Win or lose, Belichick may abruptly 'retire' rather than faced increased scrutiny..

McKay for Commissioner..??

It was his 'dream job', but the way he handled the Patriots' Spygate situation may open the door for Rich.. After being demoted, he needs an avenue to get out Atlanta and Goddell's arrogant gaffe may have been the opening..

Belicheck hates attention and after the Super Bowl, the level of scrutiny from the media may be tempered, but the U.S. government wants answers and his stonewalling just won't do..

He may take his chances and retire in much the same way Mark McGwire did..

ATL--75 (2/3/2008)
McKay for Commissioner..??

It was his 'dream job', but the way he handled the Patriots' Spygate situation may open the door for Rich.. After being demoted, he needs an avenue to get out Atlanta and Goddell's arrogant gaffe may have been the opening..

Belicheck hates attention and after the Super Bowl, the level of scrutiny from the media may be tempered, but the U.S. government wants answers and his stonewalling just won't do..

He may take his chances and retire in much the same way Mark McGwire did..

You know, that Silver Patron, will cause delusions...if not sipped properly.

Bigg Dogg (2/3/2008)
McKay wasn't demoted, but yeah... I see your point. It's a possibility. :D

Well, his professional integrity as a draft evaluator took a PUBLIC DEMOTION....:w00t::w00t:

Goddell needs to 'lawyer up' and this may open the door for Rich McKay to leave Atlanta....:cool::cool:

ATL--75 (2/3/2008)
Bigg Dogg (2/3/2008)
McKay wasn't demoted, but yeah... I see your point. It's a possibility. :D

Well, his professional integrity as a draft evaluator took a PUBLIC DEMOTION....:w00t::w00t:

Goddell needs to 'lawyer up' and this may open the door for Rich McKay to leave Atlanta....:cool::cool:

Seriously, do you actually believe the pure crap that you post or do you get some type of existential rush knowing that someone might believe the fiction that you write every day?

God I love Patron.

Goddell is going nowhere. He has been in the office for one season. No chance.

Belichick is going nowhere. He doesn't strike me as a guy who quits in the face of adversity. The league has already punished the people involved.

The fact that my tax dollars that I've been paying are going to some crackhead in congress who is looking into spygate quite frankly, makes me very angry.

The Kid with the Golden Arm (2/3/2008)
I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the shine knocked off of Goodell Castro if congress finds him guilty of any wrongdoing. However, McKay couldn't fix the Falcons. How in the blue **** will he be able to fix a league? Just say NO!

Because McKay is a much better administrator than talent evaluator, he has said himself that he enjoys the bisiness side better than the evaluator side of football. He would do well as the commish.

birdonawire (2/3/2008)
I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the shine knocked off of Goodell Castro if congress finds him guilty of any wrongdoing. However, McKay couldn't fix the Falcons. How in the blue **** will he be able to fix a league? Just say NO!

Because McKay is a much better administrator than talent evaluator, he has said himself that he enjoys the bisiness side better than the evaluator side of football. He would do well as the commish.

Somehow, I doubt that.

Congress isn't looking to find Goodell "guilty of wrongdoing". They are looking to appease the cable TV industries whom the NFL is at odds with currently. Specter and his cronies are just playing political games right now with the "spy-gate" garbage.

I dont understand why the US government has to be invovled with this. They cheated, its not like they broke the law. They recorded a team's walkthrough, its not like they broke into their homes and planted cameras.

I just want to make it clear that I hate the Pats and hope they get busted but I just dont see why the busy bodies in the US Goverment need to stick their noses in this. Their are much more important things they should be doing.

I think Belicheck has more integrity than to run away.

I think the governments response to Spygate is not any of its business, because realistically no laws were broken, and no one tresspassed to obtain the film. Is there a cover up? Probably. Our own governent has covered up plenty of things, so why does the gov need get involved with something going on in a sport when our tax dollars should go to uncovering more important issues like healthcare, price gouging with the oil, or the outright denial that global warming exist?

I don't think Goodell is worried at all, and why should he be? It is just plain stupid for our gov to be involved with this. Will charges be brought against Bobby Cox for stealing signs on the baseball field?