its all our fault. Somehow, someway the viscious cycle must end.

tom Baldwin

Why keep feeding the monster that keeps embarrasing us and turning its back on us? The way Blank and the falcons front office see things, we (the fans) are satisfied and happy. Season tickets sell out. Folks can go online and resell there tickets and make profit. Falcons jerseys sell for ridiculous prices everywhere. Are these signs of a fanbase that is discontent and unhappy and ready for change? Its all about glitz and glamour and money for Blank and McKay and the front office. Our offensive line stinks. Our defensive line stinks. But whoopee we still got meangleo hall and good ole warrick dunn. Then there's good ole #7 himself. We don't care if you can't read defenses and you hold the ball out like a loaf of bread. We don't care if you make bad descisions the whole game. We don't care if you throw us the finger and then spend your spare time electrocuting dogs. All we care about is putting butts in the seats. When is Blank and McKay gonna set this circus down and stop feeding us a bunch of bull? They handle this team about like dubya handles this country - stupid. This new gm we got, he looks to be about 17 years old. He came from the patriots, whoopee, so does there equipment guy. Lets just make him the head coach. Chances are these bunch of idiots will draft Mcfadden and pay him a whole bunch of money. Then he'll gain zero yards this year cause he has NO offensive line to block for him. Here it is, bottom line, the COLD HARD TRUTH. This team has never had back to back winning seasons. We won 4 games this year. We stunk the 2 years before that and finished out those seasons like a bunch of punks. Until the falcons front office thinks this fanbase is serious about wanting a REAL TEAM then were gonna continue to get what weve allways got. zero. But go ahead, sign up for seasons tickets again this year and give mr. Blank and mr. McKay a big ole pat on the back for a job well done.

tom Baldwin (2/5/2008)
Why keep feeding the monster that keeps embarrasing us and turning its back on us? The way Blank and the falcons front office see things, we (the fans) are satisfied and happy. Season tickets sell out. Folks can go online and resell there tickets and make profit. Falcons jerseys sell for ridiculous prices everywhere. Are these signs of a fanbase that is discontent and unhappy and ready for change? Its all about glitz and glamour and money for Blank and McKay and the front office. Our offensive line stinks. Our defensive line stinks. But whoopee we still got meangleo hall and good ole warrick dunn. Then there's good ole #7 himself. We don't care if you can't read defenses and you hold the ball out like a loaf of bread. We don't care if you make bad descisions the whole game. We don't care if you throw us the finger and then spend your spare time electrocuting dogs. All we care about is putting butts in the seats. When is Blank and McKay gonna set this circus down and stop feeding us a bunch of bull? They handle this team about like dubya handles this country - stupid. This new gm we got, he looks to be about 17 years old. He came from the patriots, whoopee, so does there equipment guy. Lets just make him the head coach. Chances are these bunch of idiots will draft Mcfadden and pay him a whole bunch of money. Then he'll gain zero yards this year cause he has NO offensive line to block for him. Here it is, bottom line, the COLD HARD TRUTH. This team has never had back to back winning seasons. We won 4 games this year. We stunk the 2 years before that and finished out those seasons like a bunch of punks. Until the falcons front office thinks this fanbase is serious about wanting a REAL TEAM then were gonna continue to get what weve allways got. zero. But go ahead, sign up for seasons tickets again this year and give mr. Blank and mr. McKay a big ole pat on the back for a job well done.

I was all geared up to flame you hard man! I mean I wanted to rip you a new one like I've never done before. Can't do it because you're right.

Anyone who flames this man isn't paying real attention to what he is saying. It IS about that time. We were all Falcons before ANY of thse clowns. We will still be Falcons when all of thse guys are gone, is it too much to give us what we pay for?

Free enterprise is about supply and demand. Without us, NONE of these players of coaches have a job. NONE. If a man keeps coming in your restaurant and paying for steak and you keep giveing him bologna why should you worry about changing anything if he's happy eating nothing but bologna everyday???? All the while your takeing in money for steak.

tom Baldwin (2/5/2008)
Free enterprise is about supply and demand. Without us, NONE of these players of coaches have a job. NONE. If a man keeps coming in your restaurant and paying for steak and you keep giveing him bologna why should you worry about changing anything if he's happy eating nothing but bologna everyday???? All the while your takeing in money for steak.

Great point man. Good thread, well thought out. Not a normal rant.

So, what... you propose that we all just up and stop supporting the Falcons because they haven't ever been under good management?

