We would be mad to get rid of Algernon.....

UK Falcon

The guy is a game winner, a difference maker that has been under-used with Quitrino at the helm.

He has had a few niggly injuries, but he is one the ELITE tight ends in the game when he is being used as he should.

To be even considering getting rid of him is madness.

Madness I tell you!

UK Falcon (2/6/2008)
The guy is a game winner, a difference maker that has been under-used with Quitrino at the helm.

He has had a few injuries, but he is one the ELITE tight ends in the game when he is being used as he should.

Madness I tell you!

What does that even mean?

tipp78 (2/6/2008)
UK Falcon (2/6/2008)

He has had a few injuries, but he is one the ELITE tight ends in the game when he is being used as he should.

Madness I tell you!

"Niggly" What does that even mean?

Dammmit double post....ANYWAYS. Yea i dont want to get rid of him, hes been great for the franchise for many years....plus i have his jersey and thats the only players jersey that i have left whos not on another team or in JAIL. I hope he gets healthy and we dont get ride of him.

tipp78 (2/6/2008)
UK Falcon (2/6/2008)

Madness I tell you!

What does that even mean?

he's talking bout alge and i think it is time for him to go. he's a **** good TE but he will be a cap casualty.

tipp78 (2/6/2008)
Give him a break I kinda flipped when i saw that too, but I lived in England for 3 years and for some reason that sounds like some word they would use with no intention of offending or anything.

if you referring to the word "CAP CASULATY" then check out the article

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/FORUMS/Topic3179606-45-1.aspx

dsgbncali (2/6/2008)
tipp78 (2/6/2008)
Give him a break I kinda flipped when i saw that too, but I lived in England for 3 years and for some reason that sounds like some word they would use with no intention of offending or anything.

if you referring to the word "CAP CASULATY" then check out the article

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/FORUMS/Topic3179606-45-1.aspx

I'm pretty sure the quote thing is busted....cuz im pretty sure you didnt mean to quote me haha

I have to agree with you because the guy can still get it done. If used correctly, he take some pressure off of our WRs and create some one-on-ones. If they still shade the safeties over to cover the WR, Alge will go one-on-one with LBs and that is a matchup I like. I think our staff will see that and keep him. I think we are gonna get rid of dunn and gandy but not alge.

REV.2000 (2/6/2008)
UK Falcon (2/6/2008)
Niggly - more of a UK phrase. It means an injury, that isnt serious, and takes a week or two to recover from.

IF THIS IS UK HUMOR ........ I'M NOT LAUGHING:angry:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/niggling calm down it's a real word.

As for Alge: we'd be stupid as **** to get rid of him. He looked a little slower and out of shape a couple times this past year, but he's still the best pass-catcher the Falcons have had in a long time, probably since Mathis. Top 3 TE in the NFL when he's healthy. CRUMP IS THE MAN.

UK Falcon (2/6/2008)

He has had a few niggly injuries, but he is one the ELITE tight ends in the game when he is being used as he should.

Madness I tell you!

Dude this guy is smart. And he's only a newbie. Finally a quality post.

I agree with what he just said.

UK Falcon (2/6/2008)
It means I think Alge is a top player ........

In response to the column in AJC, that he could be one of the high salary casualties.

There not going to get rid of him, Why? they hire Mike Malarkey, he was a tight end, he coached tight ends before he became a offensive coordinator. Sooey Boy didn't have a clue how to use Alge and harrington left him out to dry a lot of times. Alge is going to be the one of the ones they definatly keep. I bet our offense will have be very Alge friendly. Petrinos sure wasn't. ;)

Also the AJC sometimes writes crap where the only thing its good for is to wipe your azz with it. :P

UK Falcon (2/6/2008)

Madness I tell you!

JMO, it all depends on his knees. If they are going to hamper him for the rest of his career & keep him from ever playing at close to 100%, it may be time to look at moving on. Crump was one of the best, but even still you don't want to hold on too long to past performance.

UK Falcon (2/6/2008)

Madness I tell you!

By your first point, we shouldn't get rid of Jenkins because hes a gamewinner, although he wins games for the other team by giving their cbs INT from the palms of his hands.

Joshua Affonso (2/6/2008)
Alge is overwieght and injury prone. He also got a big mouth last year and then lacked production. He was great a few years ago but he is now ineffective.

He should be trade bait.

overweight? Hardly, he seemed very effective when he was actually used.

injury prone? He was hurt once.

He had a big mouth? You mean he dissed Petrino for his terrible scheme that under used him and for his attitude. We all see how that turned out.

lacked production? Look how Petrino used him, a 4 yard in or out joke of a TE at best. When ET and Hue took over, he was huge for us.

I have a hard time thinking they get rid of Crump this year. He has had one unproductive year in the last 4, and that was due to his knee injury. With the offseason to heal up completely, hopefully he will be back to form.

Yes he does make a lot of money. But unless the Falcons cut Dunn, Brooking, Horn, and several of the O-lineman, and still want to cut more from the cap, I don't see them cutting Crumpler.

A young QB's best friend is a good TE. I think they give him another year, and perhaps begin trying to develop one of the other guys into his eventual replacement. If he sucks next year, then dump him.