Mock Off-Season

Norwood32

This is my last one till the combine then i will make one more and then Draft time... man i can't wait. Being a Falcons fan, my favorite season is the off-season.:P Let's get to business. Remember leave comments, good or bad ;)

Release/Retire/FA

QB - Byron Leftwich - Injury prone and has a very slow delivery

QB - Joey Harrington - Very inconsistent, no arm strength lol remember his Hail Mary attempt lmfao that was hilarious

OT - Wayne Gandy - Old and blew out his knee

OT - Quinn Ojinnaka - Sucks and gets called for Offside to @$%#ing much

WR/KR - Adam Jennings - Failed at KR and PR

WR - Brian Finneran - Back-to-back knee injuries, I don't even think he can still play

TE - Dwayne Blakeley - FA and there is no need to keep him with Milner showing he can ball

DT - Rod Coleman - We have good young DT's and Coleman is taking up too much money to stay on IR

DT - Montavious Stanley - FA, good practice squad player

CB - Omare Lowe - Who?

CB - Lewis Sanders - HAHAHAHAHA

SS/CB - Antoine Harris - Good player IMO but no room for him

K - Morten Andersen - If he stays for another season he might turn to dust while lining up for a kick

Re-Sign

OG - Tyson Clabo - Is a very good RT

DE - Chauncey Davis - Good Pass Rusher

LB - Michael Boley - PRO BOLEY!

LB - Demorrio Williams - Had an off-year, he is a good young player

CB - DeAngelo Hall - The man can play and WTF how is he a "thug"

QB - Chris Redman - Made something out of our offense, he will come back and start till the new QB can take over.

Restructures

LB - Keith Brooking - Uses up a lot of cap space for a guy who tackles his own players

RB - Warrick Dunn - He wants to come back but he shouldn't be starting and he shouldn't be getting that kind of money

Trade

OG - Kynan Forney to OAK for a 5th Round Pick

Sign

DT - Corey Williams(GB) - Great young DT to replace Coleman

OG - Floyd Womack(SEA) - Great Run Blocker, replaces Forney

OG - Montrae Holland(DEN) - Starter all 16 games for Denver, maybe it's not the RB's, maybe its the OL

WR - Bryant Johnson(ARZ) - Underrated WR playing in ARZ under 2 great WR's

WR/KR - Jerome Mathis(HOU) - Proven KR, FAST!

Draft

5th for Forney, 3rd for Kerney and 7th for Rossum

1. Sedrick Ellis - DT - USC - 6.1 - 308 - 4.96

Beast at DT and will be a difference-maker trust me.

2. Chad Henne - QB - Michigan - 6.3 - 228 - 5.18

Most NFL ready QB of the draft. He's got the Arm Strength but he's also accurate and has great touch and throws the ball to where only his WR could get it.

2. Anthony Collins - OT - Kansas - 6.6 - 308 - 5.08

Will be our future at LT. He declared for the draft and he is projected as a 2nd Round pick but if he stayed for another year he most likely would have gone in the 1st Round.

3. Philip Wheeler - MLB - Georgia Tech - 6.2 - 245 - 4.62

Has great size and good speed showing good range. He goes sideline-to-sideline and does a great job dropping back in coverage.

3. Matt Forte - RB - Tulane - 6.1 - 222 - 4.56

If this draft wasn't so deep at RB this guy might have gone in the 1-2 Round. He has great power and plows through the 1st man. This guy isn't going down without a fight. He will be the Thunder to Norwood's Lightning.

4. Quintin Demps - FS - UTEP - 6.0 - 203 - 4.53

I'm surprised this guy is projected as a 4th Rounder, he is a very good player IMO and has good coverage skills, something the Falcons need.

5. Jeremy Thompson - DE - Wake Forest - 6.5 - 264 - 4.79

Has a lot of potential and with our new DL coach if anyone can turn this guy into John Abraham its us. Is a good pass rusher he just needs to get coached up and learn better technique

5. Chilo Rachal - OG - USC - 6.5 - 315 - 5.21

I'm confused about this guy some have him as a 3-4 rounder others as a 5-6 rounder and one as high as a late 1st rounder. WTF? He's coming from a great USC offensive line and might not get the respect he deserves.

6. Keilen Dykes - DT - West Virginia - 6.4 - 295 - 5.06

Could play multiple positions on the DL. He's good good strength and good speed. Once again with our DL coach he could make this guy live up to his potential.