Fans don't go on strike from their friggin team of choice.

You made a decision to follow this team and support it... love it or leave it. Plenty of people are leaving it now that Vick is gone because they were never actually into the team itself, so maybe the franchise will just get moved to a city that appreciates a professional football team being there.

Detroit, Cleveland, Oakland, Minnesota, and other teams have had their fair share of losing but you never see those stadiums 3/4 empty or even close. A couple of games got blacked out in Minnesota and the place was still packed. The Falcons have a Monday night game against the Saints and the place looks like it got rented out for a volleyball tournament. It's pathetic.

tom Baldwin (2/5/2008)

I love your insiteful, accurate football mind - "This new gm we got, he looks to be about 17 years old."

So he looks 17.

Hmmm, were you sticking your tongue out and stamping your little feet at the time you typed that?

See how easy it is to make stupid assumptions???:cool:

While I can appreciate some of the points you make, I think that it is unfair to judge the new GM and Coaching staff before they actually DO anything. Blank has said that he will be more hands-off in the coming years, so lets try to give him a chance.

If there was a message board log for every single user's opinions, and every time each of us has jumped on/off a bandwagon, or jumped to a conclusion. Not a one of us would have a shred of credibility left.

Lets try to give this franchise some support, perhaps the way the Giants fans support their team, and maybe, just maybe, we will come out okay in the end.

On a different note, to the original poster: I love reading posts with substance, but paragraph breaks really help me enjoy reading them. Just a thought.

It's amazing to me that so many people still want to put all of blame for all this team's failings on Vick, yet Blank and McKay have little to no culpability in this mess. Vick didn't hold out for the 130 million extension. Blank and McKay, aka Heckle and Jekyll, decided that it was in the best interest of the franchise to sign him to that extension. Any fool would have signed that contract whether they were worth it or not. Heckle and Jekyll failed to properly build around their franchise player, leaving Vick to almost singlehandedly win games by himself. It's hard for any franchise QB to win with no talent around him. Yet he was able to. Then he had suspect coaching guiding him, Mora Jr, Knapp. Now, everything that's happened to Vick was self inflicted and deserved. He committed crimes and is receiving his punishment. But while he was here, he WAS the team. He was the only offensive player that defenses feared. That is not his fault. The blame for those comedy of errors lie squarely at the feet of Heckle and Jekyll. Yet these guys get love and deserve no criticism. This team will not win consistently while Blank owns it and McKay is in a position of power within it. You can take that to the bank.

The Kid with the Golden Arm (2/5/2008)
It's amazing to me that so many people still want to put all of blame for all this team's failings on Vick, yet Blank and McKay have little to no culpability in this mess. Vick didn't hold out for the 130 million extension. Blank and McKay, aka Heckle and Jekyll, decided that it was in the best interest of the franchise to sign him to that extension. Any fool would have signed that contract whether they were worth it or not. Heckle and Jekyll failed to properly build around their franchise player, leaving Vick to almost singlehandedly win games by himself. It's hard for any franchise QB to win with no talent around him. Yet he was able to. Then he had suspect coaching guiding him, Mora Jr, Knapp. Now, everything that's happened to Vick was self inflicted and deserved. He committed crimes and is receiving his punishment. But while he was here, he WAS the team. He was the only offensive player that defenses feared. That is not his fault. The blame for those comedy of errors lie squarely at the feet of Heckle and Jekyll. Yet these guys get love and deserve no criticism. This team will not win consistently while Blank owns it and McKay is in a position of power within it. You can take that to the bank.

makes one wonder if its that mentality if it aint broke (tickets are selling like hot cakes) dont fix it, but then again what can you expect in having on average 6 coaches in 6 years

I'm pretty sure the goal of every franchise is to win the Super Bowl. If not, then what's the point?

Nobody (except the Saints) go into a season aspiring to reach 8-8 or worse.

You have to accept that there are just some things you can't control. Football is meant for entertainment to fans. If you really feel like it's our fault that this team has historically just been bad, then I don't know what to tell you. I've never signed a player to a contract, I've never hired one of the head coaches, I've never managed cap space to make room for moves in the draft and free agency.

The Falcons are an NFL franchise of which I am a fan and have been for as long as I can remember. I'll be a fan of this team whether they go 0-16 or 16-0 or anywhere in between. My love for this team is not predicated on championships or ESPN air time.

And I'm pretty sure the goal of every coach and GM this team has ever had has not been to lose games. You'd have to be pretty ignorant to believe that.