Win the war in the trenches

FalconMama

joremari (2/3/2008)
no doubt the giants dline manhandled the pats oline, but if anything today showed me it's that you need a total team effort. the giants as a whole played their hearts out, and eli grew up today.

I agree, the Giants wanted it and they finished. It was a point in the game where the defense was extremely tired and they NE started to march down the field but they came together and finished the game. NE is a team that you have to play a complete 60 minutes.

I am proud of the Giants because no one gave them a chance. After Tiki left people thought they would be luck enough to win 4 games. This is a great win and to a very deserving team.. Props to Eli too, he's been killed the entire season and yes today he grew up.

Great win for the Giants and the city of NY.

FalconMama (2/3/2008)
joremari (2/3/2008)
no doubt the giants dline manhandled the pats oline, but if anything today showed me it's that you need a total team effort. the giants as a whole played their hearts out, and eli grew up today.

I agree, the Giants wanted it and they finished. It was a point in the game where the defense was extremely tired and they NE started to march down the field but they came together and finished the game. NE is a team that you have to play a complete 60 minutes.

I am proud of the Giants because no one gave them a chance. After Tiki left people thought they would be luck enough to win 4 games. This is a great win and to a very deserving team.. Props to Eli too, he's been killed the entire season and yes today he grew up.

Great win for the Giants and the city of NY.

great post falconmama! I agree 100%

bryced (2/4/2008)
I couldn't agree more. I couldn't believe how often Matt Light was just simply getting blown up a the line of scrimmage. He had a terrible game to say the least. Couldn't hold his ground at all and jumped off sides a couple of times I think.

yea the WHOLE offensive line looked like garbage yesterday. they didnt look too much different from the falcons oline yesterday.

texasbirdfan (2/4/2008)
I'll take it a step further:

IF the Patriots O-line was better: they win

Brady looked more like the Falcon QB's of 2007 without the blocking

Patriots do have a great O line, but when you have a great pass rush that's constantly pinning your ears back and having their way it's not too much more you can do.

With a great d line you can totally control the game. Like Strahan said "Eveyone has a plan, until you get punched in the mouth".

Brady had to take 3 step drops and get rid of the ball quick because his line couldnt block for ish and they were STILL getting at him.

I'm jealous as **** of the Giants d line. Ughhh

cutshot (2/4/2008)
Draft Sedrick Ellis with our 1st, then trade back into the late 1st, and grab a good OT like

Sam Baker USC, or Jeff Otah Pitt. That would be a great start.

see that is our difference I want to trade but I want more picks not less I want to get as many picks in the 20-40 range as possible and would give up the #3 to get it I would take Bryant and Sims in the Draft over Ellis at #3 and Stanley as his backup and we will have the same money in both senerios just an example but think about it

ugadawg (2/4/2008)
cutshot (2/4/2008)
Draft Sedrick Ellis with our 1st, then trade back into the late 1st, and grab a good OT like

see that is our difference I want to trade but I want more picks not less I want to get as many picks in the 20-40 range as possible and would give up the #3 to get it I would take Bryant and Sims in the Draft over Ellis at #3 and Stanley as his backup and we will have the same money in both senerios just an example but think about it

I actually like that scenario the only thing about Bryant is that he is inconsistent

FalconMama (2/4/2008)
texasbirdfan (2/4/2008)
I'll take it a step further:

IF the Patriots O-line was better: they win

Brady looked more like the Falcon QB's of 2007 without the blocking

Patriots do have a great O line, but when you have a great pass rush that's constantly pinning your ears back and having their way it's not too much more you can do.

With a great d line you can totally control the game. Like Strahan said "Eveyone has a plan, until you get punched in the mouth".

Brady had to take 3 step drops and get rid of the ball quick because his line couldnt block for ish and they were STILL getting at him.

I'm jealous as **** of the Giants d line. Ughhh

LOL! I have that Strahan quote in my sig now. ;)

koverboi (2/4/2008)
ugadawg (2/4/2008)
cutshot (2/4/2008)

I actually like that scenario the only thing about Bryant is that he is inconsistent

that may be true but he would be in a rotation If Ellis got inconsistant it would be Stanley that went in