the government needs to get its nose out of the NFL's biness

pured-hallfan (2/3/2008)
They should be involved this is a very well liked sport and they can't let this go on can't you see it's like steroids in baseball. I mean do they have anything else to be worried about?LOL!
these senators and congressman don't care about this #####, all they want is votes and tv time.

this spygate stuff has been going on longer than i've been alive. i've not a problem with it. it's nothing like steroids in baseball.

july425 (2/3/2008)
I'm the Answer (2/3/2008)
i'm disapointed in these senators and congressman who want "air time."

So you're in favor of repealing the anti-trust exemptions for the NFL and MLB?

the NFL isn't anything close to the MLB. selig WANTED AND STILL WANTS roids in baseball. it was a dying league, not because of the unfair advantage, but because of the power the players had.

the NFL will continue to be a juggernaut so long as the balance of power it enjoys remains.

july425 (2/3/2008)

I agree. Punish the Pats, Belicheat, Goodell Castro, and everyone else involved in this conspiracy.

What are we teaching our kids if we let this "slide"? It is OK to cheat, especially if you win and don't get caught for years later.

doooooh (2/3/2008)
july425 (2/3/2008)

I agree. Punish the Pats, Belicheat, Goodell Castro, and everyone else involved in this conspiracy.

What are we teaching our kids if we let this "slide"? It is OK to cheat, especially if you win and don't get caught for years later.

:w00t::w00t::w00t: yea man i tell my kids ALL the time. "i don't care what you do timmy, just so long as you emulate the patriots."

it's not the government's job to raise your kids. unless you're a POS parent and defac takes em away. then they're responsible.

july425 (2/3/2008)

the NFL isn't anything close to the MLB. selig WANTED AND STILL WANTS roids in baseball. it was a dying league, not because of the unfair advantage, but because of the power the players had.

the NFL will continue to be a juggernaut so long as the balance of power it enjoys remains.

That balance of power is BECAUSE of the exemptions, especially the broadcasting act of 1961. An exemption from a federal law means if the ranking member of the judiciary committee wants to hold hearings on why the cheerleaders don't actually cheer, he/she can. The money gained on the exclusive broadcasting rights alone is enough, and plenty of voters have complained for years over the blackout rules the NFL enjoys...not to mention Comcast is one of Spector's main contributors, he'd be a fool NOT to hold hearings.

pured-hallfan (2/3/2008)
They should be involved this is a very well liked sport and they can't let this go on can't you see it's like steroids in baseball. I mean do they have anything else to be worried about?LOL!
these senators and congressman don't care about this #####, all they want is votes and tv time.

this spygate stuff has been going on longer than i've been alive. i've not a problem with it. it's nothing like steroids in baseball.

Bread and Circuses