Keeping Vick and "moving on" arent mutually exclusive

shutyourface

Some people dont understand that they hated vick when he was here. Vick always brought wins to the table but without him you saw the falcons true colors, the team basicaly suck to holy ****. When he get out I hope he go to any team besides this one why bring wins to a team that will insult when you are doing good. At the begining of the season the said the Joey will play better then vick. Ha

shutyourface (2/4/2008)
You can have both. What about the large portion of the fanbase that defines "moving on" as forgiveness, redemption, and restitution instead of exile and abandonment?

Do we not count?

He will be gone as soon as it is Financially feasible get use to it.

Culain (2/4/2008)
shutyourface (2/4/2008)
You can have both. What about the large portion of the fanbase that defines "moving on" as forgiveness, redemption, and restitution instead of exile and abandonment?

Do we not count?

He will be gone as soon as it is Financially feasible get use to it.

There are plenty of people in Atlanta that would happily give him a second chance.

The QB that made the Falcons matter, even if only for a few years, deserves that much.

A year from now or however long it is I seriously doubt the decision will be as easy as you think. Unless of course they cut him in July...but that would be stupid. If you don't want him at least hold on to him while you have him at no cost then try and trade him at least.

Here's some common sense to apply to your "forgiveness" rant.....

Let's say you have a friend that steals your car but asks for forgiveness. Is he asking for forgiveness because he feels guilty or because he was busted? Then, do you trust him again?

I guess it is pretty easy to use the "forgiveness" card when you are the guilty or not applying it to your own life. If you were Blank, would you avoid addressing the need for a QB for years just so Vick can get his forgiveness? Playing football isn't a right. Remember that. Blank gave him the keys to the city and Vick destroyed that privilege.

Since you are so gung-ho forgiveness, should Vick forgive the friends who snitched on him and dragged him down? To get forgiveness, you need to show an effort and remorse. Had Vick not have been caught, would he still feel the same about what he did? Chances are he would still be doing it.

But as forgiving as you pretend to be, can I borrow your car?

Mojo Risin (2/4/2008)
Here's some common sense to apply to your "forgiveness" rant.....

Let's say you have a friend that steals your car but asks for forgiveness. Is he asking for forgiveness because he feels guilty or because he was busted? Then, do you trust him again?

I guess it is pretty easy to use the "forgiveness" card when you are the guilty or not applying it to your own life. If you were Blank, would you avoid addressing the need for a QB for years just so Vick can get his forgiveness? Playing football isn't a right. Remember that. Blank gave him the keys to the city and Vick destroyed that privilege.

Since you are so gung-ho forgiveness, should Vick forgive the friends who snitched on him and dragged him down? To get forgiveness, you need to show an effort and remorse. Had Vick not have been caught, would he still feel the same about what he did? Chances are he would still be doing it.

But as forgiving as you pretend to be, can I borrow your car?

Vick didn't "steal the Falcons' car". He screwed up his own life. He only pulled back the curtains on the huge cluster**** that we already knew the Falcons were. Vick didn't screw the Falcons, the Falcons were screwed LONG before the first mention of this dogfighting stuff. The parallel you attempted to draw isn't a parallel situation.

This is like the friend that has to go to rehab for one reason or another because their life has spiraled out of control. Do you turn your back on that friend when they're back just because they had a problem?

Mojo Risin (2/4/2008)
To get forgiveness, you need to show an effort and remorse.

I'm quite sure Vick doesnt think he's just going to walk about of prison and walk straight onto a practice field. He's fully aware of what he needs to do.

What I want to know is why people like you refuse to give him the chance to do it?

If YKW wants to be forgiven he needs to show some remorse, and repay a sizeable prortion of the $37m that he took from this under false pretences.

At the very least, he should be willing to return $3.7m (10% of his gurnanteed money) for every season that he is unable to play for this franchise due to his lies and criminal behaviour.

shutyourface (2/4/2008)
Mojo Risin (2/4/2008)

I'm quite sure Vick doesnt think he's just going to walk about of prison and walk straight onto a practice field. He's fully aware of what he needs to do.

What I want to know is why people like you refuse to give him the chance to do it?

He didn't like Vick in the first place and now he has his ammo.

