Countdown to Signing Day 2009. It starts again.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sac, so what now at Wide Receiver? we lost kenney and hill.

BOWMAN NEED AN OFFER......I think we can get Marlon. But I have a feeling UT got him on lock. We lost on Patterson too. Where can we turn to now?

Are there any news on Starling? He is pretty quiet.

yeah i will reply with a few things when i get home.. heading home now.. see ya.

Montgomery Eliminates One

Written by Phil Kornblut

DE Sam Montgomery (6-5 240) of Greenwood has eliminated Oregon his mother said Tuesday afternoon. Montgomery was scheduled to take an official visit to Oregon Tuesday but canceled the trip.

"Even though Oregon has a lot to offer, he felt that it was not the place for him," Mrs. Montgomery said. He will visit Tennessee this weekend.

Montgomery also has visited Michigan, UNC and LSU officially, and USC and Clemson unofficially.

USC head coach Steve Spurrier met with Montgomery and his mother Monday, and Mrs. Montgomery talked on the phone with Clemson coaches Monday night.

She said more cuts are coming. "We're going to do some serious soul searching," Mrs. Montgomery said. "It just hard to say good bye. You get to like them as a person."

Coaches from LSU, Tennessee and North Carolina have said they will visit Montgomery this week.

Sac, so what now at Wide Receiver? we lost kenney and hill.

BOWMAN NEED AN OFFER......I think we can get Marlon. But I have a feeling UT got him on lock. We lost on Patterson too. Where can we turn to now?

Are there any news on Starling? He is pretty quiet.

Bowman seems solid to Alabama, but obviously things can change. Here is a recent quote from Bowman.

The million dollar question concerning Bowman is whether his commitment is solid to Alabama with rumors about Georgia always in the background should the in-state program offer a scholarship.

"I am going to Alabama. I am not going anywhere else or listening to anyone else," said Bowman. "My commitment is solid. I have everything I need at Alabama. There is no need to look around because Alabama has the pieces in place for big things."

I'm surprised to hear that the most connected UT guy I know says that he expects us to get Darren Myles Jr. He has spoken with Inky Johnson, who is a good friend of Myles (same HS), and he says Myles is coming to Tennessee.

Brent Hubbs is not willing to say that yet, but they are coming from two different angles.

The question is though even if UGA does offer is it too late in the game to make a run at Bowman he might feel a little insulted by now

UGA will not offer.. They will not be able to get into school for a number of reasons.. however we have another guy that I will talk about later.. i am waiting on it.

Bowman seems solid to Alabama, but obviously things can change. Here is a recent quote from Bowman.

The million dollar question concerning Bowman is whether his commitment is solid to Alabama with rumors about Georgia always in the background should the in-state program offer a scholarship.

"I am going to Alabama. I am not going anywhere else or listening to anyone else," said Bowman. "My commitment is solid. I have everything I need at Alabama. There is no need to look around because Alabama has the pieces in place for big things."

UGA has told michael bowman they will not be offering him.. I won't comment why, but there is zero chance he gets a dawg offer. Bowman knows that and I hope he can get into bama.

LB Petey Smith commits to Alabama. This guy looked outstanding in the Under Armor All-American Game.

Petey's brother Eric is a running back entering his sophomore year at Auburn. Should make for a good sibling rivalry.

great pickup for alabama regarding smith. you guys are going to have to fight to keep trent and not sure what you have heard, but randle is still a toss up.. i have seen guys say bama or lsu almost down the middle in their projections.

great pickup for alabama regarding smith. you guys are going to have to fight to keep trent and not sure what you have heard, but randle is still a toss up.. i have seen guys say bama or lsu almost down the middle in their projections.

I'm going to be so nervous until Trent signs. If Bama somehow got Randle I would go nuts! Julio and Randle together would just be insane.