Mora To Coach Seattle in '09

bozoatl

When the Seahawks hired Jim Mora, I wondered if they were going to groom him to replace Holmgren. And, that has been the speculation this year. Now it's official. He is the HC in waiting. Good deal for him - another shot at HC, plus he's a Washington native. It'll be interesting to see how he does without having a 'coach killer' on his team. We'll see how good he actually is. Interesting, though, that they can go ahead and name him the successor. What about the Rooney rule?

The only "coach killer" was the coach.

He will learn how to be a headcoach from Mike H. and not make the same mistakes he made in Atl. besides he will not have the same assistants or players so how can you compare the 2. Oh I see you just want to say it was all Vick's fault right? talkk about not letting it go. He could have been a good coach for the falcons if he had changed his staff (co-ordinators).

birdonawire (2/6/2008)

He will learn how to be a headcoach from Mike H. and not make the same mistakes he made in Atl. besides he will not have the same assistants or players so how can you compare the 2. Oh I see you just want to say it was all Vick's fault right? talkk about not letting it go. He could have been a good coach for the falcons if he had changed his staff (co-ordinators).

I was in NO WAY assaulting Vick. It was Mora the elder who made the 'coach killer' comment. It was MV who took the team (Reeves' team) to the playoffs. My point is that he will inherit a solid team in SEA, but no real superstars. He'll have to coach his way to success. And I totally agree about his coordinators being his downfall, I have posted that opinion many times in TATF. This post was not negative, and not really a positive, more just an observation. You're a little too paranoid about YKW.

I think the main downfall of Jim Mora was Gregg Knapp. I really didn't have an issue with any of the other coaches. Even our D wasn't all that bad. But Knapp's offensive calls screwed us time and time again. The guy has the football sense of an avacado. Good luck to ya Jim!

bozoatl (2/6/2008)
birdonawire (2/6/2008)

I was in NO WAY assaulting Vick. It was Mora the elder who made the 'coach killer' comment. It was MV who took the team (Reeves' team) to the playoffs. My point is that he will inherit a solid team in SEA, but no real superstars. He'll have to coach his way to success. And I totally agree about his coordinators being his downfall, I have posted that opinion many times in TATF. This post was not negative, and not really a positive, more just an observation. You're a little too paranoid about YKW.

And 1 statement tells you I am paranoid about Vick. It was an interpretation of your post mr "know how my mind works" , the phrase "coach killa" and Vick have been associated together so much that it does not take any effort at all to believe that was who you were talking about. If I was wrong then I am wrong you seem to have the problem when Vick is mentioned not me.

I'm glad for coach Mora. I think that he was failed by a roster that was more and more talent deficient each year after 2004. We all lamented Gregg Knapp's play calling, but the offensive line demonstrated the last two years that it couldn't block. What plays can any offensive coordinator call when their line can't block? In Seattle Mora is re-united with Tim Ruskell, who was the brains behind McKay's talent evaluations. I think it's a great move by the Seahawks.

birdonawire (2/6/2008)
bozoatl (2/6/2008)

And 1 statement tells you I am paranoid about Vick. It was an interpretation of your post mr "know how my mind works" , the phrase "coach killa" and Vick have been associated together so much that it does not take any effort at all to believe that was who you were talking about. If I was wrong then I am wrong you seem to have the problem when Vick is mentioned not me.

PMS?