I think there are three types of people with respect to Vick. Those that never liked him and are happy that he's gone, those that liked him and are disappointed that things ended? this way, and those that still like him. In my estimation Mojo belongs to the first group.

What you fail to realize is that even if somehow he gets off of the state charges that Goodell still has to uplift his suspension. Vick plead to conspiracy charges in the federal case. It will be totally different charges in the state case. And the more Vick wins his personal battles the more he hurts the Falcons. I supported Vick until the day he started to tear this team down.

Vick didn't "steal the Falcons' car". He screwed up his own life. He only pulled back the curtains on the huge cluster**** that we already knew the Falcons were. Vick didn't screw the Falcons, the Falcons were screwed LONG before the first mention of this dogfighting stuff. The parallel you attempted to draw isn't a parallel situation.

This is like the friend that has to go to rehab for one reason or another because their life has spiraled out of control. Do you turn your back on that friend when they're back just because they had a problem?

Great post BTrain

Indeed, many can't help themsleves but blame Vick for everything, afetr all, they did it for years.

We suck this year because of the players we had on the field playing this year. The only thing Vick's loss showed us was just how valuable his play was to this franchise.

It used to be that if someone as myself would suggest Vick's supportiung cast wasn't nearly as good as the QB's he was always compared to that I would be labeled and the notion would be ridiculed. Well, these fools that couldn't see it now have no choice but to see it.

shutyourface (2/4/2008)
Mojo Risin (2/4/2008)

When Arthur Blank returns the money to season ticket holders, then and only then should the organization (including the fans) be allowed to pull out the ethics card and demand Vick return his money. What I find most amusing about this argument is that there isnt a single fan on this board who would return the money if they were in Vick's shoes.

btrain5489 (2/4/2008)

Was I Addressing you? Ok.....

Vick screwed up his life but also screwed the Falcons. The car analogy is simply about the violation and the potential giving of forgiveness. The Falcons were violated. No if's and's or but's.

Don't even begin to tell me he has a "weed problem". I know that is some crap. That card is being played because it is a loophole, nothing more. That doesn't bug me, that is simply lawyers at play.

A friend doesn't violate you. In life, you will be able to count all true friends on one hand. The ones who take advantage of you will always do it again one way or the other. And if that "friend" told me he had a weed problem, I'd give him my car with a bomb attached just so I could rid the world of excessive stupidity. That's another attempt to fool people so he can gain some "time off".

It is funny that the same people who said the airport incident was no big deal are now trying to act like weed is a hardcore addictive drug. Pull the other leg, it has bells on it.

Vicious (2/4/2008)
What you fail to realize is that even if somehow he gets off of the state charges that Goodell still has to uplift his suspension. Vick plead to conspiracy charges in the federal case. It will be totally different charges in the state case. And the more Vick wins his personal battles the more he hurts the Falcons. I supported Vick until the day he started to tear this team down.

When did he tear the team down? When he turned away bigtime playmakers? When he overpaid for underproductive free agents? When he fired coach after coach making it impossible to have any kind of stability and growth on the team? Please...explain to me when Vick was the one that blew this team to bits.

btrain5489 (2/4/2008)
He didn't like Vick in the first place and now he has his ammo.

I think there are three types of people with respect to Vick. Those that never liked him and are happy that he's gone, those that liked him and are disappointed that things ended? this way, and those that still like him. In my estimation Mojo belongs to the first group.

Actually, I liked Vick until '05. I never thought he was god's gift to football like some of YOU do but I liked our chances with him. The Bears game is what opened my eyes to the type of player/person he was.

btrain5489 (2/4/2008)

When did he tear the team down? When he turned away bigtime playmakers? When he overpaid for underproductive free agents? When he fired coach after coach making it impossible to have any kind of stability and growth on the team? Please...explain to me when Vick was the one that blew this team to bits.

Wow, just......WOW

Don't play dumb. You think he did the team a great service by fighting dogs? How does it feel supporting a convicted felon?

btrain5489 (2/4/2008)
Vicious (2/4/2008)

This is probably what 95% of the lockeroom feels like.

Was I Addressing you? Ok.....

Vick screwed up his life but also screwed the Falcons. The car analogy is simply about the violation and the potential giving of forgiveness. The Falcons were violated. No if's and's or but's.

