Hawks/Heat replay...

Goodoleboy58

The Hawks' March 8 make-up game, actually 51.9 seconds of a game, with Miami took a serious hit Wednesday when the Heat traded Shaquille O'Neal to Phoenix for Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Hawks' Dec. 19 win over the Heat was vacated after the NBA upheld the Heat's protest of a scorekeeper's error. O'Neal fouled out of the contest with 51.9 seconds to play in overtime but only had five fouls when he was disqualified from the game. Now that he's no longer a member of the Heat, he won't be around for the replay.

"As far as I'm concerned, there's no reason to even bother with the replay," said Hawks captain and All-Star Joe Johnson. "If Shaq's not going to be here, what's the point?"

The Hawks won't be that lucky. Even without O'Neal, the replay will go on. But there are stipulations.

Neither Marion nor Banks will be allowed to play in the make-up game either. But they will be allowed to play in the regularly scheduled game, which will begin after the make-up game is completed.

"I don't care who plays that night," Josh Smith said. "We need to pick up that win they stole from us and get another one and be done with all this mess."

I'm glad Marion cant play in the game.. I think it's dumb to have to replay the game still if Shaq can't play... that was their whole basis for argument.... We went on a bad run after the announcement of the protest being upheld... Hopefully we can put all this behind us with 2 W's that night...

swanlee (2/7/2008)
I talked about it yesterday in the Shaq trade thread. What is the freain point of doing the replay at all if Shaq won't be there? It's just completely stupid of the NBA to do this now.

yea i have no idea... it will be nice to get two W's on the same day... that should be a big boost for us...

Man, that is just effin ********. Tell em Joe and Smoove!

Goodoleboy58 (2/7/2008)

"As far as I'm concerned, there's no reason to even bother with the replay," said Hawks captain and All-Star Joe Johnson. "If Shaq's not going to be here, what's the point?"

"I don't care who plays that night," Josh Smith said. "We need to pick up that win they stole from us and get another one and be done with all this mess."