Pass rushers are at more of a premium than ever. Last night's game will be fresh in the minds of teams come April.

halsey

Look at the options the Falcons have come April.

1. They could simply take the best D-lineman on the board: Dorsey, Long, Ellis, Gholston, Harvey?, Campbell?, Balmer?. (Yes, I know Campbell, Balmer and Harvey are not considered top 5 by anyone at this point, but you never know how things will change between now and April.)

Or

2. They could tempt teams who want a premier pass rusher into trading up.

Right now you gotta really hope the Falcons get a top 3 pick so they will be assured of a shot at Dorsey, Long or Ellis.

since everyone is stocking up on pass rushers, might i suggest getting ryan clady to be able to, say, block them?

thats who i have us getting in my mock draft, and without any trade downs, at our #5 pick.

1st- glenn dorsey

2nd- chris long

3rd- sedrick ellis

4th- jake long

Falcons- Ryan Clady.

there are plenty of pass rushers that will be available in the 2nd or 3rd round, i really would love to get chris ellis, but he seems to be in the range where we wont get him. i also like trevor laws at DT.

USCfalcons23 (2/4/2008)
we just used a top 10 pick on a pass rusher last yr..

if were gonna go that route again, we cannot do it in the first round & maybe this time we can do a little background & pick a player that can help us.

Are you insinuating that Jamaal Anderson didn't help us? He was as solid as they come for a DE rookie. People point toward his lack of sacks as a lack of production, whereas I value his contribution in run defense to be equally, if not more so, important. Jamaal Anderson has been anything but a bust, thus far.

the giants have 4 or 5 great dlineman. The DT made people respect them and then you saw the DEs running free all night long.

there are not many difference makers at the DT spot this year but the first 3 drafted should be good players. They will instantly make their teams' DEs, LBs, and secondary take thier play to new levels.

L.Rover (2/5/2008)
USCfalcons23 (2/4/2008)

if were gonna go that route again, we cannot do it in the first round & maybe this time we can do a little background & pick a player that can help us.

Are you insinuating that Jamaal Anderson didn't help us? He was as solid as they come for a DE rookie. People point toward his lack of sacks as a lack of production, whereas I value his contribution in run defense to be equally, if not more so, important. Jamaal Anderson has been anything but a bust, thus far.

He was putrid against the run, the only thing he ever seemed to do was get blown out of every play. He has no body strength and horrible technique, Davis would have been the starter if Anderson was not drafted so high.

grendel (2/7/2008)
Richard Nixon (2/7/2008)
L.Rover (2/5/2008)
USCfalcons23 (2/4/2008)

He was putrid against the run, the only thing he ever seemed to do was get blown out of every play. He has no body strength and horrible technique, Davis would have been the starter if Anderson was not drafted so high.

He led the DL in tackles, I believe. He was hardly "putrid" against the run, and he did not get blown out of every play, or he wouldn't have been making tackles.

He makes tackles because teams run right at his sorry ##### and he wears down easily, because has poor body strength and technique.