Scary Numbers for Your GOP Party

DomeGnome

Yep. bush killed the GOP.

Never mind worrying about Mac or Mitt or Huck. If you're in the GOP you better start worrying about this.

Here are the numbers just for the 19 states where both parties had elections yesterday

Obama/Clinton voters: 14,460,149

McCain/Romney/Huckabee voters: 8,367,694

Or, 73% more Democratic voters than Republican voters.

Ouch. That's gotta hurt and it had states running right down the center of the country.

The Dems got out 6+ million more voters yesterday.

:)

I don't care about GOP vs DEM turnout nearly as much as I care about total turnout.

It disgusts me that 4 out of 10 registered voters turn out, and that's considered EARTH-SHAKINGLY VOLUMINOUS. We ALL spend so much time bi#ching about the government but less than half of us actually bother to participate.

:angry:

morphy (2/6/2008)
So basically everyone is stupidly following the Democrats like sheep instead of following the GOP like sheep? Wow, good news! :rolleyes:

Yes. Casting a vote for one of the two political parties in the United States two party system is following like sheep. I should have done a write in vote for myself...that would prove alot.

DomeGnome (2/6/2008)
So what will it mean in the general election if 70% more Dems. than Repubs. show up in the General election?

What kind of effect will that have on Congress/Local elections?

Is there any concern at all out there from the Republicans?

Dems probably break even or lose a few seats in the House (they won a lot of red districts in 2006), but gain 4-7 Senate seats.

2008 is shaping up to be a horrible year for GOPers in the Senate.

octoslash (2/6/2008)

I don't care about GOP vs DEM turnout nearly as much as I care about total turnout.

It disgusts me that 4 out of 10 registered voters turn out, and that's considered EARTH-SHAKINGLY VOLUMINOUS. We ALL spend so much time bi#ching about the government but less than half of us actually bother to participate.

:angry:

Although I agree with you, I don't think your comment is 100% accurate. Considering many states only let you vote at primaries if you are registered Democrat/Republican, I'm sure alot of people can't vote, cause they registered as independent, or undecided, or any of the other options. I would like to vote in Colorado's primaries, but I can't, for this exact reason.

Steve_Bartkowski (2/8/2008)
thesouphead (2/8/2008)
fan_since_1966 (2/8/2008)
I am a Democrat but I will not vote for Obama if nominated, (he's a bigger airhead than Bush) I will vote for Mccain

this is the first time I have seen anybody criticize Obama's intelligence. why do you say this?

I question Obama's intelligence for thinking that what this country needs is more taxes and more spending. I think Harvard should demand their degree back.

So anyone who supports liberal policies is a dolt.

Nice.

Although i agree the democratic base is more energized, one of the main reasons for their higher turnout is because of a closer race and the media has been hyping their race up more. Indpependents are registering for the democratic side to support Obama. And a lot of conservatives aren't showing up in the primaries, but I think will in the election.

I think McCain still holds a big advantage in a contest vs. Clinton, because those indies that are going to vote for Obama would vote for Mccain over Clinton. Already early polls are showing that. If it's Obama vs. McCain, Obama would be a heavy favorite.

You know at our Superbowl party, of about 30 people here, 20 were Democrats the rest GOP, of the 20 most support Hillary but if she does not get the nomination all agreed they would vote for McCain, so needless to say there wasn't much heated political debate.

Obama may be book smart, who knows, but he seems to lack common sense, thats why from now on he is the "Airhead" He is like a bag of cotton candy, all fluff and no substance.

All I hear is about his "Leadership" What? you have got to be joking. I have studied his bio, no real leadership there.

And of course, "Change". Hillarys platform offers more in real change in health care and education. He beats her in personality but not head to head on issues.

Look maybe in 2016, get more experience Barack and then we will see.

DomeGnome (2/6/2008)

Never mind worrying about Mac or Mitt or Huck. If you're in the GOP you better start worrying about this.

Here are the numbers just for the 19 states where both parties had elections yesterday

Ouch. That's gotta hurt and it had states running right down the center of the country.

Yaa it basically says, YOUR GOING TO LOSE.:P

Suppo81 (2/8/2008)
Although i agree the democratic base is more energized, one of the main reasons for their higher turnout is because of a closer race and the media has been hyping their race up more. Indpependents are registering for the democratic side to support Obama. And a lot of conservatives aren't showing up in the primaries, but I think will in the election.

I think McCain still holds a big advantage in a contest vs. Clinton, because those indies that are going to vote for Obama would vote for Mccain over Clinton. Already early polls are showing that. If it's Obama vs. McCain, Obama would be a heavy favorite.

You have to consider the national mood, as well. McCain has the best shot at appealing to independents, but he still has an uphill battle. On all of the major issues, independents trust Dems more than Reps. Despite the success of the surge, independents also heavily oppose the war, which is the one issue that McCain is best known for. Generally, independents are leaning 2-1 in favor of Dems because of what they view as a poor performance by a GOP president. And the economy heading into the crapper only reinforces all of this.

I'm not saying that McCain is a sure loser. I AM saying that all GOP candidates will enter teh race with a disadvantage, even if McCain's disadvantage is smaller than other GOP candidates.

Steve_Bartkowski (2/9/2008)
nativefalcon (2/9/2008)
DomeGnome (2/6/2008)

Yaa it basically says, YOUR GOING TO LOSE.:P

Notice that Obama won a lot of the southern/red states? Hillary doesn't have a very good reputation in those parts of the country. I think a lot of voters felt more strongly about voting AGAINST Hillary than they did voting FOR any Republican candidate. Hillary will garner lots of anti-Hillary votes no matter who she runs against. Many of those 6 million (Obama) voters will switch over to the Republican side if Hillary gets nominated. Bank on it.

You want to bet on that? We'll see in November. I know alot of people that they are just voting democrat, they don't care who gets it.;)