Pedro Martinez caught on tape at a Rooster fight

Guerrilla Pimp

Mets Pedro caught on tape at ##### fight

Practice banned in U.S., but legal and popular in Dominican Republic

The Associated Press

updated 2:48 a.m. ET, Thurs., Feb. 7, 2008

A video of New York Mets pitcher Pedro Martinez and Hall of Famer Juan Marichal at a cockfight was posted this week on YouTube.

Martinez and Marichal laugh before releasing the roosters. The two took part as honorary soltadores, the word used to describe the person who puts the animal to fight.

The animal released by Martinez appears to be killed on the video, which was posted Tuesday. The fight takes place in the Coliseo de Gallos (Rooster Coliseum) in Santo Domingo, the Dominican Republic s biggest cockfighting venue. Cockfighting is legal and popular in the Dominican Republic.

By early Thursday, the video was removed due to terms of use violation.

© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Link

I want to see what PETA does about this. Should be very interesting to see if they go full bore at Martinez they same way they did at Vick.

If they do protest about it, then their protests would be about as useless as those who protest for the plight of the Tibetan monks here in the States. They won't dare do it in China because the Chinese government won't put up with it, period.

I highly doubt they'll travel down to the D.R. to start a protest. Talk about a slaughter of chickens.

GP is that a Pic of ole girl from ESPN? lol :D

Guerrilla Pimp (2/7/2008)

The Associated Press

A video of New York Mets pitcher Pedro Martinez and Hall of Famer Juan Marichal at a cockfight was posted this week on YouTube.

Martinez and Marichal laugh before releasing the roosters. The two took part as honorary soltadores, the word used to describe the person who puts the animal to fight.

The animal released by Martinez appears to be killed on the video, which was posted Tuesday. The fight takes place in the Coliseo de Gallos (Rooster Coliseum) in Santo Domingo, the Dominican Republic s biggest cockfighting venue. Cockfighting is legal and popular in the Dominican Republic.

© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Link

Eddie Jewell (2/7/2008)

The Associated Press

Link

**** yeah, any women who can take a bottle of Belvedere to the head like that captures my heart :P.

****. Straight no chaser.

Pedro and the Mets aren't going to cave in like Roger and Arthur. Pedro will be the first to tell peta to Besa me culo. :D

Eddie Jewell (2/7/2008)

The Associated Press

Link

**** yeah, any women who can take a bottle of Belvedere to the head like that captures my heart :P.

I doubt they protest in the DR, its legal there and PETA seems like they only protest in places were their safety is guarenteed.

Statick (2/7/2008)
I want to see what PETA does about this. Should be very interesting to see if they go full bore at Martinez they same way they did at Vick.

If they do protest about it, then their protests would be about as useless as those who protest for the plight of the Tibetan monks here in the States. They won't dare do it in China because the Chinese government won't put up with it, period.

I highly doubt they'll travel down to the D.R. to start a protest. Talk about a slaughter of chickens.

Anon (2/7/2008)
After baseball, ##### fighting is the national pasttime in DR and is completely legal.

Its certainly not how I'd choose to spend my time; however, its not like they were fighting family pets, after all, we do EAT THEM!

Did you happen to catch their national ad comparing chickens to Holocaust victims?

If PETA was true to their "standards", then they should protest for the chickees with the same vigor as the doggies, regardless of where it's legal. They still eat canines in various parts of Asia. But I guess they only care about animals in America.

I'm basically calling them a bunch of hypocrites. Again

Animal fights are not something I support or would ever participate in, however, I think it is stupid for everyone to get so worked up about it.

They're just animals...If they aren't yours, why the heck do you care??

The fact that someone can go to jail for this in the US (I realize Pedro was in the DR), is absurd and stupid.

jdu00743 (2/7/2008)
Animal fights are not something I support or would ever participate in, however, I think it is stupid for everyone to get so worked up about it.

They're just animals...If they aren't yours, why the heck do you care??

The fact that someone can go to jail for this in the US (I realize Pedro was in the DR), is absurd and stupid.

Tell that to PETA. I'm sure they'll picket and throw dogcrap on your house. :hehe:

**** not Q-Time. They are pretty good. I can't find nothing like them in Douglasville. **** we don't have a freaking Popeye's.

july425 (2/7/2008)
Eddie Jewell (2/7/2008)
Fixed it for you.
octoslash (2/7/2008)
FRY THEM

**** CHICKENS! Biscuit and potato salad.

NO!! Bake them! With dressing and gravy!! (just like at Q-time)