Matt Ryan

Falconsfan110

I personally dont really know if Matt Ryan is going to be a good NFL QB. None of us do yet, but think about this. He played at Boston College, and our new GM came from the Boston area. Plus, he was a director of college scouting at his old job, and apparently did a very good job at it considering hee came from one of the best teams in the NFL. Like I said, I'm not saying Matt Ryan is going to be a great NFL QB, but I would think Dimitroff has seen plenty on this kid, and is going to have a whole lot better of an idea than the rest of us will about wether or not he is worth taking with our first round top five pick if he is available, so let's jus wait and see how it plays out before we all go crazy about the Falcons taking him.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Falconsfan110 (2/6/2008)
I personally dont really know if Matt Ryan is going to be a good NFL QB. None of us do yet, but think about this. He played at Boston College, and our new GM came from the Boston area. Plus, he was a director of college scouting at his old job, and apparently did a very good job at it considering hee came from one of the best teams in the NFL. Like I said, I'm not saying Matt Ryan is going to be a great NFL QB, but I would think Dimitroff has seen plenty on this kid, and is going to have a whole lot better of an idea than the rest of us will about wether or not he is worth taking with our first round top five pick if he is available, so let's jus wait and see how it plays out before we all go crazy about the Falcons taking him.

Thomas actually lived in colorado recently and visited boston for work occasionally.

No Matt Ryan!!NONONONONOONONONONONONONNNONONONONONNONONONOOONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to fill in the trenches first or we will have the same problem over and over again.Matt already said at the end of the regular colege season that he did NOT want to come here.Why would you want to draft a Joey Harrington clone that doesn't want to come here??

Why would you even ask me if i work for his agent?

I didnt say we should draft him. I'm just saying our new GM used to be the director of college scouting for the best team in the NFL, and will have a whole lot better idea of wether Matt Ryan will be a good NFL QB than what any of us do. Personally, I trust Dimitroff's decision wether he wants to draft him with our first round pick or wether he doesn't.

I think there is a good reason almost every analyst says he should be a top 5 pick. However, I also trust Dimitroff if he doesn't think he is a top 5 pick, and wants to go with a Flacco, Henne, or David-Booty in the second round.

rogueleadersf (2/6/2008)
No Matt Ryan!!NONONONONOONONONONONONONNNONONONONONNONONONOOONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to fill in the trenches first or we will have the same problem over and over again.Matt already said at the end of the regular colege season that he did NOT want to come here.Why would you want to draft a Joey Harrington clone that doesn't want to come here??

The didnt want to come here is rumor-joke.Trenches can be filled with picks.You cant fill trenches with one pick.

bigduke633 (2/6/2008)
rogueleadersf (2/6/2008)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The didnt want to come here is rumor-joke.Trenches can be filled with picks.You cant fill trenches with one pick.

It's not a rumor or joke.I saw it myself.After a game at the end of the season(college),He was interviewed and asked about the draft and possible teams he could go to.Atlanta was mentioned and he said we were a mess and didn't want to come here.That's fact.We should trade a later pick for a QB or pick up one later in the draft.Use early picks for the d and o line.No one will be worth a **** if we don't beef up the o line.

rogueleadersf (2/6/2008)
bigduke633 (2/6/2008)
rogueleadersf (2/6/2008)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not a rumor or joke.I saw it myself.After a game at the end of the season(college),He was interviewed and asked about the draft and possible teams he could go to.Atlanta was mentioned and he said we were a mess and didn't want to come here.That's fact.We should trade a later pick for a QB or pick up one later in the draft.Use early picks for the d and o line.No one will be worth a **** if we don't beef up the o line.

We are a mess.....right?Nobody wants to come here.They will have a ton of interviews.The only thing more immature than saying you dont want to come here is believeing money will not get you here.I dont knowif he is worth a high pick but to pretend you do is a guess.If your thomas and hes the answer you make it happen.There will be a ton of coverage about this and he will throw the joke card while he puckers up and kisses butte.Who wants to play for miami?Nobody!Who wants to get paid 35 million signing bonus by miami?Everybody.

rogueleadersf (2/6/2008)
bigduke633 (2/6/2008)
rogueleadersf (2/6/2008)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was the ACC championship game & one announcer was talking about his interview with Ryan during the week before the game & made the comment, you know I live in Atlanta, and the Falcons need a QB. After a pause, Bob Griese, the other commentator for the game, as a joke said "yeah, and Ryan said No Thanks". Those comments have been twisted around on this board so much that people think that Ryan actually said it. You sure you were watching?

Exactly,people have agendas.I dont dislike or hug ryan but I would like to see a impartial evaluation done.I have heard people say he said it after the VT game on thursday night football.Its all crap.If you want to be drafted top 5 do you think your going to play for a great team?I heard he studied at a madrasssa in pakistan and is a 49ers fan blah blah blah.

rogueleadersf (2/6/2008)
bigduke633 (2/6/2008)
rogueleadersf (2/6/2008)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually i remember what everyone was blowing up about... but i don't remember him actually ever saying he didn't want to goto Atlanta.. i remember hearing that is what people INFERRED from the comment.. Id like to see direct quotes to jog my memory... now i would like to have Matt Ryan but not with a top 5 pick... the guy who said Matt Ryan is a Clone of Joey Noodle is a freaking joke... you must just be ******** so we will leave it at that... now lets let TD run the draft and see how it plays out... i have more faith in him picking the right person then any person on this MB... whether its ellis... Long... Ryan... If he feels one of them is right... so be it...

grendel (2/6/2008)
How about this take?

