Dont understand how the Manning brothers are on top of the WORLD

swiftkick

swiftkick (2/4/2008)
Eli and Peyton Manning are at the top of the world ..endorsements, great football careers,

rewriting history

while the Vick brothers have been in prison , arrested , all the talent in the world wasted

do you think it has to do about Family Values ?

Maybe lack of family values but thats something the Vicks had to live with not Mannings. Not everyone grows up in great area and has 2 parents.

Mike wasnt a failure in the NFL Marcus screwed up way before he even made it to the NFL.

Obviously Peyton is great but even with how well Eli played in the playoffs nobody will confuse him for his brother. Im happy for Eli and the Giants but we all know the Pats would win 9/10 times and the onyl way they could have been beaten is if everything went perfectly for the Giants and it did.

swiftkick (2/4/2008)
Eli and Peyton Manning are at the top of the world ..endorsements, great football careers,

rewriting history

while the Vick brothers have been in prison , arrested , all the talent in the world wasted

Get life man, you are like a little rain cloud that does nothing but pour negativity...

ucsbdirtybird (2/4/2008)
swiftkick (2/4/2008)

rewriting history

Get life man, you are like a little rain cloud that does nothing but pour negativity...

that is incorrect

swiftkick (2/4/2008)

rewriting history

Swifty, I am going to have to agree with you for the most part. The Mannings grew up in a well-rounded, close-knit family with Christian values. I know that Mike and Marcus didn't have that close family unit growing up.

swiftkick (2/4/2008)

rewriting history

I think is is ALL about intelligence and decision making skills, the Mannings do both very well. You already know the rest of the story.

michaelgee (2/4/2008)

I think is is ALL about intelligence and decision making skills, the Mannings do both very well. You already know the rest of the story.

I don't know... you have to be pretty smart to run a multi-state criminal enterprise for several years and not get caught.

Oh wait...

goosedaddy70 (2/4/2008)
It is a very unfair thing to blame someone for the family that they are born into. If you want to attribute choices that the Vick brothers made as part of their downfall, then fine but don't go after them due to their parents.

I think that would be a discussion for the Bad Parenting Message Board.

So you don't believe that the atmosphere that the Vicks were brought up in didn't contribute to their poor decision-making? You need to read more books on human behavior!

loozianafalcon (2/4/2008)
goosedaddy70 (2/4/2008)
It is a very unfair thing to blame someone for the family that they are born into. If you want to attribute choices that the Vick brothers made as part of their downfall, then fine but don't go after them due to their parents.

So you don't believe that the atmosphere that the Vicks were brought up in didn't contribute to their poor decision-making? You need to read more books on human behavior!

why are some of the preachers sons some of the worst, and i know several

goosedaddy70 (2/4/2008)

great reply

ukfalc (2/4/2008)
michaelgee (2/4/2008)

I don't know... you have to be pretty smart to run a multi-state criminal enterprise for several years and not get caught.

Oh wait...

lol

sad but true ...more street smarts then book smarts though

consistentfalcon (2/4/2008)
goosedaddy70 (2/4/2008)

why are some of the preachers sons some of the worst, and i know several

You can also look at Andy Reids kids and say they grew up in a rich suburban area and look how they turn out and rebeled against the parents

I am not saying that it didn't have anything to do with what they are today. I am sure that it had a great deal to do with some of their problems. But you can't blame the Vick brothers for who their parents are. Anymore than I can give credit to the Manning brothers for who their parents are.

Having great or not so great parents is a crap shoot.

What you can blame on the Vick brothers is them making bad decisions and not wanting to be better than what they came from. That is what can be placed upon them.

Now, if you want to blame their parents for much of what they became, then fine. But again, that is not for this board. That is for the Bad Parenting Board.

goosedaddy70 (2/4/2008)

I am not saying that it didn't have anything to do with what they are today. I am sure that it had a great deal to do with some of their problems. But you can't blame the Vick brothers for who their parents are. Anymore than I can give credit to the Manning brothers for who their parents are.

Having great or not so great parents is a crap shoot.

What you can blame on the Vick brothers is them making bad decisions and not wanting to be better than what they came from. That is what can be placed upon them.

Now, if you want to blame their parents for much of what they became, then fine. But again, that is not for this board. That is for the Bad Parenting Board.

solid reply but there has to be a reason why 2 talented people like the Vick brother choose the path they did..

You dont start making decsions like that all of a sudden..It was either brought up in them that there is no right or wrong..I also blame society and the way we handle these million dollar athletes

I think the Vick brothers relied more on great athleticism skills and not motivation and drive to be the best on and off the field. I have read about the time peyton puts in to be the best. I see these same work ethics in Eli. As far as the Vicks are concerned those type of ethics were never installed from youth. Just a opinion I am no expert by no means.

I totally agree with you. These guys were treated like kings by everyone around them from a very early age due to their athleticism. NO DOUBT about it.

They were given anything and everything without any questions or consequences. But that changed when they broke the laws of our country.

It no longer was a teacher or coach or administrator. It became the US Government. And they don't care who you are.

So yes, it is many things that caused this mentallity and their parents are as guilty as anyone but Mike and Marcus didn't choose their parents or where they grew up. But they did chose everything else.

FalconFan13 (2/4/2008)
Easy answer. They got drafted by teams who went in the right direction and got better talent and better coaches. While vick brothers got drafted by teams who ended up with crap coaches and even worse talent. Pretty much manning brothers had their Trenches fixed and vick brothers didn't

the mannings are both great qbs. both are now in the company of the best in the league and the older one may be the best all time.

it's more then just oline.