THE DRAFT WILL TELL ALL

dewey

I keep read posts that say the falcons are moving on without mike vick. Truth be told none of that talk really matter right now.

The time for that talk to really matter is when the falcons select darren mcfadden with their first round pick. Then and only then will everyones question be answered.

Sure you can say that if that happens the falcons are just going to select the top Qb of the second round. But you already know that, that sh$% aint gonna work. It will be another wasted pick, that the falcons seem to make on a regular basis when ever the drafts comes around.

Trust right now Blank cannot believe that one player was the team and he is in his office right now wondering how does a team that he swears up and down he brought quality talent to falls so far without one person.

This season has been an eye opener everyone. We have no star RB or oline or wr. We moved up twice in two different drafts to get WR's that would have fell midway into the second round. How crazy was that. And NOW MOST OF YOU WANT TO DRAFT A QB WITH OUR FIRST PICK. PLEASE IF THAT HAPPENS THIS FRANCHISE IS DONE FOR YEARS TO COME.

Falconsfan110 (2/4/2008)
you make no sense. You say that it wont work if we take a QB in the second round, but if we take one in the first, the franchise is doomed. Where do you think we are supposed to get one?

The point is that there are no franchise qb's in this draft. Not taking one in the first round just proves that. and also proves this franchise is not ready to let vick go.

Since there are no franchise qb in this draft taking one in the second and trying to make him our future will be a wasted pick.

We should just fill other critical needs with quality pick and wait for MV OR draft tebow to be our franchise guy next year because Lord knows he is better than any QB in this draft.

DO UNDERSTAND NOW

Dewey vick is not the answer and drafting darren mcfadden is not the only answer. Drafting wisely for where you are and what you need is. Even if we dont draft qb 1st or 2nd round this year there is no waiting for Vick he made horrible choices and FED this franchise. Blank has integrity and that means not having a scum back like Mike Vick on this team so quit with the stupid posting about Vick its over hes done with this team and Tom Dimitroff and Mike Smith will find a new QB new leaders and a whole new set of talented players to turn this franchise around.

dewey (2/4/2008)
bigduke633 (2/4/2008)
There are no franchise qbs in jail jacko.

If the falcons take anything other than a QB with the frist round pick then go tell BLANK that jacko.

So if thomas has a player with higher value available and hes not a qb that means ynw is comeing back?Vick isnt comeing back to anybody for multiple years.You might even be out of highschool by then.:w00t:

dewey (2/4/2008)
I keep read posts that say the falcons are moving on without mike vick. Truth be told none of that talk really matter right now.

The time for that talk to really matter is when the falcons select darren mcfadden with their first round pick. Then and only then will everyones question be answered.

Sure you can say that if that happens the falcons are just going to select the top Qb of the second round. But you already know that, that sh$% aint gonna work. It will be another wasted pick, that the falcons seem to make on a regular basis when ever the drafts comes around.

Trust right now Blank cannot believe that one player was the team and he is in his office right now wondering how does a team that he swears up and down he brought quality talent to falls so far without one person.

This season has been an eye opener everyone. We have no star RB or oline or wr. We moved up twice in two different drafts to get WR's that would have fell midway into the second round. How crazy was that. And NOW MOST OF YOU WANT TO DRAFT A QB WITH OUR FIRST PICK. PLEASE IF THAT HAPPENS THIS FRANCHISE IS DONE FOR YEARS TO COME.

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but you didn't really make much sense in your post. I think I got the point of your post though. I do agree that if we want to get a franchise player in this draft not only to help build success for the future but also to help fans forget about Vick that we need to draft DMac. He is obviously one of the top if not the best talents in the draft. We have several needs and RB is defiantly one of them. So why not seize the opportunity and get the best available talent in the draft?

I wish some would put more of an emphasis on clarity.

Here is my take on the situation: The Falcons will probably draft a QB at some point in the draft. The round in which they draft a QB will say something of Vick's chances of coming back to the Falcons. (If they draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd, Vick is probably done with the Falcons. However, if they wait until the 5th, 6th, or 7th, Vick may still have a future with the organization.) This is all subject to Goodell's ruling, whether or not Vick gets out early, and what happens in his state trial, of course.

I wonder how we know that there are no franchise QB's in this draft. I am as against taking a QB in the first round as anyone, but even I won't go so far as to say the QBs near the top of the draft won't be good NFL players. With that position, you just never know.

Main reason I am against taking a QB, is that position is riskier than say a DT or a O-lineman. We have too many needs to take such a risk.

Bottom line is I will be a fan of the team regardless of what they do in the draft. I will probably even continue as a fan if they bring Vick back.