Cover 2

jidady

Now that everyone is back in the habit of checking PF again (I missed you guys!), can one of you help me out with something? I've seen several people say we're running the cover-2 now. When all of the coaching hires were announced, I was a bit under the weather, so I apparently missed this at some point along the way. Can one of you link me or cut and paste the comments made about our running this scheme now? Is it Smith's idea or VanGorder's or TD's?

jidady (2/5/2008)
Now that everyone is back in the habit of checking PF again (I missed you guys!), can one of you help me out with something? I've seen several people say we're running the cover-2 now. When all of the coaching hires were announced, I was a bit under the weather, so I apparently missed this at some point along the way. Can one of you link me or cut and paste the comments made about our running this scheme now? Is it Smith's idea or VanGorder's or TD's?
everyone just assumed since Smith ran a varied form of the cover 2 in JaK and BVG Base was a Cover 2 at UGA so everyone just assumed that we would go to a cover 2 if I have it right.

jidady (2/6/2008)
See, that was my thought. If we are transitioning to cover-2, our secondary personnel are backwards. Our best two are speed/press/physical guys. But if this is a long term goal, I guess we can work it out over time.

I still think it will have alot to do with what we do with hall. Irons, houston, grimes williams woulds all work well in a cover 2 scheme but hall is a man cover.

ugadawg (2/7/2008)
jidady (2/6/2008)
See, that was my thought. If we are transitioning to cover-2, our secondary personnel are backwards. Our best two are speed/press/physical guys. But if this is a long term goal, I guess we can work it out over time.

I still think it will have alot to do with what we do with hall. Irons, houston, grimes williams woulds all work well in a cover 2 scheme but hall is a man cover.

Houston and Irons also prefer man coverage. They both are better at it than zone. They were picked because they are simular to Hall.