Now Parcels, yeah he was looking for more money. And Garrett knew all along he wasn't going anywhere for the simple reason that he will be the coach in Dallas in the next year or two. Those two could use a little bashing.

i agree that we should be glad we dont have any of those people on our staff, but you cant blame a man for tryin to get all he can get. would you have respect someone who didnt do what he had to do to get his money? he didnt hurt anyone we still got who we wanted and the best fit for us. do you walk into a job interview and not try and get the most money you can?

paul_k (2/7/2008)
ShaunnBigDin08 (2/7/2008)
i motion that the NFL discipline such gouging and shady actions.....thats all this was were 3 peoples greed.......so glad we dont have EITHER.

Quit your whining. It happens in the real world too.

Not whining hence the lol to start the post....so stfu, i just found it ironic how everyone followed suit to parcells......

paul_k (2/7/2008)
i motion that the NFL discipline such gouging and shady actions.....thats all this was were 3 peoples greed.......so glad we dont have EITHER.

Quit your whining. It happens in the real world too.

Not whining hence the lol to start the post....so stfu, i just found it ironic how everyone followed suit to parcells......

It may have started out with a lol, but turned into a whiny rant by the end. So kiss my a**

Bobby Petrino leaves us to be one of the highest paid college coaches...oh well big deal....

but now....

Parcells uses us to get a richer deal in Miami......Jason Garrett follows suit using ATL and BAL to gain a richer deal in Dallas with a HC job insurance policy...and NOW......Steve Spags....uses Washington for 3 days.....to gain the richest Coord contract in the NFL....this is becoming a bit ridiculous...and i motion that the NFL discipline such gouging and shady actions.....thats all this was were 3 peoples greed.......so glad we dont have EITHER.

spags may get a shot at coaching ny after coughlin leaves

I felt like when the Spag talk died in Atlanta there must be a reason.

At least is wasn't the Falcons left standing at the alter....AGAIN!

The new GM comes off looking good for not waiting Spags out. Any safe harbor in storm. I'll take it as the first sign of positive change. A little "feel good" story if you will.

but now....

these are the stats we should be more concerned with 30 losing seasons out of 41 with 8 winning seasons and 3 draw seasons. that equates to 1 winning season out of every 5 seasons, and since this ownership has taken over we have had 4 new coaches in 6 years, actually 6 new coaches if you include phillips and thomas. 2002(9-6-1) 2003(5-11) 2004(11-5)2005(8-8) 2006(7-9)2007(4-12) and the basement and a few steps away now with these stats there is no reason towonder about those other stats:w00t::w00t:

but now....

They get the contracts now they have to produce if they don't, their time in the NFL won't be long, that's discipline enough.

IF you look at our staff closely, we have a ton of experience all over the place. the least being the DC, who will be helped by the head coach.

mularky has been an OC and a HC

bill musgrave has been an OC(in jacksonville when leftwich was a rookie)

emmit thomas well we all know 41 years in the NFL...rings as a HOF player and coach

robiskie WR coach has been OC and interim HC

we don't need some guy running on the coat tails of talented players...bottom line sprags has a GREAT front 4 with a starter in TUCK coming off the bench waiting for strahan to retire. He is good but talent wins.