Dwayne Allen to sign with UGA.

SacFalcFan

LawDawg (2/4/2008)
A news conference 2 days before NSD to announce that you're staying with the school you already committed to.

:rolleyes::doze:

That is what recruiting is nowadays. It's the nature of the beast. These kids get their 1 minute of attention and move on. At least he didn't wait til signing day to do it.. Now those guys really want the attention.

SacFalcFan (2/4/2008)
LawDawg (2/4/2008)
A news conference 2 days before NSD to announce that you're staying with the school you already committed to.

:rolleyes::doze:

That is what recruiting is nowadays. It's the nature of the beast. These kids get their 1 minute of attention and move on. At least he didn't wait til signing day to do it.. Now those guys really want the attention.

Great news about Allen!:)

As far as wanting attention that kid that played QB in the Army All-American game (Price) is really milking it. He's making LSU, Ohio State and Michigan wait for it. Arrogant little SOB.:hehe:

mbrizzle (2/4/2008)
This news keeps rebreaking lol.

Sac is right. These kids just want the attention. I dont have a problem with someone revisiting where they want to go for a while. I just wish it was a more internal conversation.

I personally no issues for kids making sure it's where they want to go, but there is no need for another press conference to say I am staying committed at this school.

There were a lot of rumors that Allen was switching over to Clemson this weekend. They were obviously wrong. I'm not sure what Clemson boards you're reading, but they are not really in any sort of meltdown mode (at least from what I've seen in the past). Perhaps, there are a few nutjobs going crazy on the national board, but even the Tigernet main board is fairly calm right now (which is never the case when this happens). Maybe the mods cleaned it up, I don't know.

This is the 3rd TE in the last two years that has been rumored to commit (or actually has committed) to change their mind.

clemumo82 (2/4/2008)
There were a lot of rumors that Allen was switching over to Clemson this weekend. They were obviously wrong. I'm not sure what Clemson boards you're reading, but they are not really in any sort of meltdown mode (at least from what I've seen in the past). Perhaps, there are a few nutjobs going crazy on the national board, but even the Tigernet main board is fairly calm right now (which is never the case when this happens). Maybe the mods cleaned it up, I don't know.

This is the 3rd TE in the last two years that has been rumored to commit (or actually has committed) to change their mind.

the mods cleaned up a bunch of it. they were quite upset this early afternoon when re-committed. Here is some info:

He said that he didn't know til he actually picked the hat where he was going to go.

His mom thought it was going to be clemson so she wore orange to the announcement.

freakyfalcon (2/4/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (2/4/2008)
I'm really happy he is stick to his commitment. Now we are pretty solid at TE.

We have a really good class. I can't wait to see who is the silent commit is. I hope its a safety or another QB.

Silent commit? Thats a strange since we dont have any more room.

2009 Class.

UGA_DAWG46 (2/4/2008)

We have a really good class. I can't wait to see who is the silent commit is. I hope its a safety or another QB.

Well we may be losing Ward. He looks to possibly give up football with his shoulder injury.

SacFalcFan (2/4/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (2/4/2008)

Well we may be losing Ward. He looks to possibly give up football with his shoulder injury.

Are you serious? I was looking forward to seeing what Ward can do. Man, I feel really sorry for him. I was really happy when we got his commitment. But at least we have a little insurrance for this situation. Ros and Allen.

Guess we can use Ward scholly for next year.

UGA_DAWG46 (2/4/2008)
SacFalcFan (2/4/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (2/4/2008)

Are you serious? I was looking forward to seeing what Ward can do. Man, I feel really sorry for him. I was really happy when we got his commitment. But at least we have a little insurrance for this situation. Ros and Allen. Guess we can use Ward scholly for next year.

It's not official yet, but that is what the rumor is in Athens. he has had a very bad time coming back from that shoulder injury. Shoulder injuries has caused a few other guys to have to quit playing ball at athens before. The sad thing is he was hurt in high school and didn't really have a chance.

Allen discusses his UGA choice

By Carter Strickland

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 02/04/08

Dwayne Allen made it clear to his coach, Wayne Inman, that he was going to Clemson on Saturday night when the two talked.

Allen, a four-star tight end, continued that line of thinking the next day. Clemson. Clemson. Clemson. That is where I am going, he told himself.

All morning Monday, it was Clemson, Allen said.

Then something changed at 1 p.m.

