Saints DE charles grant

dirtybirdies98

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to play the BS card on this one. IF this was true it would have been somewhere, and if it was reported by Adam it would have atleast been on the ticker at the bottom of the screen on NFLN but there was nothing to be found. I sure hope you were messing around.

BillyWitchDoctor (2/3/2008)
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to play the BS card on this one. IF this was true it would have been somewhere, and if it was reported by Adam it would have atleast been on the ticker at the bottom of the screen on NFLN but there was nothing to be found. I sure hope you were messing around.

Why would he just make that up out of nowhere??

This is PFT but still it's another source

GRANT STABBED IN ATLANTA

Posted by Mike Florio on February 3, 2008, 11:55 a.m.

Eight years after an infamous Super Bowl night stabbing in Atlanta, there s been another knife incident involving an NFL player.

This time around, however, the player was on the wrong end of the blade.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Saints defensive end Charles Grant was stabbed in the neck during a Saturday night fight in an Atlanta nightclub. A woman was shot and killed during the melee.

Grant is expected to be okay, but police will want to interview Grant, if they haven t already, regarding the events that ultimately claimed a woman s life.

More details are expected to come in as the day unfolds.

Charles Grant Stabbed in the Neck During a Nightclub Fight

Posted Feb 3rd 2008 12:36PM by Tom Mantzouranis

Filed under: Saints, NFC South, New Orleans

With all of the talk this morning making a national crisis out of sign-stealing and destroyed videotapes, here's some sobering news -- at an Atlanta nightclub last night, an altercation resulted with Saints defensive end Charles Grant stabbed in the neck and a pregnant woman shot and killed.

The news was originally reported by Adam Schefter on the NFL Network, and details are still cloudy, although Grant is "expected to be okay." There's no word about how the fight began or what Grant's role was in it, but he's had a trouble-free history in the NFL thus far. Atlanta is especially unkind grounds for Saints players and fans, but Grant has ties in the area from his days at the University of Georgia.

Whether or not he was caught in the middle of a bad situation or one of its causes remains to be seen, but this is a terrible event with terrible timing for the NFL, who doesn't need another incident -- especially one involving a late-night altercation -- to mar its biggest game (surprisingly, the league's own house network picked up the sad story while ESPN has yet to even run it on its crawl). Either way, a woman and her unborn child have lost their lives and a man might be seriously injured. Makes Spygate seem rather trivial.

More details will hopefully emerge soon.

This is from AOL sports

raven reborn (2/3/2008)
Charles Grant Stabbed in the Neck During a Nightclub Fight

Posted Feb 3rd 2008 12:36PM by Tom Mantzouranis

Filed under: Saints, NFC South, New Orleans

With all of the talk this morning making a national crisis out of sign-stealing and destroyed videotapes, here's some sobering news -- at an Atlanta nightclub last night, an altercation resulted with Saints defensive end Charles Grant stabbed in the neck and a pregnant woman shot and killed.

The news was originally reported by Adam Schefter on the NFL Network, and details are still cloudy, although Grant is "expected to be okay." There's no word about how the fight began or what Grant's role was in it, but he's had a trouble-free history in the NFL thus far. Atlanta is especially unkind grounds for Saints players and fans, but Grant has ties in the area from his days at the University of Georgia.

Whether or not he was caught in the middle of a bad situation or one of its causes remains to be seen, but this is a terrible event with terrible timing for the NFL, who doesn't need another incident -- especially one involving a late-night altercation -- to mar its biggest game (surprisingly, the league's own house network picked up the sad story while ESPN has yet to even run it on its crawl). Either way, a woman and her unborn child have lost their lives and a man might be seriously injured. Makes Spygate seem rather trivial.

More details will hopefully emerge soon.

This is from AOL sports

Good grief!

ki45toryu (2/3/2008)
You would think ESPN or NFL.com would have broken the story by now.

They probably don't want to overshadow the Superbowl with negative news

I know that's sick but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the truth :unsure:

btw some ##### aints fans saying Atlanta fans did this to him on purpose lol. Idiots

raven reborn (2/3/2008)
ki45toryu (2/3/2008)
You would think ESPN or NFL.com would have broken the story by now.

They probably don't want to overshadow the Superbowl with negative news

I know that's sick but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the truth :unsure:

btw some ##### aints fans saying Atlanta fans did this to him on purpose lol. Idiots

That's bad news about Grant. I hope the talk about Falcons fans doing this on purpose is false.

Last report is Grant shot the man who stabbed him after taking the knife away. Sounds like self defense on Grant's part. Also sounds like he was in an area where it would be easy to find one's self in a "self-defense needed" situation. The perp's nickname: "Possum." Woman killed was bystander.

ty down (2/3/2008)

That's bad news about Grant. I hope the talk about Falcons fans doing this on purpose is false.

Oh yeah it's just a couple of dumb fans. Just like if one of our players were stabbed in New Orelans you know a couple of our dumb fans would claim that some Aints fans did it.

This story is pretty muddy still but I'm pretty sure at least SOMETHING happened involving Grant and a knife in Georgia. Hope he's ok and sorry to hear about that woman :

dirtybirdies98 (2/3/2008)
i know this isnt falcon related but since we play them twice a year and are rivals figured i would let people know.

grant was stabbed in the neck and a pregnant woman was shot and killed i dont know the current status of grants health.

post in around nfl or rival central then cmon man

get it right for frucks sake!

The nightclub was not in Atlanta. It was in a small town called Blakely, GA. It is near his hometown. Charles is ok, but is currently in jail. A pregnant girl was shot and killed and another individual was injured and is hospitalized.

You can get the details at my blog, here:

I work in the town where the incident occurred and live in Charles' home town which is about 20 miles away and where he often comes in the off-season.