If Eli Can Win The Superbowl

rudy

Matt Ryan can also provided he has the same defense as good as the Giant's.

If we had to draft Matt Ryan, I would much prefer that we can somehow trade down and pick him as a top ten, not with the 3rd or 5th pick. But there's a chance other team like KC will pick him up.

I would prefer Flacco with the bigger arm and cheaper but most scouts' consencus is that Matt Ryan is the safer pick and most ready for NFL right away. If we get Flacco, we may have to wait longer for him to come around and I'm tired of waiting after seeing how the Giants won today.

The point here is that... Matt Ryan is good enough to win the big one. He's just as good as Eli. So if the Falcons ended up drafting him, let's get behind the kid and give him some suport.

july425 (2/3/2008)
Any decent QB in the NFL can lead the offense to a win when you have a defense that shuts down the top offense in the league. Didn't Trent Dilfer prove that theory already? No need to overpay Ryan to be "decent".

don't forget eli played very, very well against the number 4 ranked defense tonight.

joremari (2/3/2008)
july425 (2/3/2008)
Any decent QB in the NFL can lead the offense to a win when you have a defense that shuts down the top offense in the league. Didn't Trent Dilfer prove that theory already? No need to overpay Ryan to be "decent".

don't forget eli played very, very well against the number 4 ranked defense tonight.

In the 4th quarter, when it mattered most, he played extremely well...its a good thing he didn't play that quarter like the previous three.

joremari (2/3/2008)
july425 (2/3/2008)

But the Giants still only scored only 17 pts tonight. Granted Eli played well... I still think that we don't have to have the second coming of John Elway or Joe Montana to win a SB.

Bryan, Brohm or Flacco can win provided none of these guys have the mental make up of a Ryan Leaf.

rudy (2/3/2008)
Matt Ryan can also provided he has the same defense as good as the Giant's.

If we had to draft Matt Ryan, I would much prefer that we can somehow trade down and pick him as a top ten, not with the 3rd or 5th pick. But there's a chance other team like KC will pick him up.

I would prefer Flacco with the bigger arm and cheaper but most scouts' consencus is that Matt Ryan is the safer pick and most ready for NFL right away. If we get Flacco, we may have to wait longer for him to come around and I'm tired of waiting after seeing how the Giants won today.

The point here is that... Matt Ryan is good enough to win the big one. He's just as good as Eli. So if the Falcons ended up drafting him, let's get behind the kid and give him some suport.

When was the last time a rookie QB has ever lead a team to the SB and won it?

I am so sick and tired of hearing about Joe Flacco. The Delaware product. We don't need a guy who could possibly be ok. I really don't give a **** what kind of numbers he posted in his division, because his division is AWFUL. Given the price we would have to pay for whatever QB we would have to pick up im only moderatly interested in Eric Ainge. I don't want Ryan, Brohm, or Woodson in the top 5. I never want Flacco, and Henne couldn't stay healthy this year, is undersized, and hasn't proven anything more then Ainge and will go before him in the draft. Brennan played in a pass happy system whos stock is dropping faster then enrons. Ainge played in a prostlye offense in the SEC, and did so with a broken finger on his throwing hand for most of this season. He choked once and everyone hates him. He needs some grooming, but for the price. Its better then the others.

Flacco nuts, before you start boasting his size. Ainge in the same Height, and is like 10 pounds lighter.

Carter (2/4/2008)
thefisherman (2/4/2008)
When was the last time a rookie QB has ever lead a team to the SB and won it?

Techincally, Kurt Warner in 1999... his first real season in the NFL...

Matt Ryan would be a huge mistake for this team.

Technically, KW had some valuable experience prior to coming to the NFL. He had the opportunity of working with a faster pace offense than what the NFL has . Try a different name.;)

thefisherman (2/4/2008)
Technically, KW had some valuable experience prior to coming to the NFL. He had the opportunity of working with a faster pace offense than what the NFL has . Try a different name.;)

He spent time in the arena league and when he was picked up by the Rams he was reallocated to NFL Europe... but his rookie season in the NFL, they won the Super Bowl and he won MVP of both the league and the Super Bowl.

I didn't say it was a great answer, but technically it is correct. Kurt Warner was never on an NFL team's active roster before he led the Rams to a Super Bowl victory. :P

Matt Ryan sucks. :D