Countdown to Signing Day 2009. It starts again.

Farms is closer to 6'. That is one of the reasons I think he would be better off as a DT in college. Given his size and strength, he could develop into a Casey Hampton type DT. By the way, he reportedly squated 700lbs at Perry High's Night of Champions.

According to a co-worker, who is friends with Farms' family, Farms is still very high oh the Gators.

The intrest isnt mutual. He had a chance to commit to us early and wanted to but his Uncle told him to wait. Well since them we've gottne commitments from 3 in state OL's and we are only taking one more. That spot is for the likes of Xavier Nixon or Morgan Moses. If we dont get one of those 2 them we most likely wont take another OL.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The intrest isnt mutual. He had a chance to commit to us early and wanted to but his Uncle told him to wait. Well since them we've gottne commitments from 3 in state OL's and we are only taking one more. That spot is for the likes of Xavier Nixon or Morgan Moses. If we dont get one of those 2 them we most likely wont take another OL.

As far as UF and Farms goes, he should have pulled a Toby Jackson. He should have gone ahead and committed to UF, then continue to search around until he made up his mind!

As far as UF and Farms goes, he should have pulled a Toby Jackson. He should have gone ahead and committed to UF, then continue to search around until he made up his mind!

Like I said I was told he wanted to and had even told the staff at one point that he did but his Uncle made him hold off as he is handling his recruitment. He really screwed him over doing so.

Florida got its second commit for the 2010 class tonight when QB Trey Burton commited to the staff. He is considered one of the best QBs in the state for next year already and is a dual threat QB. He plays in 5A in Florida.

Ht: 6-foot-3

Wt: 203 lbs

Forty: 4.5 secs

Bench max: 320 pounds

GPA: 3.5

Tennessee got commitments from 3 star LB's Nigel Mitchell-Thornton (Georgia) and D.T. Shackleford (Alabama).

We got Mitchell-Thornton over LSU, Auburn, and Mississippi State and D.T. Shackleford over Mississippi State.

yeah ut fans aren't real thrilled with the 3 star commitments.

Yea, I would prefer to be getting higher ranked guys, but sometimes the offer list is a better gauge of how good they actually are.

I'm not ecstatic about getting someone over Mississippi State (Shackleford), but I definitely like to see a guy choose us over LSU, Auburn, and Mississippi State (Mitchell-Thornton).

Yea, I would prefer to be getting higher ranked guys, but sometimes the offer list is a better gauge of how good they actually are.

I'm not ecstatic about getting someone over Mississippi State (Shackleford), but I definitely like to see a guy choose us over LSU, Auburn, and Mississippi State (Mitchell-Thornton).

yeah i understand their surprise over shackleford, but not mitchell-thornton. He is a player. Rankings aren't everything and some fans get too caught up in that.

yeah i understand their surprise over shackleford, but not mitchell-thornton. He is a player. Rankings aren't everything and some fans get too caught up in that.

Was UGA involved with Mitchell-Thornton at all? I was surprised to not see them in the finalists.

Was UGA involved with Mitchell-Thornton at all? I was surprised to not see them in the finalists.

Nope they didn't consider offering him. They had vasser, gilliard, and moody higher ranked and the only reason they are taking jarvis if he commits is due to how talented he is. If jarvis wasn't instate they wouldn't be taking another lb. Right now uga is so stacked at lb I am surprised they are even taking 3.

Yes he is. I remember when he signed.....I was so pumped up.

BTW, whats up with Devonta Bolton....is he going to be a LB?

I haven't been keeping up as much as I used too

Midwest,

Bolton didn't qualify and is heading to a JUCO. maybe crimson can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe out of the 32 signed you guys lost melvin ray and destin hood to baseball and you guys had devonta bolton, kerry murphy, and brandon lewis not qualify.

Midwest,

Bolton didn't qualify and is heading to a JUCO. maybe crimson can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe out of the 32 signed you guys lost melvin ray and destin hood to baseball and you guys had devonta bolton, kerry murphy, and brandon lewis not qualify.