Mike Mayock is a BC Alum. Mayock started saying Matt Ryan was the next big thing, and suddenly everyone started repeating it and pushed his draft stock up to the top QB spot, despite his stats and in-game performance looking more like those of a 3rd round pick.

I like brohm more than ryan.Mayock isnt the only one pushing ryan though.Its only starting.The qb push up thru draft day is huge.Half the people cussing ryan now will be begging for him after the hype.

Robb4242 (2/6/2008)
rogueleadersf (2/6/2008)
bigduke633 (2/6/2008)
rogueleadersf (2/6/2008)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was the ACC championship game & one announcer was talking about his interview with Ryan during the week before the game & made the comment, you know I live in Atlanta, and the Falcons need a QB. After a pause, Bob Griese, the other commentator for the game, as a joke said "yeah, and Ryan said No Thanks". Those comments have been twisted around on this board so much that people think that Ryan actually said it. You sure you were watching?

Whatever you think was said or what I think was said,He is not worth a high pick.We have more pressing issues than a mediocre QB for a high first round pick.He looks like a poor man's clone of Joey.Is that what we need here,..now.??

grendel (2/6/2008)
How about this take?

Mike Mayock is a BC Alum. Mayock started saying Matt Ryan was the next big thing, and suddenly everyone started repeating it and pushed his draft stock up to the top QB spot, despite his stats and in-game performance looking more like those of a 3rd round pick.

So because I think Matt Ryan is a Joey wannabe and will not amount to much behind an inept oline that we have,I'm ********.F u.Just because people have different opinions from yours,there's no reason to resort to name calling.Grow up.

For the idiot that keeps comparing Matt Ryan to Joey.... THEY ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE.... thats such a cop out to make your argument look pretty... I personally would rather have Henne but comparing Ryan to Harrington is just absolutely ridicalous... the guy has a beautiful deep ball... doesn't fold under pressure... and carried a team that had crappy talent at all the skill positions on offense to a 10 win season... I think people are getting a little crazy with this Matt Ryan thing and talking him down... get over it guys and see how the draft plays out..

Petrino is NOT my hero (2/6/2008)
For the idiot that keeps comparing Matt Ryan to Joey.... THEY ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE.... thats such a cop out to make your argument look pretty... I personally would rather have Henne but comparing Ryan to Harrington is just absolutely ridicalous... the guy has a beautiful deep ball... doesn't fold under pressure... and carried a team that had crappy talent at all the skill positions on offense to a 10 win season... I think people are getting a little crazy with this Matt Ryan thing and talking him down... get over it guys and see how the draft plays out..

If you think taking Matt that early instead of drafting D OR OLINE is a good decision,then you sir are an idiot.Matt will be a mediocre QB at best,and a terrible one behind our CURRENT oline.

I completely agree with you, Petrino is NOT my hero. I actually like Ryan, but I could be wrong. There is a reason, though, that myself and everyone else is on here typing our opinion and TD gets paid a lot more than any of us to be our team's GM. I trust his opinion and know there is a reason I'm not getting paid to make these decisions.

rogueleadersf (2/6/2008)

If you think taking Matt that early instead of drafting D OR OLINE is a good decision,then you sir are an idiot.Matt will be a mediocre QB at best,and a terrible one behind our CURRENT oline.

Ah good ol reading... what i put in this post and the post earlier is that I would like to have ryan but not with a top 5 pick... now you in no way elaborated on your comparison of Matt Ryan to Joey Harrington which obviously shows you just did that for show (Talk about Hypocrite)... and you also ignored the fact that we don't know what our O-line is going to look like next season... we also don't even know if any QB we draft whether its the second or 1st would even play next year.... deaming him a mediocre QB because you don't like him for personal reasons im guessing a little immature.. hopefully you at least watched him play in 5 or so games... but **** you are just going to lie and say you did so what does it matter... IF TD feels like the right choice is to draft Matt Ryan with a top 5 pick... then you know what... i will just sit back and agree with him... cause he has a little more experience doing this then you... but i will wait till the pick comes on draft day to do that.... Chad Henne in the late second would be a good pick though

rogueleadersf (2/6/2008)

We MUST get o and d line help.We do not need to invest that much in an unproven QB at the NFL level.I would much rather us make a trade or just keep who we have for another year and wait til next year for a QB.The QBS in this draft just aren't worth that high of a pick,not with everything else we need.

What are you talking about? We would be crazy to keep the QBs we have or draft one next year. The ones we ghave showed this season they are average, at best. And have you seen next year's draft class? The QB's coming out next year are definately not any better than this year's.

And yes, we do need OL & DL help. However, this draft class is VERY deep in both OL & RB. We have an early and mid round second. We can get OL help in FA and in the secound round and later. I wouldnt have a problem taking a DT with our first pick ,although I odant want to. No way do I want OL with our first pick, though, when we can address it in later rounds and FA for a lot less money.