Countdown to Signing Day 2009. It starts again.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Urban is pulling out all the stops -- a six hour in-home visit with Trent included from what I have heard. I do not think LSU is a real player at this point.

LSU is fully out of it no matter what you hear. This is all UF and Bama and belive me when I tell you it can go either way. Saban had his in home in December so Urban had him last. He will visit FSU this weekend but I belive its more of a social visit than anything. Uraban and Coach Carter, our RB's coach, spent most of the 6 hours showing him how they would like to use a "big" RB in our offense. Its much the same as Oregon used Jonathan Stewart.

Looks like Lane Kiffin encouraged 4-star ATH commitment Damien Thigpen to look elsewhere, similar to how he handled Tajh Boyd. The scholarship offer is still available, but he apparently let him know he might not fit the system.

This says to me that Kiffin might have gotten a commitment from someone he didn't completely expect (Teague), and has never been too hot on Thigpen from the beginning.

After this news, and with us stealing Nyshier Oliver from them, ND has offered Thigpen a scholarship and I believe he's visiting there this weekend. Wish him the best.

Reuben Randle's high school coach lets the cat out of the bag that it is LSU.

Watch this video at about the 1:15 mark:

Randle to LSU?

Certainly, no surprise at all as Randle has long been rumored and expected to stay in-state, but interesting nonetheless that it appears his coach blew the cover before signing day.

what no suspense now? yeah i saw that yesterday.. no surprise, but his coach didn't need to ruin his announcement..

Looks like Lane Kiffin encouraged 4-star ATH commitment Damien Thigpen to look elsewhere, similar to how he handled Tajh Boyd. The scholarship offer is still available, but he apparently let him know he might not fit the system.

This says to me that Kiffin might have gotten a commitment from someone he didn't completely expect (Teague), and has never been too hot on Thigpen from the beginning.

After this news, and with us stealing Nyshier Oliver from them, ND has offered Thigpen a scholarship and I believe he's visiting there this weekend. Wish him the best.

Teague told the Knoxville paper last night hes still commited to UF and people have heard the last couple of days hes only considering Bama now if he switches.

And in other news, Je'Ron Stokes is still committed to Tennessee. ;)

I know alot more about Teagues situation than Stokes obviously. His mother wanted badly to come down to Gainville this weekend as she was unable to come on his official but they arent going to be able to afford to do so. That is the hold up on the whole situation.

At this point, Massie is no longer an option and the news is getting worse with other potential recruits for UGA. Orson won't decide until after his trip to Southern Cal.....rumblings are that Marlon is closer to being a Vol....Reid and Starling may have FSU on their minds....Jarvis prefers to go out-of-state....and with Kenney and Hill saying "no thanks," we're doing some last-minute sales-pitches to WR prospects who're committed elsewhere.

Seems like we're not finishing the drill. We've already assembled a stellar class that'll rank in the top 15 regardless...but it'll be awfully disappointing to not finish with at least 2 or 3 of the above-mentioned top targets we've waited so long for.

At this point, Massie is no longer an option and the news is getting worse with other potential recruits for UGA. Orson won't decide until after his trip to Southern Cal.....rumblings are that Marlon is closer to being a Vol....Reid and Starling may have FSU on their minds....Jarvis prefers to go out-of-state....and with Kenney and Hill saying "no thanks," we're doing some last-minute sales-pitches to WR prospects who're committed elsewhere.

Seems like we're not finishing the drill. We've already assembled a stellar class that'll rank in the top 15 regardless...but it'll be awfully disappointing to not finish with at least 2 or 3 of the above-mentioned top targets we've waited so long for.

Massie has been bama since last summer. He fell in love with bama then and him and andre smith were communicating this entire time. In reality uga didn't have a chance.

The dawgs are visiting Orson and his mother today as is IF. It's a toss up with Orson, but I still feel very good with him right now.

Marlon is open. He isn't leaning anywhere. I have read his comments and heard a number of insiders debunk those he is a vol rumors.

UGA is in great shape with Starling. He will be on campus this weekend.

UGA is in very good shape with Reid as well. He will also be on campus. The dawgs needs to have a great weekend and we will get two commits. FSU is in the mix for both reid and starling, but I feel uga is in fine shape with both.

Hill was a shot in the dark. If they had offered him a month ago they would have gotten him, but it was way too late. Kenney wanting to be at oklahoma was a great choice for him, there was nothing uga could do with that.

Dawgs have two kids they are looking at for the WR spot. Stokes and Devin F.