Here is a rundown of the 24 signees from the class of 2008 who reported to Fall Camp and where those guys lined up on the first day of Fall Camp:

1. Julio Jones -- WR.

2. Burton Scott -- WR

3. Star Jackson -- QB

4. Brad Smelley -- H-Back

5. Mark Ingram -- RB

6. Chris Jordan -- RB

7. Ivan Matchett -- RB

8. John Michael Boswell -- OL

9. Barrett Jones -- OL.

10. Tyler Love -- OL.

11. Terrence Cody -- DT.

12. Damion Square -- DT

13. Undra Billingsley -- DE

14. Marcel Dareus -- DE

15. Courtney Upshaw -- LB

16. Glenn Harbin -- LB

17. Jerrell Harris -- LB

18. Don'ta Hightower -- LB

19. Michael Williams -- LB

20. Robby Green -- CB

21. Alonzo Lawrence -- CB

22. Mark Barron -- S

23. Robert Lester -- S

24. Wesley Neighbors -- S

* Early Enrollees who back-counted to 2007 class:

25. Corey Smith -- K

26. Chris Jackson -- WR

** Will defer enrollment to Spring 2009 (can back-count to 2008 class or count to 2009 class):

27. Jermaine Preyear -- RB (Shoulder injury in summer workouts)

*** Major League Baseball Signees who will not enroll:

28. Destin Hood -- WR (Signed with Washington Nationals)

29. Melvin Ray -- WR (Signed with Los Angeles Dodgers)

*** Did not Qualify:

30. Devonta Bolton -- WR/LB (WIll attend East Mississippi Junior College)

31. Brandon Lewis -- DE (Will attend East Mississippi Junior College)

32. Kerry Murphy -- DT (Will continue attending Hargrave Military Prep)

Florida got its second commit for the 2010 class tonight when QB Trey Burton commited to the staff. He is considered one of the best QBs in the state for next year already and is a dual threat QB. He plays in 5A in Florida.

Ht: 6-foot-3

Wt: 203 lbs

Forty: 4.5 secs

Bench max: 320 pounds

GPA: 3.5

Jgator, is it true that he lined up against Orson Charles at FNL and shut him down. I read this somewhere, but figured whoever wrote it was mistaken. Then I saw someone else post it again later. Can you clarify please?

Jgator, is it true that he lined up against Orson Charles at FNL and shut him down. I read this somewhere, but figured whoever wrote it was mistaken. Then I saw someone else post it again later. Can you clarify please?

It would have been pretty hard since Orson wasnt at FNL.

No I cant say that I have.

I just found the post Jgator. I don't have a subscription to GatorCountry, but this is a post from one of their forums. About half way down, I have it in bold.

"The lights go on and Burton shines" - An article by The Gator Counrty Staff -Only certain parts have been quoted.

"Burton went head-to-head and held his own against Plant’s Aaron Murray, who has committed to Georgia and is one of the best quarterbacks in the 2009 class, an impressive feat from a player who describes himself as a running back playing quarterback."

With 4.5 speed in the 40-yard dash, Burton is a dangerous runner and proved Friday he can throw it, too. Though he had some passes wobble, he was very poised and confident as he threw against some of the best defensive backs at the camp, like Travis Hawkins and Jairus Jones. And there was no denying his size and strength.

“I really need to work on my fundamentals as a passer,” he said. “I’ve got the running part down but I need a lot more reps to get to the level I want to be at.”

As a sophomore, Burton had three touchdown runs of 80 yards or more. He also had 13 touchdowns through the air while throwing for 1,300 yards. His coach John Peacock said you can expect his quarterback to improve quite a bit over his next two high school seasons.

“He is at least three times better now than he was last year, and he was good last year,” he said. “When he first came in as a freshman, he started at safety and made all the calls and really excelled on that side of the ball. Last year, we knew with his athletic ability that we had to get the ball in his hands as much as possible.

“When he develops better touch on his passes and learns to properly check down, he is going to be scary.”

Peacock also raved about Burton’s competitiveness.

“He is as fierce a competitor as I have ever seen,” Peacock said. “He takes everything on the field personally, and that’s what fuels his desire to win. Last week at USF, he kept bugging me to let him play defense so he could cover Plant’s tight end, Orson Charles, who is one of the best ends in the country.

“So I put him in there and he shut him down. Charles didn’t catch a single pass and Trey had a pick,” Peacock continued.

Burton said that very same competitive nature is what will carry him the next two years and into the next level.

“The better the competition the better I play,” he said. “I expect to play well this week at the camp because I know going up against guys that are older than me and great at their positions will make me perform at the top of my game.”

As for dealing with the pressure of being a top prospect for the next two seasons, Burton said he’s not sweating it.

“I like pressure when I’m playing but the expectations for our team is to win a state championship this season,” he said. “We have one of the best teams we’ve had in a while, and if we do our thing, we could win it all. That’s all I’m thinking about.”

His coach loves to here that from his quarterback.

“We’re fortunate to have a guy who is as hard working and focused as Trey is,” Peacock said. “To have a leader like him who will not back down from anybody, I’m really excited to have him for two more years.”