LETs KiLL THIs vICK FANs are NOT Falcons FAns Noise!!!!!!!

me4falcons

:angry:Why do people always assume that people who were michael vick fans are not true falcons fans. That type of BS thinking is really getting old. I'm a hard-core falcons fan and have been on this message board since the late 90's and have been a fan since the late 70's. I hate that mike put himself in the position that he is in now. I'm also not going to sit here and pretend like he did not exist (aka=ykw). I would be lying if I said that I would not want him on the team or to see him play for the falcons again. I am however not that naive and know that this is more than likely not going to happen. While I am a Die Hard Falcons Fan like any other we all have had our favorite like vick, william andrews, alfred jenkins, van note, scott case, rison, deion sanders, tuggle and JAM. True be told as I look back over the years outside of the 98 season and mayde the 80 season we really haven't had a lot of hope. Vick gave us hope everytime he was on the field we could win. I believe in giving Vick a chance to make a change in his life whether it's with the falcons or not. SORRy folks I'm just not filled with rage and hatred for vick like others are and I know I am not the only one who feels this way.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

me4falcons (2/6/2008)
:angry:Why do people always assume that people who were michael vick fans are not true falcons fans. That type of BS thinking is really getting old. I'm a hard-core falcons fan and have been on this message board since the late 90's and have been a fan since the late 70's. I hate that mike put himself in the position that he is in now. I'm also not going to sit here and pretend like he did not exist (aka=ykw). I would be lying if I said that I would not want him on the team or to see him play for the falcons again. I am however not that naive and know that this is more than likely not going to happen. While I am a Die Hard Falcons Fan like any other we all have had our favorite like vick, william andrews, alfred jenkins, van note, scott case, rison, deion sanders, tuggle and JAM. True be told as I look back over the years outside of the 98 season and mayde the 80 season we really haven't had a lot of hope. Vick gave us hope everytime he was on the field we could win. I believe in giving Vick a chance to make a change in his life whether it's with the falcons or not. SORRy folks I'm just not filled with rage and hatred for vick like others are and I know I am not the only one who feels this way.
I feel the same way,i dont completely hate him now like alot of poeple

UGA_DAWG46 (2/6/2008)
IMO, some people follow the Falcons because of Vick. Jus my opinion.

It happens with all teams. some people like the colts because of manning, some people like the packers because of farve and so on. I just know that there is a lot of people who like vick who are die hard falcons fan like me who supported the falcons for years.

UGA_DAWG46 (2/6/2008)
Vick was great to watch. But he is mediorce QB. He threw many INTS. Turnovers doesn't win game.

He threw his share but to put it in the context that you are trying to do is flat out false. The great Bret Farve has the record for INT's thrown. How about you start forming your own opinion and stop allowing heresay to do it for you.

When people mention that some Vick fans aren't Falcons fan, they're not talking about all of you. That's not the issue.

It's fine to be (or to have been) a Falcons fans due to Vick, but the problem is when his psycho rabid fans blame and wish bad luck on the Falcons for the problems that he caused to himself off the field.

That's the issue and its total BS.

Statick (2/6/2008)
When people mention that some Vick fans aren't Falcons fan, they're not talking about all of you. That's not the issue.

It's fine to be (or to have been) a Falcons fans due to Vick, but the problem is when his psycho rabid fans blame and wish bad luck on the Falcons for the problems that he caused to himself off the field.

That's the issue and its total BS.

Good post. For all of these fans that are complaining about Vick, you think it didn't hurt fans like me when Deion left? I was the BIGGEST Deion homer you could find, and when he left the ATL is made me sick to my stomach. However, here I am 14 years after that, still cheering for this team. Likable players come and go, but a real fan will never give up.

I think the reason that is said so much on here is because the only people that talk about Vick for the most part are the Vick only fans who seem to not care what he's done to this team and are holding out hope that he returns and further embarrasses this team and himself. I enjoyed him while he was here, but now i see him as he really is which is a deceitful dog fighter who slapped the hand that fed him and seemingly still doesn't understand that he's done something wrong. I mean, come on. What does that say about you personally by supporting him any further. I don't wish any more ill will against him, but he turned his back on not only his team, but also his fans.

I can't seem to understand why in the world someone would want that embarrassment back on this team. The dog fighting wasn't the only thing. He knowingly gave one girl an STD, took on a ridiculous false name during the fiasco, and tried to lie about it. Then, out comes the myspace photo of his holding a blunt. Then, he gets busted with a false bottle that had a substance with the pungent aroma of Marijuana. His buddy steals someone's watch at an airport. There's been nothing but one bad move after another with Vick. Then, he flicks off some fans in the crowd on live tv.

His cousin staying in his house sells drugs. His brother has a gun at a McDonalds, and also stomps on an opposing player's leg with malicious intent. I'm not saying, I'm just saying. Him and his family have a history of illegal activity. Why on earth would you want a convicted felon as the face of your franchise again?? Either you have some huge blinders on or you live the same lifestyle as Vick and his friends do.

With what Vick had around him talent-wise, I don't think any other QB would have done any better than he did. The few games where he actually had protection from the o-line he had great days, such as the Pit, Cincy, and Dallas games. There were games where he was the problem, but there were far more where the rest of the offense was the problem. I liked him as our QB all the way till the day he plead guilty.

UGA_DAWG46 (2/6/2008)

Wrong opinion. I love Mike Vick. You can't say I follow the Falcons because of him, because I was following the Falcons before the guy was born. Just because some don't like him, does not mean that there is something wrong with the ones of us that do. I love Mike Vick the football player. I don't know Mike Vick the man. If I did know Mike Vick the man ........ I probably would still like him.:)

its AMAZING how many topics can be made for a guy in jail... just amazing... you think there would be a limit cause **** there are a lot (1 is to many)

That's amazing to you but others with thoughts like you buy chewed-up trading cards for $7500 and footnotes of a "felon" for $10,000, and you don't find that AMAZING? Or folks getting $20,000 for getting one of Vick's dog that suppose to be "trained killers"?

But you are amazed about some posts about Vick. :hehe: :hehe:

I understand if some of you no longer can stand vick but that's just not me. I believe in giving a person a chance to change his life. I just don't share the hatred. Me being upset at one man for the entire team not stepping up. Vick wasn't the only player being paid to play. With that being said I am still the biggest die-hard falcons fan and have been long before some of you were born.

REV.2000 (2/6/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (2/6/2008)

Wrong opinion. I love Mike Vick. You can't say I follow the Falcons because of him, because I was following the Falcons before the guy was born. Just because some don't like him, does not mean that there is something wrong with the ones of us that do. I love Mike Vick the football player. I don't know Mike Vick the man. If I did know Mike Vick the man ........ I probably would still like him.:)

Very well said.

Vick gave us hope on Sunday. That's why I'm a fan. Chris Miller didn't give me much hope. Billy Joe Tolliver didn't either. Wade Wilson couldn't do it. Neither could Bobby Hebert or Jeff George. Tony Grazioni couldn't make it happen and Steve DeBerg couldn't either. Chris Chandler got us to the SB but his body failed him the next 3 seasons after that. No QB has ever gave this franchise hope like Vick did. Not one. If you can't acknowledge this fact, then maybe you are NOT a real Falcons fan.