I didn t even know until I picked up the Clemson hat, threw it over to my coach and it was Georgia, said the Terry Sanford (Fayetteville, N.C.) product. Georgia is where I wanted to be.

So Georgia is where he is going. Finally. Allen, 6-4, 245 pounds, has been at the center of really the only drama involving the 2008 class. He was one of Georgia s first commitments in December of 2006. But then he reopened his recruitment process. The door was open even wider when Georgia tight end coach Dave Johnson left for West Virginia.

Then he took an official visit to Clemson and things started to change.

I am glad I took that visit, he said. There were a lot of wonderful people at Clemson.

People Georgia had to go up against. And people who had ironically already convinced Georgia coach Mark Richt s son, Jon, to sign with Clemson.

(Georgia) didn t push too hard, Allen said. They didn t say anything negative (about Clemson). When it came down to it, it was just Georgia.

SacFalcFan (2/4/2008)
(Georgia) didn t push too hard, Allen said. They didn t say anything negative (about Clemson). When it came down to it, it was just Georgia.

Which (to me) translates out that Clemson was saying some harsh crap about us, which worked in our favor and turned Allen off to them.

Cool. UGA style wins out again.:)

I didn t even know until I picked up the Clemson hat, threw it over to my coach and it was Georgia, said the Terry Sanford (Fayetteville, N.C.) product. Georgia is where I wanted to be.

So he picked up a Clemson hat (to the excitement of Clemson fans), threw it to his coach, and then put on the Georgia cap? Talk about unnecessary drama...

Whatever happened to the simple announcement?

LawDawg (2/5/2008)

So he picked up a Clemson hat (to the excitement of Clemson fans), threw it to his coach, and then put on the Georgia cap? Talk about unnecessary drama...

Whatever happened to the simple announcement?

Actually when he picked up the uga hat he still was going to go to Clemson, but then he said he thought about what richt told him and he decided to go to UGA. So he basically decided at that moment.. Maybe it's tight ends, brandon moore who has swore up and down he is michigan bound has decided to have an announcement on signing day whether he will sign with them or not.. lol

Statick (2/5/2008)
SacFalcFan (2/4/2008)

Which (to me) translates out that Clemson was saying some harsh crap about us, which worked in our favor and turned Allen off to them. Cool. UGA style wins out again.:)

I think how Georgia handled this situation it definately did work in our favor. We could have done a auburn and pulled the guys scholly because he was looking elsewhere, but UGA didn't and they really wanted to keep him a Dawg. It was a hard one because he was from NC so there was no proximity plus on Georgia's side. I also don't know if the above (regarding what he said) mean that clemson was saying harsh things about Georgia. I know for a fact they were hitting the play right away thing, but you should expect that considering uga's depth chart.

Statick (2/5/2008)
SacFalcFan (2/4/2008)

Which (to me) translates out that Clemson was saying some harsh crap about us, which worked in our favor and turned Allen off to them.

I think you need a new translator (or least one without Bulldog homer glasses). What kind of negative ammo against UGA would Clemson have? Seriously, think about it, and look at the listed QB commits for Clemson this season. How do we not know that Richt's 12:01AM phone call wasn't bashing Clemson? We don't, and it's stupid to say either school was bashing the other one.

It's obvious the chance for early playing time played a huge role in Allen considering Clemson.

clemumo82 (2/5/2008)
Statick (2/5/2008)
SacFalcFan (2/4/2008)

I think you need a new translator (or least one without Bulldog homer glasses). What kind of negative ammo against UGA would Clemson have? Seriously, think about it, and look at the listed QB commits for Clemson this season. How do we not know that Richt's 12:01AM phone call wasn't bashing Clemson? We don't, and it's stupid to say either school was bashing the other one.

It's obvious the chance for early playing time played a huge role in Allen considering Clemson.

I wouldn't say it the same way clem said it, but I do agree that the comment really didn't say that clemson said anything harsh about uga. He was only pointing out that UGA handled things the right way which is very commendable IMO. Richt and Lilly could have handled it differently and most likely dwayne would be a tiger. It is easy to see however that the depth chart started to bother dwayne for a few months now because it used to be uga/fsu then it was was unc/uga and it ended up clemson/uga and finally uga. Mark Richt really spelled it out that playing early is one thing, but there are a number of important factors and that was why Dwayne choose clemson. Clemson did a great job however with dwayne.