D.j. Shockley

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FalconFanatic1693 (2/7/2008)
Does anybody think that D.J. Shockley could be our qb

Possibly -- if he improves dramatically.

I went into last off season his biggest fan and believed he would eventually replace Vick since he seemed smarter and much more accurate -- but with less speed.

Then I began attending training camp and my hopes bottomed out.

It appeared to me he has added too much muscle and no longer seems as fluid and graceful as he was at UGA. ---- This also seemed to effect his accuracy in a big way.

On simple roll outs I watched passes hit the ground 3 yards in front of the receivers or sail 4 feet over their heads? --- On 5 yard crossing routes he would throw a 90 mph fastball which was impossible for most of the receivers to handle.

I would love to see this new crew analyize whatever the problem is and bring him back to being the QB he once was but right now? --- I would like to see it happen but No, he won't be the starting QB.

FalconFanatic1693 (2/7/2008)
Does anybody think that D.J. Shockley could be our qb

No. Shockley is still a backup.

Coming off of a major injury, unless he shows that he can pass effectively and run an NFL offense, he's going to be a 3rd stringer for the majority of his career. Or worse, cut-bait.

Could be is a pretty broad statement. Yeah, he could be. Has he proven that he should be? No, not yet. I hope he gets a chance. He is certainly talented.

Do I think we should just push everyone aside and elevate him to the starting position.

**** no. Equal shot to every QB we have going into the training camp.

rydolph (2/7/2008)
1bulldawgglassesxz1.jpg

Take these off first and you can see he doesn't have a chance to start for us. Bulldawg tinted glasses make Bulldawg players appear better than they actually are.

so ive hyped up 3 players from UGA, and that makes me a homer?? and 2 of those players were on this team before i even believed in them. that does not sound like a homer to me.

GEORGIAfan (2/7/2008)
rydolph (2/7/2008)
1bulldawgglassesxz1.jpg

Take these off first and you can see he doesn't have a chance to start for us. Bulldawg tinted glasses make Bulldawg players appear better than they actually are.

so ive hyped up 3 players from UGA, and that makes me a homer?? and 2 of those players were on this team before i even believed in them. that does not sound like a homer to me.

While your dedication to your team is admirable Georgiafan and evident in your screenname, please explain to me exactly what D.J. Shockley has done at the NFL level for me to believe he can be the starting QB? I believe it is going to be hard enough for Shockley to make the team little on have grand illusions of being the starting QB.

Take the glasses off first though. ;)

rydolph (2/7/2008)
GEORGIAfan (2/7/2008)
rydolph (2/7/2008)
1bulldawgglassesxz1.jpg

While your dedication to your team is admirable Georgiafan and evident in your screenname, please explain to me exactly what D.J. Shockley has done at the NFL level for me to believe he can be the starting QB? I believe it is going to be hard enough for Shockley to make the team little on have grand illusions of being the starting QB.

so because i support a player that went to my favorite school, and he is not proven that makes me a homer?? 1st of all i picked the name GEORGIAfan, because i support the teams in georgia. i cant say atlanta fan, because its not the atlanta force, but georgia force, so i said georgia to include them.

GEORGIAfan (2/7/2008)
rydolph (2/7/2008)
GEORGIAfan (2/7/2008)
rydolph (2/7/2008)
1bulldawgglassesxz1.jpg

so because i support a player that went to my favorite school, and he is not proven that makes me a homer?? 1st of all i picked the name GEORGIAfan, because i support the teams in georgia. i cant say atlanta fan, because its not the atlanta force, but georgia force, so i said georgia to include them.

You didn't answer my question but I didn't expect that you or any of the others pulling for Shockley to QB this team could. Thanks for the non-answer that speaks volumes.

what has any prospect done to warrant it. we want Dorsey/ellis, BUT what have they done in the NFL. they havent gotten a chance, so WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT HE CAN DO?? why is it i get the homer tag for believing in a player who has not gotten a chance, BUT when you want to draft a player who has not gotten a chance its different??

I believe DJ deserves a chance, and the reason is that i have see him succeed in an offense that was similar to the one mularkey runs. DJ has shown glimpses in preseason that he could lead this team down field.

What makes any of you think that DJ wont get a chance to compete for the starting job?

Where is it written that he is cemented as the 3rd string QB?

He will get his chance just like any other QB in camp. If he does well and is deserving to start, then GREAT. If not and he is relegated to #2 or #3, well then that is where the COACHES believe he belongs.

If he is cut, then there will be valid reason to do it.

As it stands right now he is a QB on this team. He will get his window of opportunity. Its up to him to snatch it and make the most of it.

falcons4life (2/7/2008)
What makes any of you think that DJ wont get a chance to compete for the starting job?

Where is it written that he is cemented as the 3rd string QB?

He will get his chance just like any other QB in camp. If he does well and is deserving to start, then GREAT. If not and he is relegated to #2 or #3, well then that is where the COACHES believe he belongs.

If he is cut, then there will be valid reason to do it.

As it stands right now he is a QB on this team. He will get his window of opportunity. Its up to him to snatch it and make the most of it.

i do not think it could have been put any better.