HOTWIRE?

octoslash

Used it for the first on my last trip to Colorado.

It's fine if you don't mind going through Birmingham and then Memphis and Minneapolis.

I got a room in a 4 star hotel in the Denver area. It was 40% cheaper than if I had booked directly.

I might try them again sometime.

Atlsport (2/7/2008)
Used it for the first on my last trip to Colorado.

It's fine if you don't mind going through Birmingham and then Memphis and Minneapolis.

I got a room in a 4 star hotel in the Denver area. It was 40% cheaper than if I had booked directly.

I might try them again sometime.

Thanks. I really hate not knowing the hotel and having no cancellation options, but the prices sure are tempting.

octoslash (2/7/2008)

Thanks. I really hate not knowing the hotel and having no cancellation options, but the prices sure are tempting.

Octo, I've used Expedia...it was still a nice discount and you choose the hotel (roughly 40% less than the resort's web promotion, and about 30% less than the travel agent's price).

etifan (2/7/2008)
octoslash (2/7/2008)

Octo, I've used Expedia...it was still a nice discount and you choose the hotel (roughly 40% less than the resort's web promotion, and about 30% less than the travel agent's price).

Yeah, I've used them a few times. That's a very good service.

octoslash (2/7/2008)
Have you ever booked a hotel on HOTWIRE?

If so, was it worth it?

Would you use HOTWIRE again?

I have used it for hotels 20 or 30 times. I even got a refund plus extra money when I found the same Hotel for less one time. Not a few bucks but several hundred! You have to research the area designated in the zones and be carefull about when to use since you prepay and cannot cancel the reservation. DO NOT USE THEM FOR AIRFARE! They had me connecting in Newark with a 5 hour layover to go to St. Louis from Atlanta. I ended up eating the ticket.