Don't even begin to tell me he has a "weed problem". I know that is some crap. That card is being played because it is a loophole, nothing more. That doesn't bug me, that is simply lawyers at play.

A friend doesn't violate you. In life, you will be able to count all true friends on one hand. The ones who take advantage of you will always do it again one way or the other. And if that "friend" told me he had a weed problem, I'd give him my car with a bomb attached just so I could rid the world of excessive stupidity. That's another attempt to fool people so he can gain some "time off".

It is funny that the same people who said the airport incident was no big deal are now trying to act like weed is a hardcore addictive drug. Pull the other leg, it has bells on it.

Salary cap ramifications aside please explain to me how Vick screwed the Falcons. Aside from the 7-8 mil in dead money we'll have on the books for his bonus he did absolutely nothing to screw the Falcons. The Falcons were already screwed.

You think this team was a real challenger even with him? I don't and I actually liked his play. I'm pretty sure you didn't approve of his play so I'm going to assume that you agree that even with him the Falcons weren't a serious contender. So tell me, how is losing a player that you think is holding the team back violating the team?

I don't think the airport thing was a big deal and I don't think Vick's "weed issues" are serious issues either. You're 100% right, its a loophole and I'm really impressed with Billy Martin for "arranging" that failure.

I used rehab as an example because its a good example of a friend that may have a serious problem (I was thinking coke or something a bit more dangerous) and be headed into serious trouble but got help and attempted to recover. Coke is illegal and beyond that flat out stupid but I wouldn't turn my back on a friend that got into that situation just because they made a stupid decision that could have easily cost them their life. If that's the type of friend YOU are then it's clear why you can count your true friends on one hand.

Vicious (2/4/2008)

Don't play dumb. You think he did the team a great service by fighting dogs? How does it feel supporting a convicted felon?

No I don't think he did the team any favors but WE WERE SCREWED EVEN WITH HIM.

I seriously don't understand why you people don't get it. We were not by any stretch of the imagination a SB contender EVEN WITH HIM. Why? The great leadership of AB and Rich McKay. Arthur Blank and Rich McKay screwed this team. If anything Vick just put the nail in the coffin.

Vicious (2/4/2008)

Nobody is playing dumb here Vicious, and nobody is excusing Vick for his actions. But its VERY fair to question why this team was assembled to fall like this is the first place. There is a certain level of accountablity here that seems to be missing from the organization, and it makes it easy to understand where the fustration from guys like Crump and Dhall is coming from.

btrain5489 (2/4/2008)

Salary cap ramifications aside please explain to me how Vick screwed the Falcons. Aside from the 7-8 mil in dead money we'll have on the books for his bonus he did absolutely nothing to screw the Falcons. The Falcons were already screwed.

You think this team was a real challenger even with him? I don't and I actually liked his play. I'm pretty sure you didn't approve of his play so I'm going to assume that you agree that even with him the Falcons weren't a serious contender. So tell me, how is losing a player that you think is holding the team back violating the team?

I don't think the airport thing was a big deal and I don't think Vick's "weed issues" are serious issues either. You're 100% right, its a loophole and I'm really impressed with Billy Martin for "arranging" that failure.

I used rehab as an example because its a good example of a friend that may have a serious problem (I was thinking coke or something a bit more dangerous) and be headed into serious trouble but got help and attempted to recover. Coke is illegal and beyond that flat out stupid but I wouldn't turn my back on a friend that got into that situation just because they made a stupid decision that could have easily cost them their life. If that's the type of friend YOU are then it's clear why you can count your true friends on one hand.

We haven't "lost" Vick. We still have to pay for him, while he does nothing.

And as for your claim of helping that friend, who's to blame when he f##k's you over again? A friend who would violate your personal trust was never a friend. Lying to Blank's face is what did him in with this team. Vick was Blank's golden boy and could have helped himself by coming clean. But of course, he didn't come clean until he was backed into a corner.

Do remorseful people speak of "clearing their good name" shortly before they admit guilt? Vick made an a$$ of himself, the team and Blank. "The weed made him do it".

It seems the cliche now is when you get caught for sh#t, just find god and blame it on drugs. And you fall for it. I'd like to know how you'd react when a friend lays your woman and tells you that his addiction to advil made him do it. I can admit I don't fall for BS, you on the other hand use that forgiveness jive because it suits your current purpose.