This Mock just jumped out when I saw the GBN New rankings today ...

Draftnut57

Last updated: February 4, 2008

I just now threw this Mock together from todays new GBN Rankings , I to think if we mainly work on our Trenches this team could make the playoffs in 2008.

FA pick ups , DT Corey Williams , Best OT and G available in Facy should be gotten , and we do have the money to do this.

Pick...Rank...Name

1.5....6.......Sedric Ellis DT 6-2, 295 USC.........Can't miss Stud DT

2.34...43.....Carl Nicks OT 6-5, 335 Nebraska..Starting OT

2.48...57.....Joe Flacco QB 6-5, 230 Delaware...Sky is the limit

3.69...74....*Kevin Smith RB 6-1, 212 Central Florida..Underrated!!!

4.101..111...Darrell Robertson DE 6-5, 265 Georgia T..The STeal of draft.

4.139...142..Ben Moffitt LB 6-1, 240 S F.. Great Character hard worker.

5.144...148..Drew Radovich OG 6-5, 325 USC.. Out played Baker at S Bowl.

6.190...199..Marcus Walker CB 5-11, 198, 4.45 .......Fast deal on wheels

7.228...234..Thomas Brown RB 5-10, 205, 4.48..........Steal this

7.246...250.. Best Kicker K Best Kicker left , several very close

I saw this great little Mock sticking out into my face and had to thrwo this one out here. To good to pass up/

papikaika (2/5/2008)
I like everything up until Ben Moffit. He`s a heck of a player, but that article about him leaving his child and girlfriend really irked me. IMO, that`s NOT 'great character'

I havn't read anything even closeto that , He has 2 children BTW and is Married. I'd like ot see that Link . Everything I've read said he is one of the hardest workers you will ever see and is a Good Farther to his children.

I guess this will be my Feb Mock since I made it , I wasn't planning on making one untill after the combines , I guess I'll have one per month .

Draftnut57 (2/5/2008)
papikaika (2/5/2008)
I like everything up until Ben Moffit. He`s a heck of a player, but that article about him leaving his child and girlfriend really irked me. IMO, that`s NOT 'great character'

I havn't read anything even closeto that , He has 2 children BTW and is Married. I'd like ot see that Link . Everything I've read said he is one of the hardest workers you will ever see and is a Good Farther to his children.

I guess this will be my Feb Mock since I made it , I wasn't planning on making one untill after the combines , I guess I'll have one per month .

I definetly saw that article too. I'll try to find a link.

I hate to compair players , but for real I think Smith is a poor mans D Mc. Only problem Smith has is his speed , but he makes up for it with his vision and smooth and powerful running style .

I do like Forte also, and that is a close call, but from what I've seen , Smith is more of a Natural Runner.

WEll, I have no idea, but there may be more to this story than any of us know , and I'm sure there is , But he is 23 and she is 26 . WE shouldn't judge the guy untill we know the whole story . He might be working hard for the combines so he can support them better . The truth will come out at the combines , we'll just have to hope for the best with him.

Draftnut57 (2/5/2008)

I just now threw this Mock together from todays new GBN Rankings , I to think if we mainly work on our Trenches this team could make the playoffs in 2008.

FA pick ups , DT Corey Williams , Best OT and G available in Facy should be gotten , and we do have the money to do this.

Pick...Rank...Name

I saw this great little Mock sticking out into my face and had to thrwo this one out here. To good to pass up/

JMO Flacco scares the heck out of me and I'd hate to have to count on him panning out. If we had a guy in place or think we sign a solid QB in FA, then I'd be ok with drafting him & hoping he turns into at worst a Matt Schaub/Billy Volek type excellent backup with starting potential. But having to count on him being our QB of the future, there are just too many question marks for me to be comfortable with that based on what I've seen thus far.

Kevin Smith, you say underrated, I say overrated. He's another guy I really don't think is going to be "the man" at the NFL level. I think he'll do ok as a 2nd back, not really a 2 back system, but just as a backup.

JMO anyway. Glad to see you have OT Collins off of your mock now.

Just FYI on Moffitt as well. I came across this just a minute ago, it's a report on him from the senior bowl.

South Florida linebacker Ben Moffitt's week in Mobile, Ala. may not have been the most eye-opening of all on the field, but he wasn't too shabby. One of his coaches didn't even know his name, instead referring to him as the "white kid" at linebacker. The biggest news surrounding Moffitt is coming from his time off of the field, where his wife, Shauna, was docked 10 hours of pay from the school district that she works for. Moffitt's wife admitted to writing nearly every single paper for her husband during his time at USF, which clearly brings along concerns about his character to scouts. You can bet your tail that he will have a lot of explaining to do at the Combine!

