Joe Flacco

ugadawg (2/7/2008)
I worry about a guy that is being taught 3 and 5 step drop backs at the senior bowl and worked out of the shotgun in college he has the size but does he have the NFL skill ?

Reports said he adapted to what they were teaching there better than any of the quarterbacks. After a year of working on 3 and 5 step drop backs under center in the NFL, I'm sure he'll be able to grasp the concept.

I want Flacco more than any other QB in this draft. I think he's gonna be a big star someday, so hopefully it's here.

ugadawg (2/7/2008)
I worry about a guy that is being taught 3 and 5 step drop backs at the senior bowl and worked out of the shotgun in college he has the size but does he have the NFL skill ?

And that is a bigger deal than most people realize. When you are in shotgun, the QB never takes his eyes off the defense. He sees what they are doing from the time the ball is snapped.

That is HUGELY different than running play action and taking 3-5 step drops where you can't look downfield the whole time. It is a HUGE adjustment. One he may or may not be able to make.

I know that's what i saw when he won the events and there is really nothing wrong with being taught heck if you think about there are Nfl qb's i see who need to be taught dropbacks over again but we could work on him i believe he will be a solid qb in a year or two he'll probably have a hard rookie year but i think hes got it in him

vicktimized~2136 (2/7/2008)
ugadawg (2/7/2008)

Reports said he adapted to what they were teaching there better than any of the quarterbacks. After a year of working on 3 and 5 step drop backs under center in the NFL, I'm sure he'll be able to grasp the concept.

I want Flacco more than any other QB in this draft. I think he's gonna be a big star someday, so hopefully it's here.

and you may be right but I hope you understand my concern if TD the "QB snob" see's something in him than who am I to say, but I think it is something he will have a very hard time learning to do reading a D while dropping back. Not many have been able to do it. another one of those system things spread O/shotgun QB's just do not traslate well to the NFL most of the time

FalconFanatic1693 (2/7/2008)
Personally I think that D.J. Shockley and Joe Flacco should battle it out in Preseason for the QB job. Joe Flacco is the quarter back who played at Delaware for those of you who don't know. He won a couple events in the College all Star challenge things. He won the Distance throw: 70 yards and the Mobility challenge

hahaha we havent even drafted the guy yet! hopefully we dont, i believe there are much better qbs in this draft then flacco, after all he looked horrible in the senior bowl same goes for booty and henne.. well henne i thought he always looked horrible and i have been watchin him since his first start.. but we do need a line b4 we think about taking a qb, look how bad brady did in the superbowl when his line didnt want to show up that night.. yes a line is the determining factor between a great team and a mediocre team not to mention they can also give us a great running game like the vikings line does..

hopefully in the 1st we take the best player that falls to us (wont be a qb) then finally in the 3rd (hopefully someone will take the overrated flacco in the 2nd) we will draft a qb