Countdown to Signing Day 2009. It starts again.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ATH Chris Payne committed to Clemson today, along with his teammate, S Damario Jeffery. Tigers also picked up a commitment from 6'4 180lb sophomore WR, Martavis Bryant out of Calhoun Falls, SC. Below is Kornblut's update the other day on Payne. Ouch.

USC Likely To Get Payne

By Phil Kornblut

ATH Chris Payne (5-11 191) of Columbia High is getting an offer from USC soon. The call did not come Thursday night as was expected, but it could come Friday. Payne said he's not ready to commit, but that doesn't mean his mind isn't basically made up for USC. "That's the place I want to be," Payne said Thursday night. "The coaching staff thinks they can get to the next level. I like the plans for the new academic center. They have a nice weight room. USC will be number one. They are very strong. I don't want to commit during the season, probably before the season even starts to get the stress off." Payne said the Gamecocks like him as a strong safety. He will go to Clemson's junior day this Saturday and Alabama's March 7th. He has been to USC and North Carolina for junior days. Payne also has offers from North Carolna and Michigan State. Clemson and Auburn also are showing interest.

UGA_DAWG46 (2/23/2008)
A scholly just open up for UGA. Well, almost. Naderris Ward might be transferring to some school in Cali because he want to be close to home. Arron White need to gain weights and strength pretty fast.

We will know about Ward IMO next week for sure. he never fully recovered from his shoulder injury his high school senior season.. and since he is disappointed he wants to be close to home now.. I hope the best for him.

USC Makes Counter Move With Columbia High Duo

By Phil Kornblut

On Recruiting

Published: February 24, 2008

Less than 24 hours after committing to Clemson while attending the Tigers' junior day, DB Damario Jeffery (6-3 211) and ATH Chris Payne (5-11 191) of Columbia High School Sunday eased up on their pledges Sunday after meeting with USC recruiter David Reaves. "We went over to the coaches offices this morning," Jeffery said. "We're still going to be recruited by other schools. We're still wide open. Coach Reaves told us the same thing he's been telling us. They're looking into the future and raising about 200 million dollars and their building this new academic facility. That's a plus for them. It's me and Chris's dream to play in the SEC and play in front of big crowds. That (USC) is a good environment for us to be in. Nobody is going to know where we're going until Signing Day next year." Jeffery also has offers from North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Michigan State, Alabama and Auburn. Payne also has offers from Michigan State and North Carolina.

Payne Talks About Commitment Position

By Phil Kornblut

On Recruiting

Published: February 24, 2008

ATH Chris Payne (5-11 191) of Columbia High Sunday afternoon confirmed the comments from earlier in the morning by his teammate DE DaMario Jeffery that while committed to Clemson, the two are going to consider all other options. The teammates met with USC recruiter David Reaves Sunday morning at the USC coaches offices. "My position right now is open," Payne said. "Coach Reaves was telling me they have a new academic facility. It's a 200 million dollar project. I really like that. We're committed but we're open. I understand what a commitment is. Some people can be a real hard commitment. Some can be a soft commitment. We're going to go thru the entire process." Payne has offers from USC, Clemson, Michigan State and North Carolina, and he's expecting to receive one from Auburn Monday. He does not have any other visits planned though he said he'll be back at USC on the day the players run their 40s.

SacFalcFan (2/27/2008)
millejb (2/27/2008)
Rumor has it that QB Raymond Cotton from Faith Academy in Mobile, should commit to Auburn soon, looks like somebody is reestablishing themselves in Mobile :D

how many guys would that make from mobile for auburn?

Cotton would make two, granted he hasn't committed yet, but he is EXTREMELY high on Auburn as of now.

UGA_DAWG46 (3/3/2008)
Sac, have you read the article about Jordan Luallen on scout.com

He really want to sign with us. He look like a sure commit once we're offer.

He wants to be a Dawg and they know it. IMO if Murray commits to UF they offer LuAllen right away. They want the 2nd qb to be a mobile guy like LuAllen or Murray.

SacFalcFan (3/3/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (3/3/2008)
I like the way Murray looks, but if we can get a sure commitment from Luallen then lets just offer him.

That's how I feel.. I love LuAllen's video.. very very talented kid.

I think Murray will not be able to stay away from Urban Myer talk. I think Lluallen will be a Dawg. He is already good friend with Mettenberger and he is not affraid to compete with Mettenberger. How are we with Bowman and Jones, any inside info? What is with the silent commitment? Are there any?

UGA_DAWG46 (3/3/2008)
SacFalcFan (3/3/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (3/3/2008)
I like the way Murray looks, but if we can get a sure commitment from Luallen then lets just offer him.

