With the #1 pick the Falcons take....

Scott Case 25

Rashard Mendenhall from Illinois for NOW and for the FUTURE..

5'11" 224lbs A average 40 time of 4.48.

Mendenhall set Illinois records for rushing yards (1,681), touchdowns (19) and points (114) this fall. 05' he had a average rush of 4.5 in 06' 8.2 and 07 6.4 yards per carry.

Trade up he will be there....we can get some extra picks...and he will be a great player that is of good moral character and great athletic ability....Rework Dunn's contract or cut him, keep Norwood and draft Rashard Mendenhall.

Case25 (2/6/2008)
Wherever he goes he will do great things.....watch and you will see... I look forward to see how the combine results play out and change rankings

Ok please explain to me why you would choose him at # 3, 4, or 5 pick.

If we go RB, it will be Mcfadden. But our first pick will be Dorsey, Long, Ellis.

If we trade down, I would consider him. But I would choose Jonathan Stewart.

But please explain you reason to pick him so high.

UGA_DAWG46 (2/6/2008)
Case25 (2/6/2008)
Wherever he goes he will do great things.....watch and you will see... I look forward to see how the combine results play out and change rankings

If we go RB, it will be Mcfadden. But our first pick will be Dorsey, Long, Ellis.

Maybe I did not state it correctly in my post but I would pick him in the teens or 20's not as 3,4or5 he does not rank that high.....

UGA_DAWG46 (2/6/2008)
I rather have Jonathan Stewart. He is a way better back and if we trade up ( which we wont) I think we will pick Stewart. Stewart has the size ( not saying Mendenhall doesnt), speed, and great vision. A Steven Jackson like back.

IMO stewart and Mendenhall are great backs and so is Mcfadden. I like Mcfadden the least, then Stewart and finally Mendenhall the most. I want that kind of back that has quick feet and speed but still can lower his head and break people, Stewart isn't as quick as mendenhall but seems to have more power. Finally, Mcfadden seems overrated to me and will do amazing with a great run blocking Oline, but without one I don't see him doing much. He'll just try and bust into the open field everytime through the hole and get stopped a ton, and i don't see him as having the same type of power that mendenhall and stewart have to actually run THROUGH people.

Case25 (2/6/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (2/6/2008)
Case25 (2/6/2008)

Maybe I did not state it correctly in my post but I would pick him in the teens or 20's not as 3,4or5 he does not rank that high.....

No because you said "With the #1 pick the Falcons take...."

falconfrenzy (2/6/2008)
Case25 (2/6/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (2/6/2008)
Case25 (2/6/2008)

I get it I did the title wrong...it should say with the Falcons 1st Round Pick......not the 1st pick in the 1st round........

No because you said "With the #1 pick the Falcons take...."

Legion (2/6/2008)
The guy is a beast, but he'll be there in the second and maybe the third. He's not flashy enough for media-hypeateers to place him in the first.

That might be the most wrong anyone has ever been about anything, ever. ESPN has him rated above Stewart at number 2 overall for running backs. Someone might take Stewart ahead of him but he won't drop into the second round.

I've seen a few draft boards that have Mendenhall the pick right after Mcfadden. I actually think mendenhall is a better fit for what we need than McFadden.

I still would prefer the long/ellis/dorsey pickup with our draft pick, but Mendenhall is going to be a beast in the NFL. Mark my word.

samuel l jackson (2/6/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (2/6/2008)
I rather have Jonathan Stewart. He is a way better back and if we trade up ( which we wont) I think we will pick Stewart. Stewart has the size ( not saying Mendenhall doesnt), speed, and great vision. A Steven Jackson like back.

IMO stewart and Mendenhall are great backs and so is Mcfadden. I like Mcfadden the least, then Stewart and finally Mendenhall the most. I want that kind of back that has quick feet and speed but still can lower his head and break people, Stewart isn't as quick as mendenhall but seems to have more power. Finally, Mcfadden seems overrated to me and will do amazing with a great run blocking Oline, but without one I don't see him doing much. He'll just try and bust into the open field everytime through the hole and get stopped a ton, and i don't see him as having the same type of power that mendenhall and stewart have to actually run THROUGH people.

I think you've only seen the McFadden highlight reels.