An informal Poll regarding our HC

Xnex

How many people here watched the Super Bowl last night and were wishing that Atlanta could have waited to interview Spags. I am not displeased with our new HC, but I loved watching the Giants defense completely dominate the Patriots offense last night. That was impressive and Spags should be given credit for his part in the win.

raptorial bird (2/4/2008)
It has been proven time and time again that success as a coordinator does not necessarily translate into success as a HC and vice-versa.

I am happy with Mike Smith and believe that he possesses all of the tools necessary to be a successful head coach.

I agree. Charlie Wiess is not doing that well, Romeo Crennel is just starting to get things rolling after 3 or 4 years, and his job was on the line before this last season. Norv Turner just finally took the next step and you have to go back to the early nineties when he was hired away from the Cowboys after they won a SB. The jury is still out on Mangini.

The bottom line is, if we have a good front office and we build a good defense through the draft and FA then we will see results take place quickly. A new coach is only as good as the FO.

raptorial bird (2/4/2008)
It has been proven time and time again that success as a coordinator does not necessarily translate into success as a HC and vice-versa.

I am happy with Mike Smith and believe that he possesses all of the tools necessary to be a successful head coach.

Exactly ! And I think Smith has all the traits of a HC , I love what I have heard and seen from him. And who knows , Spags is a great DC but is he made to be a HC??? I like what we have ,but Spags was a guy I wanted also , but now I really like what we've done here.