Carter (2/6/2008)
I don't like Flacco too much and I really hate waiting to take a kicker with our 2nd pick in the 7th. We need to get a good kicker and put an end to our issues there... not just wait until a throw-away pick to take whoever is there.
JMO, kickers don't get drafted that often. If we wait until the 2nd pick of the 7th round, at worst there will have been 2 kickers drafted before that. There are at least 4 solid kickers in this draft, 2 will most likely go undrafted. There is probably another 1 or 2 that will have a shot to make a roster as well. I think we'll be ok taking a kicker late. Carmody almost definitely will be there in the 7th and as an UDFA, Serna as well. Taylor Mehlhaff, maybe the strongest leg in the draft should be there too.

Draftnut57 (2/6/2008)

WEll, I have no idea, but there may be more to this story than any of us know , and I'm sure there is , But he is 23 and she is 26 . WE shouldn't judge the guy untill we know the whole story . He might be working hard for the combines so he can support them better . The truth will come out at the combines , we'll just have to hope for the best with him.

If he has to get a new cell # then that means she's probably crazy as ****........which most of them are (did I just say that?)

I won't comment on the QB choice, because I stink at picking QB's. I like what your mock delivers.

I would go a little further and try to trade D Hall for the opportunity to draft Kenny Phillips. I think that if we move to a Cover-2-heavy scheme, we should have our star FS in place.

Robb4242 (2/6/2008)
Draftnut57 (2/5/2008)

Pick...Rank...Name

JMO Flacco scares the heck out of me and I'd hate to have to count on him panning out. If we had a guy in place or think we sign a solid QB in FA, then I'd be ok with drafting him & hoping he turns into at worst a Matt Schaub/Billy Volek type excellent backup with starting potential. But having to count on him being our QB of the future, there are just too many question marks for me to be comfortable with that based on what I've seen thus far.

Kevin Smith, you say underrated, I say overrated. He's another guy I really don't think is going to be "the man" at the NFL level. I think he'll do ok as a 2nd back, not really a 2 back system, but just as a backup.

JMO anyway. Glad to see you have OT Collins off of your mock now.

WEll, what i would love to happen is for us to trade Hall for one of clev QBs and then take that extra pick and get a CB , there are some good ones . But I do think Flacco has what it takes if we don't get a Vet QB .

I have a ton of players at the positions we need ranked very close and many tied for that matter. But this is where the combines come in to affect , that is the best tie breaker you can get , a lot will be learned about the person and his condition , Speed and strength . I have learned threw the years which of these measurables should be taken into consideration when choosing players.

I'm very excited about all the picks and the depth at OT and RB , I also think there will be a few deals at LBer in this draft , Leman from Ill. could be a sleeper . I worked for his first cousin a couple of weeks ago and he told me a lot about him.

One more thing , If we do get a Vet QB then I'd like to take that 2nd rd pick and get LBer Lofton from Oklahoma , I already have a slot for CB anyway. And if we wanted to we could use the Moffit pick for somthing else If we did get Lofton in the 2nd and a Vet QB.

WE could even take Josh Johnson with that Moffit pick if we got Lofton , I really like JJ . I think he may be the best late rd QB . That would just be some insurance at the QB position. If he turned out to be a great QB then we could either keep him or trade him in a few for higher picks like we did Schaub.

I'd like to fit Shannon Boatman into the late rounds. He has a ton of talent buy has been held back by injuries. If we really get lucky, he could end up as a free agent rookie.

Also, Nicks is a nice specimen, but would he be a better OG than OT in the NFL? If so, even better. Our OL is weakest along the interior.

Robb4242 (2/6/2008)
JMO, kickers don't get drafted that often. If we wait until the 2nd pick of the 7th round, at worst there will have been 2 kickers drafted before that. There are at least 4 solid kickers in this draft, 2 will most likely go undrafted. There is probably another 1 or 2 that will have a shot to make a roster as well. I think we'll be ok taking a kicker late. Carmody almost definitely will be there in the 7th and as an UDFA, Serna as well. Taylor Mehlhaff, maybe the strongest leg in the draft should be there too.

That is an unreasonable risk, if you ask me. We have a serious issue at kicker and you're comfortable to just see who's left after the cream of the crop gets taken?

I don't understand how you can expect the position to get fixed if we just keep bringing in crapshoot kickers and then calling Mort. We need the best kicker in this draft.