AFMB Fantasy Baseball League

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm up for whatever you guys want to do. i gotta reclaim my title!! with spring training right around the corner, we may want to get something going soon. i guess a league of 10 or 12 again. also, how did everyone feel about the draft thread the past couple of years that took like a month to do? if you guys want to do a draft one evening on yahoo, that works for me as well. Falcons Fan and waterproof ace have volunteered to kick things off, so i'm ok with that.

WTA (2/10/2008)
Waterproof_ace83 (2/10/2008)
i like doing the draft on the boards. its kind of become a tradition over the last few years.

Agreed.

i also agree on that. just wasn't sure what everyone else thought of it.

i say we set some rules from the beginning this year, such as you have 10 hours to make your pick, like last year, then the draft moves on to the next person and so on until the person skipped gets back on. or even after that 10 hour period is up, the person skipped has to wait until his/her next pick and then picks twice. maybe even after someone picks, they have to put in "so and so is on the clock as of whatever time it is" so that we can keep up with the 10 hour rule a little easier i guess if anyone else has suggestions regarding the draft, just post them and we all can figure out what we'd like to do.

I agree on the 10 hour rule, but if skipped the person should be able to make his pick at any time rather than wait for his next turn and make two...

I also agree with Waterproof Ace that we should use ERA and WHIP instead of total earned runs and hits allowed...

yo, could someone here please explaing fantasy baseball? I',m an avid fantasy footballer, and I get baseball completly (avid dodger fan) but I don't get fantasy baseball. is it a week to week vs thing? or total points? and how do you score points? offensivly, its probably simple as hits, rbis, slugging, but pitching?k's per 9? era per 9?

QV_26 (2/10/2008)
yo, could someone here please explaing fantasy baseball? I',m an avid fantasy footballer, and I get baseball completly (avid dodger fan) but I don't get fantasy baseball. is it a week to week vs thing? or total points? and how do you score points? offensivly, its probably simple as hits, rbis, slugging, but pitching?k's per 9? era per 9?

well it's more of a daily thing that lasts 175 days or so. scoring categories are usually based on offense and pitching. offensively is usually hits, runs, hr's, rbi's, avg, etc. while pitching is usually ip's, k's, era, whip, etc. offensively, you just add or average all your players hits, runs, ip's, k's, etc together to get a winner for that category, depending on the category. it requires a lot more time and attention and is more challenging than football IMO since you have to adjust your roster almost daily. good stuff though.

QV_26 (2/10/2008)
and are rosters like real baseball teams? obivously you're starting defense is your offense, but do you have dh, utility, and pitching, is it 5 starters?

It varies by league. The average league will have one spot for each position and a utility spot where you can put any player. Outfielders usually just fall under the outfield position instead of Left, Center, and Right, but you do have the option to use left, right, and center if you want to. Is's a lot harder that way. Just like with football, you can customize the league settings however you want to make bigger or smaller rosters with more util or even corner/middle infield spots.

as for pitchers there are 3 positions. Starters, Relievers, and Pitchers. The amount of each on the roster varies by league. it's typically 2 or 3 starters and relievers with 4 or so pitchers. you can change your lineup every day so you can rotate starting pitchers in and out of your lineup.

so it looks like we have the following 7 that are in. i sent a message to cappy to see if he wanted in again this year. if we need to start up a thread in the ABF forum, let me know and i'll start one to see if we can get about 4 or 5 more people.

mookie6927

wta

waterproof_ace83

goodoleboy58

falcons_fan_4_life

jgator2113

eddiek

capologist