I think Murray will not be able to stay away from Urban Myer talk. I think Lluallen will be a Dawg. He is already good friend with Mettenberger and he is not affraid to compete with Mettenberger. How are we with Bowman and Jones, any inside info? What is with the silent commitment? Are there any?

No silent commitments anymore..  That silent was Zach.  he committed silently up to 3 weeks before he became public.  Regarding Murray he is going to be a gator.  They got a great one, but UGA getting LuAllen would be great as well.  With Bowman he is a dawg once they offer.  They are waiting for some test results back for him.  Which Jones?

SacFalcFan (3/3/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (3/3/2008)
SacFalcFan (3/3/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (3/3/2008)

No silent commitments anymore.. That silent was Zach. he committed silently up to 3 months before he became public. Regarding Murray he is going to be a gator. They got a great one, but UGA getting LuAllen would be great as well. With Bowman he is a dawg once they offer. They are waiting for some test results back for him. Which Jones?

Very nice to know that we will offer Bowman and Luallen. IMO, Luallen is a bigger version of Murray with almost the same athleticism ( spelling). Arby Jones and Jarvis...? I don't think we should waste out time offer Reid. He is a firm Gators. I think David Lee and Deon Roberson are the two we are going to offer after Bowman and Luallen.

UGA_DAWG46 (3/3/2008)
SacFalcFan (3/3/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (3/3/2008)
SacFalcFan (3/3/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (3/3/2008)

No silent commitments anymore.. That silent was Zach. he committed silently up to 3 months before he became public. Regarding Murray he is going to be a gator. They got a great one, but UGA getting LuAllen would be great as well. With Bowman he is a dawg once they offer. They are waiting for some test results back for him. Which Jones?

Very nice to know that we will offer Bowman and Luallen. IMO, Luallen is a bigger version of Murray with almost the same athleticism ( spelling). Arby Jones and Jarvis...? I don't think we should waste out time offer Reid. He is a firm Gators. I think David Lee and Deon Roberson are the two we are going to offer after Bowman and Luallen.

On offering LuAllen & Bowman there are catches IMO.  If uga loses out on murray they will offer LuAllen right away.  They want a mobile qb for their 2nd qb and if Bowman has some good scores he will be offered and IMO he will commit right away.  Jones and Jarvis are being heavily recruited by uga.  they will fight for both til the very end IMO.  Greg Reid was offered and he is going to visit UGA.  He is friends with gulliard and gulliard has been talking up georgia.  Of course Reid is uf, but you never know.  Regarding Lee I don't know.  Roberson wants to be a dawg and if offered he commits quickly. 

SacFalcFan (3/3/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (3/3/2008)
SacFalcFan (3/3/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (3/3/2008)
SacFalcFan (3/3/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (3/3/2008)

On offering LuAllen & Bowman there are catches IMO. If uga loses out on murray they will offer LuAllen right away. They want a mobile qb for their 2nd qb and if Bowman has some good scores he will be offered and IMO he will commit right away. Jones and Jarvis are being heavily recruited by uga. they will fight for both til the very end IMO. Greg Reid was offered and he is going to visit UGA. He is friends with gulliard and gulliard has been talking up georgia. Of course Reid is uf, but you never know. Regarding Lee I don't know. Roberson wants to be a dawg and if offered he commits quickly.

I heard Guillard is pretty close to commiting to UGA. He really love us. One more question, how come there are so little DT offer?

UGA_DAWG46 (3/3/2008)
SacFalcFan (3/3/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (3/3/2008)
SacFalcFan (3/3/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (3/3/2008)
SacFalcFan (3/3/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (3/3/2008)

On offering LuAllen & Bowman there are catches IMO. If uga loses out on murray they will offer LuAllen right away. They want a mobile qb for their 2nd qb and if Bowman has some good scores he will be offered and IMO he will commit right away. Jones and Jarvis are being heavily recruited by uga. they will fight for both til the very end IMO. Greg Reid was offered and he is going to visit UGA. He is friends with gulliard and gulliard has been talking up georgia. Of course Reid is uf, but you never know. Regarding Lee I don't know. Roberson wants to be a dawg and if offered he commits quickly.

I heard Guillard is pretty close to commiting to UGA. He really love us. One more question, how come there are so little DT offer?

Right now Guillard is wide open. IMO he does end up at UGA, but it won't be easy. I have said numerous times how puzzled I am with UGA's DT offers. I really think they love Abry Jones, but both cross & roberson have some grade questions and they may not be as high up on their list as they are on other boards. I think Roberson is awesome and would be a great pickup and I also want Cross. IMO those two commit if offered, but abry jones is a fight til the end. Everyone wants him.

A note UGA offered a bigtime OL in Florida: Nick Alajajian out of Naples, Florida. His head coach and Willie Martinez are real tight and his head coach is encouraging Nick to visit UGA for their Jr. Day.