7. Brandon Coutu - K - Georgia - 5.11 - 187 - 5.12

We need a kicker and this guy can hit'em from 50+ and they're right down the middle.

7. Glenn Sharpe - CB - Miami - 6.0 - 186 - 4.42

Very underrated corner and his stock fell after tearing his ACL. Has excellent coverage skills and had 14 PBU coming back from his injury.

Depth Chart

Bold = Rookie, Underline = FA pickup

OFFENSE

WR - R.White, M.Jenkins, J.Mathis

LT - T.Weiner, A.Collins

LG - J.Blalock, M.Holland

C - T.McClure, D.Datish

RG - F.Womack, C.Rachal

RT - T.Clabo, R.Foster

TE - A.Crumpler, M.Milner

WR - L.Robinson, B.Johnson

QB - C.Redman, C.Henne, DJ.Shockley

RB - M.Forte, J.Norwood, W.Dunn

FB - O.Mughelli, J.Snelling

DEFENSE

LDE - J.Anderson, J.Thompson

NT - S.Ellis, T.Lewis

UT - C.Williams, J.Babineaux, K.Dykes

RDE - J.Abraham, C.Davis

LOLB - M.Boley, M.Wilkins

MLB - K.Brooking, P.Wheeler

ROLB - D.Williams, S.Nicholas

LCB - D.Hall, D.Irons, G.Sharpe

RCB - C.Houston, B.Grimes

SS - L.Milloy, D.Stone

FS - J.Williams, Q.Demps

Special Teams

PK - B.Coutu

P - M.Koenen

KO - M.Koenen

KOR - J.Mathis, J.Norwood

PR - J.Mathis, Q.Demps

LS - M. Schneck

Let me know what you think, all comments will be appreciated.

L.Rover (2/4/2008)
Very nice. I am not a Henne fan, but for the purposes of this mock, very well done.

Thanks. I like Henne and JDB, they just look like QB's if you get what I'm saying...which i don't even think i get. I'm not buying the Flacco bandwagon and Matt Ryan is soooooo overrated it's not even funny.

scott24falcs (2/4/2008)
I like it for the most part. I don't like us re-signing Demorrio Williams. As you mentioned, Chilo Rachal was projected to go in the 1st round of Todd McShay's most recent mock. I don't think he will be around in the 5th, but who knows. Overall this is a good job.

Why don't you like D-Mo? He didn't have a great year but he's still a good player. He's also young which is a positive.

Norwood32 (2/4/2008)
scott24falcs (2/4/2008)
I like it for the most part. I don't like us re-signing Demorrio Williams. As you mentioned, Chilo Rachal was projected to go in the 1st round of Todd McShay's most recent mock. I don't think he will be around in the 5th, but who knows. Overall this is a good job.

Why don't you like D-Mo? He didn't have a great year but he's still a good player. He's also young which is a positive.

I see him as a small, athletic LB and that's about it. He isn't great in coverage. He's a poor tackler. His athleticism actually gets him into trouble a lot. He's made a few nice plays with us, but I see him as more of a liability than anything.

nice work.

i like demps, though from what i understand he is a bit shy in the tackling/strength department. if that is true than i would prefer a different safety in the 4th. and i have my doubts about collins as well. but overall great picks. and bryant johson would be excellent FA snag.

I don't think we'll re-sign Demorrio Williams. He's a liability in run support and plays with virtually no discipline. He relies too much on his athleticism to save him when he gets out of position and is absolutely TERRIBLE at getting off of blocks.

One-on-one in the open field, Williams is a pretty solid tackler and has speed to burn. However, get a blocker anywhere in his zip code and he's out of the play.

Plus, I don't know if he'll fit into what Coach Smith wants to do as far as his schemes and personnel. Most teams don't use linebackers that weigh around 220 soaking wet. Let Denver overpay for him.

Direwolf

neko (2/5/2008)
nice work.

i like demps, though from what i understand he is a bit shy in the tackling/strength department. if that is true than i would prefer a different safety in the 4th. and i have my doubts about collins as well. but overall great picks. and bryant johson would be excellent FA snag.

Thanks, we need more of a coverage safety then a run stopping safety, remember 06? Demps was once projected as 2nd round pick, I don't understand why he dropped he had a good week at the Senior Bowl. My alternate to Demps would be DJ Wolfe.

I never really notice D-Mo to be honest. I usually assume he is doing his job. He still is an explosive player and he makes some big plays once in a while. Nicholas should get more playing time but D-Mo should stay if he's cheap. If he wants a lot of money, then yeah get out.