what would you do as president?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Bring our troops home from Iraq

2. Beef up our Borders from coast to coast and from Mexico to Canada.

3. Lower the Drinking age to 18, If you can goto war at 18 and come back from war, I think they deserve a drink

4. Legalize Pot, Only for buying at a store or medical clinic...You can also only have up to 1oz of pot on you, more then that you will get a fine.

5. Raise the driving age to 18, 16 yrs old is just to young to drive a car by yourself.

6. Raise the Driving prement to 16 and make them have it for more then 1 year.

7. Get rid of Federal Taxes, the only tax you should be forced are state taxes.

Twinblade (2/5/2008)
1. Bring our troops home from Iraq

2. Beef up our Borders from coast to coast and from Mexico to Canada.

3. Lower the Drinking age to 18, If you can goto war at 18 and come back from war, I think they deserve a drink

4. Legalize Pot, Only for buying at a store or medical clinic...You can also only have up to 1oz of pot on you, more then that you will get a fine.

5. Raise the driving age to 18, 16 yrs old is just to young to drive a car by yourself.

6. Raise the Driving prement to 16 and make them have it for more then 1 year.

7. Get rid of Federal Taxes, the only tax you should be forced are state taxes.

1. Agree

2. Mostly Agree, I would focus on the Mexican border before worrying about the Canadian immigrant problem.

3. Agree

4. Agree

5. Agree

6. Agree

7. Agree

1. Bring the majority of troops in Iraq home and leave a small fighting force behind to patrol the Iraqi border and provide assistance to Iraqi military as needed.

2. Do away with the Department of Homeland Security. Take money that would have gone to this department and put in back toward the FBI and CIA.

3. Hire and train more immigration agents to enforce immigration laws that are already on the books.

4. Set a date for all passenger vehicles in the U.S. to run on alternative fuels.

5. Do away with no No Child Left Behind, and let states determine the best way to teach their children.

1. GRADUALLY reduce the troop levels in Iraq and Afganistan. Look we screwed up going there in the first place but if we just leave now its really gonna come back to bite us. Also get Iran to quit screwing around or there gonna get some....I wouldnt occupy I would just bomb them back to the stone age.:cool:

2. Cut Nasa funding...we really dont have the money for this type of thing right now....just make sure you keep the tv satelites up there!

Also we need to invade another country...I'm getting bored.

1. WIN the war.

2. Fight like **** to enact the Fair Tax, and at the very least, try it for 10 years.

3. Change the education system into an incentive-based merit structure, and empower local governments to decide whether to outlaw teachers' unions in their schools.

4. Create a national lottery whereby winners take home hundreds of millions, and the proceeds go to the conversion of combustion automobile engines to hydogen power.

5. Put Coca-Cola in all the water fountains.

ty down (2/5/2008)
Cut all the senators pay in half, to bring back a little humanity to the higher powers.

Good one!

I concur. They give themselves too many pay raises. What kind of Animal Farm BS is that?!?

To add I would also cut back on their retirement packages as well.

octoslash (2/6/2008)
1. WIN the war.

2. Fight like **** to enact the Fair Tax, and at the very least, try it for 10 years.

3. Change the education system into an incentive-based merit structure, and empower local governments to decide whether to outlaw teachers' unions in their schools.

4. Create a national lottery whereby winners take home hundreds of millions, and the proceeds go to the conversion of combustion automobile engines to hydogen power.

5. Put Coca-Cola in all the water fountains.

1. WIN the war.

You can't really win a war against an ideology, you can only protect yourself as best you can.

Here's how I would do it: Give the Iraqi government a strict timeline to to get their s##t together and run and secure their own government. There's no incentive for them to sack up and take care of their own business when good ol' Uncle Sam is going bankrupt and being bled dry doing it for them. 18 months and we're out.

Move the fighting of terrorism from a forward military job to an intelligence and SOF job. Take out the actual terrorists with our best and bravest. Destroying entire nations to eliminate a hand full of radicals only creates more radicals and bankrupts the nation trying to control populations half way around the world.

Secrure the borders. With deadly force if necessary. That includes Canada. If you wanted to get ANYTHING into this country, I can litterally walk to places on the Canadian border where you can step from a road parallelling the border on the Canadian side to a road parallelling it on the U.S. side.

2. Fight like **** to completely eliminate the Income Tax. We could have a Federal Government funded to 2000 levels of spending with only taxes collected from corporations and current exise taxes. You want to see our econom grow? Take away ANY tax burden on earnings and watch it explode.

