Thats why we wanted Spags...

pren226

What a job by the Giants defense. They shut down one of if not the most prolific offense ever, and it was all Spags coaching for his D. Hats off to the Giants, nobody thought they could do it and they pulled it out in the final minutes. Its like the David and Goliath story of football, what a game.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know you remember headshot there were pleanty of people that couldn't see past him having 1 year as a d coordinator, or any other bs they could come up with to convince themselves that he wasn't a good choice. man that was some game right there, i love that attacking stlye of d. i hate the eagles with a passion but i love how they call plays on d and i like how spags took that and added his on twist on it and now they are world champs.

pren226 (2/3/2008)
What a job by the Giants defense. They shut down one of if not the most prolific offense ever, and it was all Spags coaching for his D. Hats off to the Giants, nobody thought they could do it and they pulled it out in the final minutes. Its like the David and Goliath story of football, what a game.

I know its hard not to look at that man and not want him after coaching the game of his life, but lets at least try and give who we got a chance right now.

pren226 (2/3/2008)
i know you remember headshot there were pleanty of people that couldn't see past him having 1 year as a d coordinator, or any other bs they could come up with to convince themselves that he wasn't a good choice. man that was some game right there, i love that attacking stlye of d. i hate the eagles with a passion but i love how they call plays on d and i like how spags took that and added his on twist on it and now they are world champs.

So...how would that equate out to him being a good HC?

Just playing devil's advocate here...

its like saying why will smith be good because he had a good d, its just good coaching and you hope it can carry over. kind of like high draft picks, they did good in college but you hope the do good in the pros. i just like the game plan the guy pulled out against the unstoppable patriots and he was all over brady all night.

Statick (2/3/2008)
pren226 (2/3/2008)

So...how would that equate out to him being a good HC?

Just playing devil's advocate here...

If you want to do that I would take their 2 DE over their DC any day :D

no really I was a fan of spags as well but I am just as big of a fan of Smith he has had a great D with a style I like for a couple of years now and I like the path his career has taken him.

that dude is going to get a pretty penny wherever he goes. i wish we had a position we could put him in and throw beaucoup money at him to get him here. id make up a title for him. i like e thomas a lot but if he wasn't here id be starting a petition to get him as assistant head coach.

Never said I didn't want him, but I never watched the Giants this year so I had no idea what they had.

However, even though he was awesome, you got to remember the talent he has to work with. Two top DE's and a top DT in Turk. Then you got 3 good linebackers. So, he does have a little more talent than all the other teams the Patriots played.

And you got the hunger and the past experience from playing the Patriots in week 17.

pren226 (2/3/2008)

I agree he was great, but we would be scratching the bottom of the barrel for coaches literally. We still were. Watching now I wish we had waited. ;) I still think we got a good one. We'll see can't cry over spillt milk. ;)

Spags is a phenomenal DC. No one can question that. However, no one knows whether he is ready to be a HC. Heck, he may decline the Redskins' request for an interview.

Arthur did the right thing hiring Mike Smith. All I want to do now is to build a good, solid OL and a devastating Defense.

Honestly, I think it falls more on the players than it does the gameplan honestly. Although I didn't like mike smith's gameplan against new england at all. Just asking how do you guys know, 1) He would accept our offer and, 2) He won't stay put ( although I don't see this happening ).

dude, it was not all spags, it started with draft picks and talent plus coaching by all the coaches and one **** of a scamble by Eli and a great catch by a guy that really didnt play all year. Spags has the respect of his players the same as the Falcons will have for our new coaches. its a team not one person!

cshot4 (2/3/2008)
dude, it was not all spags, it started with draft picks and talent plus coaching by all the coaches and one **** of a scamble by Eli and a great catch by a guy that really didnt play all year. Spags has the respect of his players the same as the Falcons will have for our new coaches. its a team not one person!

That and having the luxury to have played them at least once during the regular season AND having time to gameplan.

I agree that was a TOTAL team effort. I also was on the Spagnuolo bandwagon, but the more they kept winning, the less likely I thought we'd even have a shot at him. I still think that for the Skins. I don't see the guy just up & leaving a SB championship team to go & coach the Skins or the Falcons.

Good news is, that was a team in the making, and they built it over a matter of years. Sure, they've got Eli who's a great QB, Strahan, Burress, and some other vets, but they also have a lot of depth that was built through their draft and during the offseasons. No reason to think the Falcons couldn't do the same. It can be done, and God willing, hopefully it WILL be done in Atlanta. (before I die...) :P

Congrats to the Giants. Due to my long suffering yrs as a Falcons fan, I am conditioned to root for the underdogs. Tonight, they did not disappoint. :)

falconfootball (2/3/2008)
I agree that was a TOTAL team effort. I also was on the Spagnuolo bandwagon, but the more they kept winning, the less likely I thought we'd even have a shot at him. I still think that for the Skins. I don't see the guy just up & leaving a SB championship team to go & coach the Skins or the Falcons.

Good news is, that was a team in the making, and they built it over a matter of years. Sure, they've got Eli who's a great QB, Strahan, Burress, and some other vets, but they also have a lot of depth that was built through their draft and during the offseasons. No reason to think the Falcons couldn't do the same. It can be done, and God willing, hopefully it WILL be done in Atlanta. (before I die...) :P

Congrats to the Giants. Due to my long suffering yrs as a Falcons fan, I am conditioned to root for the underdogs. Tonight, they did not disappoint. :)

I wore my lucky Falcons jersey for them bozos! (It's twice as lucky after today! More luck for us!):P

Sucks to be Seau and Moss though. I wonder if Moss is going to revert back to his old self now?:hehe:

Yes, Spags did a great job with the Giants defense. But...... all posters feel free to answer this question, and give your insight.

Isnt it possible for Mike Smith and Van Gorder to get video tape of ALL the Giants playoff games this year, and study the film, study what Spags did, study his defensive scemes, and then apply them to the way they will coach the Falcons ?

I mean, after all, alot of people say the NFL is a copy-cat league, if a team is successful, then others study them, and do the same things.

dirtybird7181 (2/3/2008)
Yes, Spags did a great job with the Giants defense. But...... all posters feel free to answer this question, and give your insight.

Isnt it possible for Mike Smith and Van Gorder to get video tape of ALL the Giants playoff games this year, and study the film, study what Spags did, study his defensive scemes, and then apply them to the way they will coach the Falcons ?

I mean, after all, alot of people say the NFL is a copy-cat league, if a team is successful, then others study them, and do the same things.

That's cheating!! :pinch:

JK,

Statick - Moss did not look very happy (not surprising) in the postgame interview. He didn't pout much, though. I think the only way he reverts to old Randy is if the Pats somehow end up in the toilet, or if he gets traded to a losing team.