Romney to Pull Plug on Campaign

DomeGnome

GOP sources: Romney to suspend campaign

From John King

CNN

(CNN) -- Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney will suspend his bid for the Republican presidential nomination, GOP sources tell CNN.

art.romney.gi.jpg

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is expected to suspend his campaign Thursday, sources say.

Romney had won 270 delegates in through the Super Tuesday contests, compared with front-runner John McCain's 680.

Suspending a campaign has a different meaning depending on the party.

On the Republican side, decisions on how to allocate delegates is left to the state parties.

On the Democratic side, a candidate who "suspends" is technically still a candidate so he or she keeps both district and statewide delegates won through primaries and caucuses. Superdelegates are always free to support any candidate at any time, whether the candidate drops out, suspends or stays in.

National party rules say that a candidate who "drops out" keeps any district-level delegates he or she has won so far but loses any statewide delegates he or she has won.

Romney is expected to announce his decision Thursday afternoon at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, three Republican sources told CNN.

"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror," Romney told the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington.

that's the ##### I want to stop.....I am sick and tired of the politicians who speak to us like were all ##### idiots and I am sick of the politicians taking advantage of the ##### idiots that buy into this #####.

thesouphead (2/7/2008)
"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror," Romney told the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington.

that's the ##### I want to stop.....I am sick and tired of the politicians who speak to us like were all ##### idiots and I am sick of the politicians taking advantage of the ##### idiots that buy into this #####.

I watched his speech at lunch today and it made me ill. That egotistic martyr and Clinton need to get together for a self-love-fest.