3. Pass a balanced budget amendment. No budget shall ever be proposed without the funds in the bank to completely cover it. This falls in line with number 2 above. Only spend the money you have, and DON'T STEAL FROM THE WORKERS to pay for more.

4. Change the education system to a voucher system. Let parents use their vouchers to send their kids to the school of their choice (so long as that school taught a core curriculum). P##s poor schools would get weeded out by the market.

Remove from the DOE any power other than to develop the "Core Curriculum" and standards of measurement to ensure the schools are producing quality students.

5. Enact an Energy Independence initiative paid for by concumption taxes on fossil fuels AND from a National Lottery. The goal is energy independence by 2020 and complete fossil fuel independence by 2040. Here's how I would do that:

Follow the solar guidlines laid out in A Grand Solar Plan. Solar is the largets, most predictable energy sourse in this country. The backbone of our energy plan would rely on solar power from the southwest and southeast.

Provide initiatives for commercial developers of wind, tidal/wave, and geothermal energy.

Allow development of new nuclear facilities.

Provide initiatives to home producers of electricity that would allow them to recoup their investment within 5 years. Also, have mandatory utility tie-ins so that local utilities have to allow home producers to sell their exess energy to the public grid if they want. Eliminate any wattage restrictions to grid-tie. If a home producer can crank out 10Kw of power, they should be able to feed every exess watt to the grid.

Provide funding to energy storage research. Storing excess power for later use will be priority number 1.

Provide MASSIVE incentives for pure electric vehicles. 2/3 of all of our fossil fuel gets burned to drag us around in cars. Replaing our fleet of IC cars to EVs over the next 15 years would basically remove our energy imports all by itself.

Once America has led the way on "green" energy independence, export this knowledge and equipment to the rest of the world. Become the Saudi Arabia of sustainable energy.

6. Reform the healtcare system. Don't know of a good way to do this, but socialized healthcare ain't the way to do it.

I'll just have to find someone smarter than me to fix this train wreck.

7. Put IBC Root Beer in all the fountains.

1. Hire AEN as Chief of Staff, etifan as Secretary of State, Octoslash as Secretary of Defense, Ramen as my chief researcher, holymoses as Secretary of Fabulous, and snake as Secretary of Communications.

2. Take an 8-week vacation. All that hiring is exhausting.

2. Begin working immediately upon my return on reforming taxes, healthcare, destructive drug laws, and the NBA. The Hawks WILL be a contender, I promise you that America.

4. Use my power to attract a few First Mistresses. And not Lewinskys either, but actual women.

5. Make vague yet grand speeches that don't say anything, but that do utilize catchy slogans. Some examples: informing the rest of the world that it's time to "**** or Get off the Pot," telling Greece that "Zeus Ain't In Charge Here, Bub," and asking Iran, "Where's the Beef." Naturally, the American public will greet my rhetoric with thunderous applause.

6. Fire all my initial hires for their insolence.

7. Rehire all my initial hires except for holymoses...I will make an example of him.

8. Name Andre 3000 as Poet Laureate of the U.S.A.

9. Rename all national monuments after characters from the Big Lebowski.

10. Finish out term on vacation.

falconfootball (2/6/2008)
Fanboy, why didn't you post that yesterday? I would've voted for you w/that platform. :laugh:

You may have to send out a search party for AEN, though. I haven't seen him in 4evah... :unsure:

As any good Chief of Staff should do, he's lurking.

BTW, you have a position too: Secretary of Keeping It Real

Fanboy3000 (2/6/2008)
1. Hire AEN as Chief of Staff, etifan as Secretary of State, Octoslash as Secretary of Defense, Ramen as my chief researcher, holymoses as Secretary of Fabulous, and snake as Secretary of Communications.

2. Take an 8-week vacation. All that hiring is exhausting.

2. Begin working immediately upon my return on reforming taxes, healthcare, destructive drug laws, and the NBA. The Hawks WILL be a contender, I promise you that America.

4. Use my power to attract a few First Mistresses. And not Lewinskys either, but actual women.

5. Make vague yet grand speeches that don't say anything, but that do utilize catchy slogans. Some examples: informing the rest of the world that it's time to "**** or Get off the Pot," telling Greece that "Zeus Ain't In Charge Here, Bub," and asking Iran, "Where's the Beef." Naturally, the American public will greet my rhetoric with thunderous applause.

6. Fire all my initial hires for their insolence.

7. Rehire all my initial hires except for holymoses...I will make an example of him.

8. Name Andre 3000 as Poet Laureate of the U.S.A.

9. Rename all national monuments after characters from the Big Lebowski.

10. Finish out term on vacation.

Ahh.....the same ol' same ol'.